Fp: Search Time + Ghost Drops Or Inner Game

Gameplay

69 replies to this topic

Poll: Internal battles (75 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you want Internal battles?

1. Yes, I want internal battles. (50 votes [66.67%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 66.67%

2. No, leave as is (23 votes [30.67%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 30.67%

3. Other, I'll write in the comments. (2 votes [2.67%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 2.67%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Nimnul

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 246 posts

Posted 04 July 2017 - 11:59 PM

Everyone I know is tired of waiting for a search, which would then be a ghost drop. This is because the most of the players are playing for mercs and they switch from IS to Clans simultaneously. From this situation, there is one obvious way out. For example. When 12 people for clans, can not find the enemy. Let them fight the clans. Clans vs clans or sphere vs sphere. Then it will not matter how many people are for the clans or for the sphere.

In internal battles, the losing team gives away part of his planetary points (if any).

UDP: Internal battle only if there is no enemy on the other side.

Edited by Nimnul, 03 August 2018 - 09:35 PM.

#2 justcallme A S H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 05 July 2017 - 12:29 AM

If you're tried of searching, don't take clan contracts.

Pretty straightforward

#3 FallingAce

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Butcher
  • The Butcher
  • 627 posts

Posted 05 July 2017 - 02:38 AM

View Postjustcallme A S H, on 05 July 2017 - 12:29 AM, said:

Pretty straightforward

/thread
/lock

P.G.I. please PIN

#4 TWIAFU

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 4,011 posts
  • LocationBell's Brewery, MI

Posted 05 July 2017 - 03:16 AM

Pretty straightforward

Hehe.

I know once the Linebacker games start, we let them ghost drop into boredom.

Then laugh at them for complaining about ghost drops.

LOL

#5 justcallme A S H

• CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 05 July 2017 - 06:33 AM

I fear I spoke far too much sense for the first post.

But then when you cheese/objective rush your wins (cause you can't win in an actual shootout), no surprise you end up without opposition.

#6 Pat Kell

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,187 posts
  • LocationSol, NA, Iowa

Posted 05 July 2017 - 07:41 AM

Pretty straightforward

Pretty straightforward? We get ghost drops as IS...got 5 in a row the other night.

#7 Chagatay

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 964 posts

Posted 05 July 2017 - 07:47 AM

WAI

#8 naterist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 6
  • Mercenary Rank 6
  • 1,724 posts
  • Location7th circle of hell

Posted 05 July 2017 - 10:30 AM

i ghost dropped for the first time since 4.1 went live on sunday night. i also noticed that my unit had a 12 man, a second mixed bag of rsor, isen, and a couple others had a 12 man, kcom was on, and i think bcmc was also running that night as IS. our mixed bag lost 1 match, rsor lost a couple to ms, and i doubt bcmc and kcom lost much.

so what is the highest likely cause of ghost drops on sunday? continuous stomps sounds like the most likely. numerous solutions, such as matchmakers, limiting fw to groups, and having skill based gates to going into fw have all been suggested and left untouched. not saying any one of those solutions is better than the other, but obviously there is a problem here, and any one of the above solutions is much, Much, MUCH better than nothing. and nothing is all pgi seems interested in doing.

in 3.0, you could at least switch to a different planet if you were sick of getting beat by the same guys repeatedly, but in 4.0 that is very hard to avoid, and its costing us players, regardless of whether they should be there or not, we need the numbers for fw to work, and stomping is destroying those numbers.

#9 Wing 0

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 815 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 05 July 2017 - 11:57 AM

View PostPat Kell, on 05 July 2017 - 07:41 AM, said:

Pretty straightforward? We get ghost drops as IS...got 5 in a row the other night.

2/3 of clan loyalists don't even play anymore. thus comes the fkups on the contracts.

#10 Nimnul

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 246 posts

Posted 05 July 2017 - 01:10 PM

View PostWing 0, on 05 July 2017 - 11:57 AM, said:

2/3 of clan loyalists don't even play anymore. thus comes the fkups on the contracts.

So why did you vote 'no'? Do you like a ghost drops or do you like a quick? We have ghosts in our primetime(right now) for clans and seach time 5-9m.

Edited by Nimnul, 05 July 2017 - 01:13 PM.

#11 justcallme A S H

• CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 06 July 2017 - 12:15 AM

Yeah some exceptions for sure. The event saw to that.
Sun-Mon US or Mon-Tue Oceanic seems to be a total dead zone of late.

Normally IS isn't a major worry, overall speaking over 7 days. But yeah, 2 days a week at least is pretty bad no matter where you are.

#12 Wing 0

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 815 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 08 July 2017 - 02:12 AM

View PostNimnul, on 05 July 2017 - 01:10 PM, said:

So why did you vote 'no'? Do you like a ghost drops or do you like a quick? We have ghosts in our primetime(right now) for clans and seach time 5-9m.

