40 replies to this topic

#41 Khobai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 23,969 posts

Posted 07 July 2017 - 12:19 PM

Which mechs would use HLLs though?

Any mech that uses ultra autocannons but lacks energy hardpoints.

The HLL is by far the worst of the bunch though. Theres more applications for HML and HSL I think.

The HML if nothing else is 10 damage for 1 ton. What other weapon in the game gives you that much damage for only 1 ton? The 8 heat is a little too high though for a weapon that only has 270m range. It should be 7 heat which is the same heat as two IS medium lasers (5 damage, 3.5 heat each, and also 270m range). And in exchange for lower tonnage and only using 1 hardpoint it would have a longer duration and cooldown than the IS medium lasers. Thats fair.

Same with the HSL. It has crazy high damage for its tonnage. Although similarly I feel the heat is a little too high.

As for the HLL its problem is that its damage to tonnage ratio isnt nearly as good as the HML or HSL. Thats what hurts it so badly right off the bat and makes it the worst of the heavy lasers. The HML gets a 10:1 ratio for damage to tonnage (12:1 for the HSL). But the HLL only gets 4:1. So unless they really jack up the damage on the HLL I cant see it ever being all that great.

Edited by Khobai, 07 July 2017 - 12:41 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users