• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationAboard the NCS True Path

Posted 14 July 2017 - 08:18 PM

I love all of these notes, except for one thing.

You all already have a great Clan Nova Cat logo in the decal. So... what's with the bat?

This is not a Nova Cat....

Posted Image

This, however, is, and you already have the graphic in the decals. o_0

Posted Image

Like... the new logo looks more like a bat than a cat. Why would you all deviate from the art you already have in game, so badly? Like, what is even going on with its eyes?!

Edit:

I am not even joking when I say it disturbs me to look at that new logo.

Edited by Pariah Devalis, 14 July 2017 - 08:29 PM.

#22 Felicitatem Parco

Professor of Memetics

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,522 posts
  • LocationIs Being Obscured By ECM

Posted 14 July 2017 - 08:18 PM

View PostTechChris, on 14 July 2017 - 08:07 PM, said:

Gauss Rifles and PPCs have been linked for GH!!!!????

Oh Lord, I don't think there's enough popcorn in the world for the ****storm show that's gonna get unleashed! But it oughta be a hell a show! Posted Image

I know, this is going to be epic.

At the same time, it is NOT FUNNY TO MAKE FUN OF CRIPPLES. How would you like it if someone kicked the crutch out from under *your* arms?!?! Huh?

For goodness's sake, think of the children.

View PostTwilight Fenrir, on 14 July 2017 - 07:39 PM, said:

I'm curious what the linking of PPC and Guass for ghost heat is gonna mean for the individual weapons in the future... *crosses fingers for removal of gauss charge*

I see great things. I want to someday fire 3 PPCs without GH. but, that's not what makes me happuiest...

THEY ALLOW 3 AC/10'S STILL! YAY!!

ILYA MUROMETS LIVES!

Edited by Prosperity Park, 14 July 2017 - 08:20 PM.

#23 Nightbird

• The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 14 July 2017 - 08:24 PM

So, they couldn't figure out how to do 0 slots light bap, and also really hate clan lights and nerfed clan small lasers even more hahaha. But why 6.5 damage heavy smalls, more than lore damage, and must worse heavy efficiency...

Inner Sphere and Clan Standard Gauss Rifle
• Heat Penalty group is now linked with PPC.

Good thing I refunded...

Edited by NlGHTBlRD, 14 July 2017 - 08:37 PM.

#24 Twilight Fenrir

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 1,441 posts

Posted 14 July 2017 - 08:28 PM

View PostProsperity Park, on 14 July 2017 - 08:18 PM, said:

I know, this is going to be epic.

At the same time, it is NOT FUNNY TO MAKE FUN OF CRIPPLES. How would you like it if someone kicked the crutch out from under *your* arms?!?! Huh?

I see great things. I want to someday fire 3 PPCs without GH. but, that's not what makes me happuiest...

THEY ALLOW 3 AC/10'S STILL! YAY!!

ILYA MUROMETS LIVES!

You're misspelling it... It's Ilya Murdermets :P

#25 Pariah Devalis

• The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationAboard the NCS True Path

Posted 14 July 2017 - 08:28 PM

View PostNlGHTBlRD, on 14 July 2017 - 08:24 PM, said:

So, they couldn't figure out how to do 0 slots light bap, and also really hate clan lights and nerfed clan small lasers even more hahaha. But why 6.5 damage heavy smalls, more than lore damage, and must worse heavy efficiency... Well, let's see it play out

Light AP was never 0 slots. PGI goofed on those original PTS notes. LAP never took 0 slots. It always took 1 for 0.5 tons.

#26 Navid A1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • 4,931 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 14 July 2017 - 08:29 PM

PGI feels like they have a battle to win against the community when it comes to C-SPL.

People say at least TRY a 5 damage C-SPL. and PGI is willing to destroy the world just not to do that!

So PGI.. have at it... play with your 0.1s cooldown tweaks a bit more!

The sooner you realize MWO is not a spread sheet the better

Edited by Navid A1, 14 July 2017 - 08:30 PM.

