No replies to this topic

#1 Duke78

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16 posts
  • LocationBremen - Germany

Posted 04 July 2017 - 09:40 AM

Played for quite a while on the test servers now and I have to say: I like what I see. The new tech will bring so much more versatility to the game. Also the new sound effects for most of the weapons are so great, I have to wonder if you did not entitle yourself to redesign the effects for the old weapons.

Back to my feedback topic:

MRMs:
I like the idea of the MRMs and I see myself using them in the game. I also understand that their firing pattern and damage spread is the way it is to set them apart from SRMs. That is okay. I do not intend to replace SRMs in my builds with MRMs to fullfill the same role.
But one thing really has to be fixed from my (and as I heard a lot of others) point of view. You have to enable us to lead this weapon. A staggered shot weapon I am not able to keep on target while firing is in the best case scenario a weapon you need a lot of experience with, in the worst case straightforward useless. Leading shots is possible for Clan and IS UACs and for each and every laser in the game. You can also lead your LRM shots (if somewhat useless in that case) why not for the MRMs?
Additionally, it looks quite silly when you fire MRMs in a twisting motion and the rockets seem to come out of the side of your mech.

ATMs:
The divided damage pattern depending on the range is a nice thing and the best compromise when you do not want to or are not able to implement different ammunition types. Good idea. But implementing a minimum firing distance makes them too similar to LRMs from my perspective. On the other hand giving them their full damage potential from point blank will make them quite op. So I suggest to give them either an increasing damage potential between 0 and 120 meters (like already in place for the Clan LRMs) or have them do at least as much damage as at their maximum distance for the first 120 meters. (And this suggestion comes from a guy who mostly pilots IS mechs)

Just my 2 cents on these two topics. Will continue testing and provide feedback when I find something.

Best wishes

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users