52 replies to this topic

#1 Navid A1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • 4,932 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 05 July 2017 - 05:01 PM

Have fun face tanking for the whole duration of the missile stream.
A torso twist now will potentially cause much unintentional friendly fire.
At least with all missiles going to the same spot, you could fire and twist with no problem... to hell with missiles coming out sideways from your mech... we're talking about the viability of an entire weapon system

You wouldn't be using MRMs for tracking fast movers with that wide spread missile cloud. Then why you nerfed its only advantage in brawls?... Because it looks cooler now?... WHY?
Where they THAT much OP in brawls?

Seriously... what was going through your mind when you made this change?

The sad thing is that this change is THE CONCLUSION!. Meaning that its the final decision on this.
What basis this change had even?
Why did you conclude that this is a good change?

Edited by Navid A1, 05 July 2017 - 05:02 PM.

#2 Gas Guzzler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,250 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 05 July 2017 - 05:11 PM

View PostNavid A1, on 05 July 2017 - 05:01 PM, said:

At least with all missiles going to the same spot, you could fire and twist with no problem... to hell with missiles coming out sideways from your mech... we're talking about the viability of an entire weapon system

You wouldn't be using MRMs for tracking fast movers with that wide spread missile cloud. Then why you nerfed its only advantage in brawls?... Because it looks cooler now?... WHY?

The sad thing is that this change is THE CONCLUSION!. Meaning that its the final decision on this.

Spoiler: They are bad either way.

#3 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 05 July 2017 - 05:13 PM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 05 July 2017 - 05:11 PM, said:

Spoiler: They are bad either way.

Hey, at least it's not like IS LBX... a poor man's copypasta.

Edited by Deathlike, 05 July 2017 - 05:14 PM.

#4 Y E O N N E

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 05 July 2017 - 05:20 PM

They only paired well with lasers or burst ballistics. Guess what you do with either of those.

#5 Scout Derek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,015 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSomewhere where you'll probably never go to

Posted 05 July 2017 - 05:22 PM

It's not that bad;

What's bad is the spread on these damned things.

#6 MischiefSC

• The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 05 July 2017 - 05:42 PM

Whatever. There's no good reason to ever use them. They're flavor text and one of the "tax on bads"/"noob trap" weapons that is there to let bad players and lore hounds gimp themselves and feel masochistic.

There's more good use for an IS LB10X than for MRMs, but not all new tech can be amazing. The new UACs are solid, LFE helps a few mechs. The rest is all pretty bad. At least it's saving me money buying new stuff. I was worried the new tech would be useful and I'd need to spend cbills. Nope! 4 or 5 engines for some niche STD to LFE builds, some UAC 10s and 20s and I'm good. Everything else is largely worthless.

#7 LordNothing

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,787 posts

Posted 05 July 2017 - 05:43 PM

i dont really like the idea of the mrms being a poptart/hillhump weapon. it also looked silly.

#8 Damnedtroll

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 676 posts
  • LocationFrog land of Quebec

Posted 05 July 2017 - 05:43 PM

MRM not bad, find them pretty good but i'm not a boater... i like to be able to put a big punch weapon in a single hardpoint that a lot of times is not used because it's lone.

#9 Gas Guzzler

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,250 posts

Posted 05 July 2017 - 05:46 PM

View PostScout Derek, on 05 July 2017 - 05:22 PM, said:

What's bad is the spread on these damned things.

Yeah, they just don't kill things fast enough.

#10 Ruar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,378 posts

Posted 05 July 2017 - 05:46 PM

They fire in a second or less, it's not a lot of face time. And having them track the crosshair makes it easier to hit targets on the move.

The only question I have is what will be the final spread value of MRMs. I was really happy with them on test.

#11 The6thMessenger

• Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 8,045 posts
  • LocationFrom a distance in an Urbie with a HAG, delivering righteous fury to heretics.

Posted 05 July 2017 - 05:51 PM

View PostNavid A1, on 05 July 2017 - 05:01 PM, said:

"Medium Range Missiles", shouldn't that it's better at mid range? Cause close range brawls are SRM's job.

And i like the stream leading, cause at least with proper aiming i can direct the entire stream at a moving target.