#27 Knightshadowsong

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Phoenix
  • The Phoenix
  • 290 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 14 July 2017 - 08:29 PM

I must ask because I do not see this addressed in the patch notes. Have you addressed the Light PPC Machine gun, Doing PTS time there were mech's equipping 7 or 8 Light PPC's and firing them in chain fire without any heat penalties or anything to counter it besides the low damage, Firing more then 5 medium lasers, even with chain fire, would cause a heat penalty, however there was no such issue in PTS, hence the abuse issue, I don't want to see this become a problem only to have the issue over blown and all PPC's getting a huge heat penalty when they don't need it. Please. For the love of all things holy, Please Make Sure that this stupid 'meta' dies before it even starts.

#28 -Ramrod-

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 681 posts
  • LocationSome place

Posted 14 July 2017 - 08:33 PM

Gauss and ER PPC link ghost heat? Thank you! Boo hoo you'll have to use OTHER weapons systems. "But I'm using the mech's strongest loadout" Um...when you have the same setup for 15 different mechs you're not relying on the mech you're relying on the weapon system. So as the arrogant super competitive try hards say "git gud". Hate that max range was extended. If anything PPC's needed a range nerf to help discourage this overly relied upon meta.

Edited by -Ramrod-, 14 July 2017 - 08:35 PM.

#29 Kaptain

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,284 posts
  • LocationNorth America

Posted 14 July 2017 - 08:33 PM

Interesting patch for sure. I don't care about Faction Warfare or any game mode that features re-spawns so can't comment on that feature set as I lack the experience.

New weapon values are interesting.

Happy about:
-HPPC doing 15 damage for its long list of trade offs. Surprised its not 15@15 but 15@14.5 is even better.
-Rocket launcher spread buff
-Cooldown buff to HGR. Good to see this POS is getting some love.
-Skill Tree Rac/Ultra Changes
-Laser AMS heat reduction
-MRM velocity buff
-ERPPC velocity buff. lol at those few fringe clan pilots who don't understand weight, size and range play a role in weapon balance also. (No offense to the rest of you clanners, most of you are pretty reasonable.)
-Happy they fixed the range imbalance on ERML and ERSL and gave clan the edge back again. That was just weird before.
-I agree with the nerf to IS-LPLs.
-Stealth Armor nodes
-The UAC jam bug is FINALLY fixed!?!? I didn't think they were ever going to address it much less fix it.

Interesting:
-The utlra10/20 heat are back at PTS1 values.
-Interesting that the Ultra10 and AC10 have ghost heat. I hope that does not mean that the AC5 will get ghost heat.
-Guass coupled to ERPPC? Interesting. Does that mean the charge mechanic is going to be buffed and or deleted?
-LIght Guass rifle values remain unchanged. Honestly if felt pretty good on my SA+ECM cicada.
-More Stange laser changes and now we are starting to use tenth of a point values. Is Paul back in-charge?
-Slight Changes to Heavy laser cooldown?

Bad:
-LBX 2/5/20s are designated to the trash heap. Velocity buffs? Seriously? They need cooldown buffs and or size reductions. Especially the LBX20. I can only hope the sizes are not being adjusted because they are actually working on critical splitting and ammo changing. (Delusional, I know.)
-Snub Nose PPC needs some love. Maybe just a small range increase... Or heat reduction. Something.
-Rac Mechanic unchanged.

Edited by Kaptain, 14 July 2017 - 09:04 PM.

#30 Felicitatem Parco

Professor of Memetics

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,522 posts
  • LocationIs Being Obscured By ECM

Posted 14 July 2017 - 08:36 PM

View PostKnightshadowsong, on 14 July 2017 - 08:29 PM, said:

I must ask because I do not see this addressed in the patch notes. Have you addressed the Light PPC Machine gun, Doing PTS time there were mech's equipping 7 or 8 Light PPC's and firing them in chain fire without any heat penalties or anything to counter it besides the low damage, Firing more then 5 medium lasers, even with chain fire, would cause a heat penalty, however there was no such issue in PTS, hence the abuse issue, I don't want to see this become a problem only to have the issue over blown and all PPC's getting a huge heat penalty when they don't need it. Please. For the love of all things holy, Please Make Sure that this stupid 'meta' dies before it even starts.