Because this thread of yours is dumb?

We already had internal fights between clans for awhile before Russ's phase 4 showed its face here. Bringing back internal fights not going to work either because we had encountered idiots mostly from clan loyalists who are chickenshit to even try to fight other clan factions. Only we mercs had the urge to do fights between clans. Ended up getting games for awhile but the loyalists were not liking it so they kept abusing the vote system to keep mercs doing one thing, DOING GHOST DROPS against a faction with little to no population.

Take the Ghost Bear Loyalists for example, They have units who back in phase 3 were extremely picky on who they wanted to fight because they wanted to fight factions with little to no population. Funny when they queue up against a planet with no players and just simply just ghost dropping, a 12-man merc group can just queue up on the other end and murder the fk out of them so bad to the point they are not willing to queue and try again. We mercs showed them what happens when loyalists don't learn to play against teams. When they abused the system which most loyalists did, it got taken away. Now most of those loyalist units don't even queue up or even try to play FP.

#13 Nimnul

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 246 posts

Posted 09 July 2017 - 01:23 AM

All this is a sad story but I do not care :). I would tell you my attitude towards LOR. But it's forbidden to swear. The situation is this. Or we play internal battles, or we disagree on other games.

#14 A Shoddy Rental Mech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Boombox
  • The Boombox
  • 590 posts
  • LocationOn my Island, There are many like it, but this one is mine.

Posted 09 July 2017 - 09:49 AM

View PostNimnul, on 09 July 2017 - 01:23 AM, said:

All this is a sad story but I do not care Posted Image. I would tell you my attitude towards LOR. But it's forbidden to swear. The situation is this. Or we play internal battles, or we disagree on other games.

Just like the idiots on these forums in phase 3 said "i don't care about factions or planets, i only care about quick drops" PGI listened and gave us buckets.

So let's look at your plan.

We've all ready proven the only thing that entices merc units to the I.S. side is the shorter wait times. If they can get drops against other clan units, there will be no reason to go I.S.

Then you tie up the 2 clan teams fighting each other for 30 minutes. Population is so low that if an I.S. team ques up, it'll probably get a ghost drop.

You've effectively removed the I.S. from faction warfare.
I'm sure PGI will get behind this plan.

#15 Nimnul

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 246 posts

Posted 10 July 2017 - 03:38 AM

You misunderstood my plan. Internal battle only if there is no enemy on the other side.If the IS command is collected, it takes precedence. You think that you can change people. But people choose what they like. If it's a fact that clans like more people. Then you need to let them play. To force a player do something that he does not want unpromisingly. He just go away. To think that people will sit in ghost drops and then go beyond the another side, is silly. I know what people think about, who do vote 'no'. They are simply afraid to play on equal terms. Although if you recall the same LOR. We see that internal fighting is a frequent occurrence.

Edited by Nimnul, 10 July 2017 - 04:04 AM.

#16 A Shoddy Rental Mech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Boombox
  • The Boombox
  • 590 posts
  • LocationOn my Island, There are many like it, but this one is mine.

Posted 10 July 2017 - 05:53 AM

Fact that more people like clan?

The clan only players is roughly equal to the I.S. only players.

Posted Image

It's the mercs that make the imbalance.

#17 justcallme A S H

• CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 10 July 2017 - 07:05 AM

And that population is based on active players or... A bunch of people that haven't played? ;)

#18 Nimnul

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 246 posts

Posted 10 July 2017 - 11:53 AM

What for here the population? The population can be anything. But at this point in time there are 24 for the clans, and 0 for the sphere. Because someone from America is someone from Europe. Someone went to eat.

#19 TWIAFU

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 4,011 posts
  • LocationBell's Brewery, MI

Posted 10 July 2017 - 12:36 PM

I've had two since this phase started, last one yesterday I think.

After seeing 7 out of the 12 IS PUGs not even hit a Match Score of 100 and less then 100 damage per Mech, not sure wtf these people are doing in CW.

They did, however, blame PGI, MM, and Clans for them derping and playing Qp with respawn peek a boo.

#20 SmokeGuar

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Grizzly
  • The Grizzly
  • 450 posts

Posted 10 July 2017 - 04:08 PM

Few points from loyalist perspective.

First and biggest thing is PGI continued shafting of Clan loyalist. In order to drive population ( mercs ) to IS side, Clan side has faced continues nerfs. Lots of mechs have turned from fun or at least useable to dump trucks.

Second, active player base on Clan side is thin. Activity on FW rests heavily on mercs. During Phase 3 many loyalist factions had difficulties to get even single 12 drop going. Splitting forces to Clan vs Clan to satisfy mercs was simply not doable.
On loyalist units player exp range from level 1 to level 20, unit tag tells nothing about quality of team. Atm many active merc units have all players level 20+ (combined 1 million LP from different sources). Getting OP merc unit wagging its middle finger throughout match does not help.

TBC

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users