Atms And Ammo Concerns

5 replies to this topic

#1 Angel of Annihilation

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,872 posts

Posted 01 July 2017 - 09:02 AM

Not sure if anyone else is experiencing this but even loading up 5 tons of ammo, I am finding myself running short even in the 4 man brawls that are going on this is just using a pair of ATM9s.

Anyone else feel this way?

#2 davoodoo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 2,496 posts

Posted 01 July 2017 - 09:23 AM

lrms
tt 120 missiles per ton
mwo 180 missiles per ton

atms
tt 60 missiles per ton
mwo 72 missiles per ton

Only other weapon which doesnt follow 1.5x tt ammo are srms which not only atm wont compete with due to min range but srms were never ammo starved.

#3 Rusharn

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 224 posts

Posted 03 July 2017 - 02:48 PM

I do not mind the low ammo if the damage stays high and they remove the minimum range.

#4 Bad Pun

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Moon
  • The Moon
  • 109 posts

Posted 03 July 2017 - 03:12 PM

ATMs need at least 90 rounds per ton. Siince I imagine that a lions share of the ammo will be fired from the two damage range, this would put it in line with LRMs at 180 damage per ton. Occasionally that will have a bonus at short range, but evens out with the reduced effect at long range.

#5 Damnedtroll

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 676 posts
  • LocationFrog land of Quebec

Posted 03 July 2017 - 04:08 PM

In one way.. if one ton of mwo atm ammo do the work of 3 tons of different ammo in TT they can stay like that...

But they need to cut the minimum range or boost ammo number to compensate. ATM need some tinkering, it's still PTS, we will see.

Edited by Damnedtroll, 03 July 2017 - 04:19 PM.

#6 Doctor Dinosaur

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 271 posts

Posted 04 July 2017 - 03:35 AM

The problem is, that ATM has to do 2,5 times the damage of an LRM to have the same tonns/damage equivalent. For this you have to use your weapon almost all the time in the optimal range...and this range is too small, imho.
This is not even considering AMS and the low flight courve which will result in some shots wasted.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users