#12 Scout Derek

• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,015 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSomewhere where you'll probably never go to

Posted 05 July 2017 - 05:51 PM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 05 July 2017 - 05:46 PM, said:

Yeah, they just don't kill things fast enough.

exactly. You can take SRM4s and do more with them than a MRM10s.

Lower the spread significantly, not asking for laser fire MRMs, but something more reasonable, perhaps just a tad bit more spread than regular SRMs.

View PostThe6thMessenger, on 05 July 2017 - 05:51 PM, said:

"Medium Range Missiles", shouldn't that it's better at mid range? Cause close range brawls are SRM's job.

And i like the stream leading, cause at least with proper aiming i can direct the entire stream at a moving target.

I do like it too. Just the spread is not good in today's meta. You can get more out of SRMs than these things.

#13 Y E O N N E

• The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 05 July 2017 - 05:58 PM

MRMs need a little more range to be truly "mid range". Right now, they are just outside brawl-range; 450 is firmly mid-range for something like an AC/10 or laser because they aren't hard-capped at 450 meters, but the MRMs are. 510-540 meters would be about where they should fall.

Edited by Yeonne Greene, 05 July 2017 - 05:59 PM.

#14 Gas Guzzler

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,250 posts

Posted 05 July 2017 - 06:00 PM

View PostYeonne Greene, on 05 July 2017 - 05:58 PM, said:

MRMs need a little more range to be truly "mid range". Right now, they are just outside brawl-range; 450 is firmly mid-range for something like an AC/10 or laser because they aren't hard-capped at 450 meters, but the MRMs are. 510-540 meters would be about where they should fall.

Even then, you are leading your target so much that your convergence is gonna be awful and chances are you are going to miss most of the missiles anyway at 400 m/s. Unless you are shooting a Dire Whale of course.

#15 The6thMessenger

• Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 8,045 posts
  • LocationFrom a distance in an Urbie with a HAG, delivering righteous fury to heretics.

Posted 05 July 2017 - 06:01 PM

View PostYeonne Greene, on 05 July 2017 - 05:58 PM, said:

Hmm, what about velocity increase too? I don't mind directing a long stream, as long as i can hit enemies reliably at long range. That long stream already hampers it's close range effectiveness, so i don't worry about it as much.

#16 Gas Guzzler

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,250 posts

Posted 05 July 2017 - 06:01 PM

View PostThe6thMessenger, on 05 July 2017 - 06:01 PM, said:

Hmm, what about velocity increase too? I don't mind directing a long stream, as long as i can hit enemies reliably at long range. That long stream already hampers it's close range effectiveness, so i don't worry about it as much.

Yeah, would be nice to get it a bit closer to AC20 velocity, which is already not considered an accurate weapon at 300m let alone 500.

#17 The6thMessenger

• Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 8,045 posts

Posted 05 July 2017 - 06:04 PM

I can't wait for an Urbanmech R68.

#18 Y E O N N E

• The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 05 July 2017 - 06:04 PM

View PostThe6thMessenger, on 05 July 2017 - 06:01 PM, said:

More velocity is also probably in order, but not much. It's 400 m/s right now, and honestly much more would make the UAC/20 feel inadequate for tis tonnage despite the spread. I'd probably go for 450 m/s, but not more than 500 m/s, and that would mostly be to be able to use the new 540 meter range in context of being a missile- and not a ballistic-class weapon.

#19 Navid A1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • 4,932 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 05 July 2017 - 06:08 PM

Anything with less than 900 m/s projectile is outright garbage at mid range (MRMs are 400 m/s lololol)

I'd rather have the stream go a single point i fired at, since that can at least be useful in brawls.

Also, if you are trying to lead moving targets with a weapon like MRMs with a spread the size of a planet, you are doing something seriously wrong.

#20 Gas Guzzler

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,250 posts

Posted 05 July 2017 - 06:13 PM

View PostNavid A1, on 05 July 2017 - 06:08 PM, said:

Anything with less than 900 m/s projectile is outright garbage at mid range (MRMs are 400 m/s lololol)

I'd rather have the stream go a single point i fired at, since that can at least be useful in brawls.

Also, if you are trying to lead moving targets with a weapon like MRMs with a spread the size of a planet, you are doing something seriously wrong.

Case in point... MRMs suck.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users