Please Change Color Of C-Heavy Lasers

11 replies to this topic

#1 Lux Monolithic

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 203 posts

Posted 06 July 2017 - 09:39 AM

Heavy Med to Orange, Heavy Large to Purple... etc. This has wide support and been mentioned numerous times in General Discussion, not sure if it made it's way here. What the colors are doesn't matter much to me as long as they change. I am no expert in what they "should" be... but I know I don't want them to look identical to the current ER Medium and Large. That's boring.

The only reason I could see for not changing them if in lore it was explicitly stated that they were the exact same colors as their ER brethren. Which I wouldn't really know anyway. If this is the case, then forgive my ignorance.

#2 Stridercal

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 260 posts
  • LocationSoCal

Posted 06 July 2017 - 10:03 AM

I second this idea heartily.

#3 Felbombling

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,973 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 06 July 2017 - 10:38 AM

Yuppers, I am one of the people who has posted on this. Makes total sense based on wave form and intensity, gives players a visual cue for information, gives Clan players another reason to use the Heavy Lasers and also brightens up the battlefield.

#4 Zack Esseth

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Predator
  • The Predator
  • 248 posts
  • LocationRith Essa

Posted 06 July 2017 - 10:53 AM

Agree to this too. And also make Micros their own color.

#5 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 06 July 2017 - 12:15 PM

Please. The ability to spot people stupid enough to bring heavy lasers makes it easy to prioritize targets on the field. It would be very helpful.

#6 Lux Monolithic

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 203 posts

Posted 06 July 2017 - 12:29 PM

View PostMischiefSC, on 06 July 2017 - 12:15 PM, said:

Please. The ability to spot people stupid enough to bring heavy lasers makes it easy to prioritize targets on the field. It would be very helpful.

From my testing, I have done very well with heavy lasers and find them to be a great addition.

#7 Gas Guzzler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,250 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 06 July 2017 - 03:59 PM

Not sure if I agree with the colors, but tbh I was hoping there would be a slight change in color here.

#8 MischiefSC

• The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 07 July 2017 - 12:00 PM

View PostIlluminous Owl, on 06 July 2017 - 12:29 PM, said:

From my testing, I have done very well with heavy lasers and find them to be a great addition.

When it goes live let's do a test. You pick the mech, any regular laservomit mech or 'good' Clan energy mech, I'll take mixed pulse and ER, you take Heavies.

If I beat you 9 out of 10 matches, what does that mean?

#9 Khobai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 23,969 posts

Posted 07 July 2017 - 12:07 PM

heavy small to orange
heavy medium to cyan/turquoise
heavy large to purple

When it goes live let's do a test. You pick the mech, any regular laservomit mech or 'good' Clan energy mech, I'll take mixed pulse and ER, you take Heavies.

If I beat you 9 out of 10 matches, what does that mean?

lets do a different test.

we both take clan mechs with only 2 energy hardpoints

you use pulse and ER. I take heavies.

if I beat you 9 out of 10 matches, what does that mean?

(it means heavy lasers will never compete with other lasers on mechs capable of laser vomit because theyre an incredibly niche weapon that will only ever be useful on clan mechs that specifically lack energy hardpoints)

Edited by Khobai, 07 July 2017 - 12:12 PM.

#10 Widowmaker1981

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 5,031 posts
  • LocationAt the other end of the pretty lights.

Posted 07 July 2017 - 03:03 PM

View PostKhobai, on 07 July 2017 - 12:07 PM, said:

heavy small to orange
heavy large to purple

(it means heavy lasers will never compete with other lasers on mechs capable of laser vomit because theyre an incredibly niche weapon that will only ever be useful on clan mechs that specifically lack energy hardpoints)

Id put my money on 2xLPL vs 2xHLL, personally. Longer range, significantly better duration and more heat efficient even with the extra 4 DHS you get from lighter weapons.. maybe in a 1v1 situation the advantages arent quite as strong, but i still think the LPLs would win since any DPS advantage from the HLLs will be lost once reaching heat cap.

#11 Khobai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 23,969 posts

Posted 07 July 2017 - 03:33 PM

Id put my money on 2xLPL vs 2xHLL, personally. Longer range, significantly better duration and more heat efficient even with the extra 4 DHS you get from lighter weapons.. maybe in a 1v1 situation the advantages arent quite as strong, but i still think the LPLs would win since any DPS advantage from the HLLs will be lost once reaching heat cap.

Sure because theyre still really bad right now. But If HLL are buffed in the ways I suggested I would put my money on HLL.

But HLL do outrange LPL. Not by much but its 900m vs 830m. Also despite having a longer beam duration HLL still do very close to the same damage per tick as LPL.

The only reason HLL would lose to LPL is because its cooldown is way too long and its heat is way too high. And those are both of the things that need to be fixed.

And thats actually the proper balancing point for HLL. 2 HLL should be slightly better than 2 LPL. Because then thered be a reason to use HLL over LPL on mechs that only have 2 energy hardpoints. While LPL would still get used primarily in laser vomit builds.

Edited by Khobai, 07 July 2017 - 03:35 PM.

#12 MischiefSC

• The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 07 July 2017 - 06:57 PM

View PostKhobai, on 07 July 2017 - 12:07 PM, said:

heavy small to orange
heavy large to purple

I'll still take that challenge. Because better heat, less weight, better range, more or less all around better.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users