Hey, I really want to do the LPPC Machinegun.. .just all legitimately and stuff.

#31 Sereglach

• Fire
  • Fire
  • 1,563 posts
  • LocationWherever things are burning.

Posted 14 July 2017 - 08:36 PM

Honestly, I'm very disappointed that we're seeing PGI go through with the Flamer skill tree nodes that alter values we were told absolutely could not be touched without potentially re-breaking the game, but of course PGI is leaving the values so low that they're useless and they won't even put them in the patch notes. The nodes, if they're anything like PTS, are so terrible they're not worth the investment; and IF PGI changed them to usable values, then they're already skirting into the territory of re-breaking the game like they said could happen. I'd much rather see the weapon properly reengineered to fixed and flat numbers that are easier to balance, manage, and implement into the game.

Russ said fixing Flamers and changing them to fixed flat numbers was a discussion for a later date; and PGI has instead decided to ignore Flamers and even double down on their current terrible implementation. I'm sadly disappointed, yet unsurprised.

Why can't we just fix the weapon system? It's not hard . . . in fact it's been proven to be able to be fixed with almost exclusively XML changes. My wallet will still be shut because of this . . . I have to stick to my principles. I can't have faith in PGI when something so small and simple is constantly ignored for the sheer convenience of not having to deal with the problem.

#32 Kaoba

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Predator
  • The Predator
  • 214 posts
  • LocationMordor

Posted 14 July 2017 - 08:39 PM

View PostNlGHTBlRD, on 14 July 2017 - 08:24 PM, said:

So, they couldn't figure out how to do 0 slots light bap, and also really hate clan lights and nerfed clan small lasers even more hahaha. But why 6.5 damage heavy smalls, more than lore damage, and must worse heavy efficiency...

Inner Sphere and Clan Standard Gauss Rifle
• Heat Penalty group is now linked with PPC.

Good thing I refunded...

Ye no we are not going back to clan any time soon :P

#33 Twilight Fenrir

• The God
  • The God
  • 1,441 posts

Posted 14 July 2017 - 08:42 PM

View PostKaptain, on 14 July 2017 - 08:33 PM, said:

Interesting patch for sure. I don't care about Faction Warfare or any game mode that features re-spawns so can't comment on that feature set as I lack the experience.

New weapon values are interesting.

Happy about:
-HPPC doing 15 damage for its long list of trade offs. Surprised its not 15@15 but 15@14.5 is even better.
-Rocket launcher spread buff
-Cooldown buff to HGR. Good to see this POS is getting some love.
-Skill Tree Rac/Ultra Changes
-Laser AMS heat reduction
-MRM velocity buff
-ERPPC velocity buff. lol at those few fringe clan pilots who don't understand weight, size and range play a role in weapon balance also. (No offense to the rest of you clanners, most of you are pretty reasonable.)
-Happy they fixed the range imbalance on ERML and ERSL and gave clan the edge back again. That was just weird before.
-I agree with the nerf to IS-LPLs.

Interesting:
-The utlra10/20 heat are back at PTS1 values.
-Interesting that the Ultra10 and AC10 have ghost heat. I hope that does not mean that the AC5 will get ghost heat.
-Guass coupled to ERPPC? Interesting. Does that mean the charge mechanic is going to be buffed and or deleted?
-LIght Guass rifle values remain unchanged. Honestly if felt pretty good on my SA+ECM cicada.
-More Stange laser changes and now we are starting to use tenth of a point values. Is Paul back in-charge?
-Slight Changes to Heavy laser cooldown?

Bad:
-LBX 2/5/20s are designated to the trash heap. Velocity buffs? Seriously? They need cooldown buffs and or size reductions. Especially the LBX20. I can only hope the sizes are not being adjusted because they are actually working on critical splitting and ammo changing. (Delusional, I know.)
-Snub Nose PPC needs some love. Maybe just a small range increase... Or heat reduction. Something.
-Rac Mechanic sounds unchanged.

