#41 Coolant

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,079 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 12 July 2017 - 02:16 PM

i like Frozen City, just old Frozen City needs to be added to map rotation too (and the other old maps).

#42 Alan Hicks

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 414 posts

Posted 12 July 2017 - 02:41 PM

All maps can be criticized depending on your style of playing, mechs selected or weapons preference. Everyone has their favorites or some that they may dislike. The uncertainty of team movement (or lack of it) may drive any to undesired situations...

Frozen City... most of the times, Domination simply is not enjoyable on this map. But on modes like Skirmish or Assault is good with an aggressive team.

In the case of how to help this map, the change for drop zones suggested above looks interesting, I hope too that PGI may at least consider it.

Edited by Alan Hicks, 12 July 2017 - 03:00 PM.

#43 STEF_

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nocturnal
  • The Nocturnal
  • 5,443 posts
  • Locationmy cockpit

Posted 12 July 2017 - 02:53 PM

View PostAlexander of Macedon, on 12 July 2017 - 10:40 AM, said:

HPG and Mining Collective have long sight-lines and good peeking points for snipers mixed with the close-quarters tangles. If you need an empty barren waste to snipe people in you're not a sniper, you're a tater with delusions. Sitting in one spot spamming ERLLas/PPC/Gauss at people stuck in open ground and thinking you're good is the direct fire equivalent of 900m lurmboats.

View PostBush Hopper, on 12 July 2017 - 11:02 AM, said:

Seriously? You think that those maps are "brawl only"? Then you should reconsider your positioning

View PostGwahlur, on 12 July 2017 - 11:07 AM, said:

I didn't even have to write the reply Posted Image

but, I AM a brawler.
And I'm happy to meet someone that "think" to snipe on those maps

lel

#44 Wildstreak

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 5,154 posts

Posted 12 July 2017 - 04:29 PM

See this post.

Basically part of the problem is playerbase conditioning to go to the same spots depending on mode, mainly either:
- Snipe over center,
- One team pushes D or F/G row to other side while second team stays on their side,
- Both teams trade sides then do one of the two above.

About twice in the past two years have I been on teams that tried something different.

Once, our team was encouraged after getting 1 kill to stay under cover since we could wait out the match and win if they did not cross over. This was almost ruined by a Light who tried to dare the other team and got himself killed but at that moment a couple of enemies had also tried creeping to our side and we wasted them. Match ended with 5 kills for us and 3 for opposing team. I actually enjoyed it.

Other time, someone worked to get the team to hide behind the large ice pillar in D7/D8 area. Unfortunately the enemy team must have planned out and had a lot of fast Mechs even Assaults because they rushed right over and got us before we were fully in position. They flanked both sides of the pillar and we lost but at least it was not the same old one of 3 above choices.

You can make the matches different if you plan before the drop and talk to your team as the timer counts down, just almost no one tries.

Edited by Wildstreak, 14 July 2017 - 04:34 AM.

#45 xengk

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 2,502 posts
  • LocationKuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Posted 14 July 2017 - 02:33 AM

View PostKoniving, on 12 July 2017 - 11:53 AM, said:

I think this is the best solution I read on the thread.
It gives us both the old and new frozen city, and that difference in experience is whether you spawn at A, B, or C.

View Postwaterfowl, on 12 July 2017 - 01:53 PM, said:

this is a great idea... wish PGI would test it out.

Anyone got a twitter account to ping Russ?

#46 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 14 July 2017 - 05:20 AM

View Postxengk, on 14 July 2017 - 02:33 AM, said:

Anyone got a twitter account to ping Russ?

I don't. But I figure you might wanna quote the solution that the two people you quoted were talking about to make sure it's the one that gets tweeted. :)

#47 LowSubmarino

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 1,091 posts

Posted 14 July 2017 - 05:54 AM

Dunno what you talking about. Frozen city is a great map. Sniping - despite the open (eg center) parts - isnt that easy vs okay to good opposition.
Pug teams that wander aimlessly through the middle with no ecm cover and single file get brutalized. But good teams will hardly ever be on open grounds for an extended period. They will stick to the buildings and if they cross canyon theyll be explosive and quick about it.

Its one of the good maps which features enough advantageous and varying terrain to allow for ranged or close quarter combat. And it has good vision unlike forest cräpcolony which sucks and has no vision.

Frozen city is a good map. Fantastic for lights and skirmishers, good for brawlers....okayish for snipers. Mixed builds or even outright brawl builds can be super effective. Is a good map period. If you dont like it you got no taste.

#48 QuantumButler

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,534 posts
  • LocationTaiwan, One True China

Posted 14 July 2017 - 06:16 AM

Bring back old frozen city

#49 Vincent DIFrancesco

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 167 posts
  • LocationHiding behind a rock, waiting for the "rain" to stop.

Posted 14 July 2017 - 06:24 AM

Pare it back down to its original size, getting rid of that whole section past Death Valley. Do that, and you might even see the old tunnel get some use again. The map was made too big with an addition that serves no real purpose.

8 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 8 guests, 0 anonymous users