I agree with pretty much everything you said here Posted Image

I only have one mech that mixes Gauss and PPC, and that's my Sleipnir.... I... couldn't think of anything else to do with it :x Probably the only hero mech purchase I regret. But, now I can run dual Heavy Gauss with it, so that will be fun Posted Image (Though, my Annihilator will do it better of course) Or, dual AC/20 with a LFE Posted Image

I really hope this leads to the going away of the gauss charge... It's kind of a clever solution, really... But, I'm curious where the thresholds lie... like, if you have 2 gauss rifles and one light PPC, does that equal shutdown levels of ghost heat like firing 3 ERPPCs? Or does it just add the amount of overflow you'd get from firing 3 PPCs, which would be relatively trivial as the gauss don't add to the heat pool (I was gonna go with 3 gauss and one PPC before remembering can only fire two gauss at a time)

Wait, it specifies "Standard gauss Rifle" So can we couple HGauss and Snub Nose with no penalty?

Getting patch notes early is super awesome... but, it's gonna be hell waiting 'till Monday to get answers to all the cans of worms this one opens XD

Edited by Twilight Fenrir, 14 July 2017 - 08:47 PM.

#34 Duvanor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 477 posts

Posted 14 July 2017 - 08:46 PM

Those ATM changes look interesting. Speed buffed, spread toned down, ammo increased, damage reduced to two.

IS ER PPCs getting more velocity than clans? Well, ER PPCs are quite accurate as they are now, so... nobody should care too much about a buff that is not really needed.

But 3057 is strange. So we call it "Civil War Era", we get 3067 tech and Mechs and then it is 3057?

Edited by Duvanor, 14 July 2017 - 08:47 PM.

#35 Tarogato

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 6,557 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 14 July 2017 - 08:59 PM

But are the heavy and micro lasers different colours yet? C'mon, they need unique colours. Both for cool factor (because different colours yo!) and for gameplay factors (so you can tell at a glance what kind of laser is hitting you)

#36 Mister Blastman

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 8,444 posts
  • LocationIn my Mech (Atlanta, GA)

Posted 14 July 2017 - 09:02 PM

YES!

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted Image

The balance underlord has listened!

Gauss + PPCs are now linked!

AND HEAVY PPCs ARE 15 PTS!

MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Thank you. Posted Image

Edited by Mister Blastman, 14 July 2017 - 09:03 PM.

#37 BrunoSSace

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 1,032 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 14 July 2017 - 09:02 PM

DAME

Edited by BrunoSSace, 14 July 2017 - 09:03 PM.

#38 Kaptain

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,284 posts
  • LocationNorth America

Posted 14 July 2017 - 09:10 PM

View PostProsperity Park, on 14 July 2017 - 08:16 PM, said:

Clan ERPPC weighs 6 tons, takes 2 slots. Deals 5 damage to adjacent compartments.

IS ERPPC weighs 7 tons, takes 3 slots. Deals 0 damage to adjacent compartments.

That's why.

Another reasonable human!?!? Hello! Nice to meet you! Thank you for existing! I was getting tired of pointing out this very thing over and over again.

Edited by Kaptain, 14 July 2017 - 09:11 PM.

#39 NocturnalBeast

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts
  • LocationDusting off my Mechs.

Posted 14 July 2017 - 09:17 PM

The lore write-up is mostly good, but I assume that this is in a new PGI reality, because in MWO, the Clans were never defeated in the Battle of Tukayyid (partly because ComStar was not there to trick them into bidding low and mercs are allowed to fight for Clan Factions in MWO).

Also, how is this the "Civil War" period since the FedCom was never a part of MWO and there is no mention of Steiner vs Davion? I assume that PGI's "Civil War" refers to the infighting in the Clan Homeworlds?

View PostMister Blastman, on 14 July 2017 - 09:02 PM, said:

AND HEAVY PPCs ARE 15 PTS!

Damn, I was going to put a pair on my Warhammer, but now they are probably not going to be worth the tonnage / slots / heat generation. It is interesting to see an IS weapon that PGI thought was OP enough to nerf though.

Edited by Ed Steele, 14 July 2017 - 09:15 PM.

#40 Kaptain

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,284 posts
  • LocationNorth America

Posted 14 July 2017 - 09:19 PM

View PostProsperity Park, on 14 July 2017 - 08:18 PM, said:

it is NOT FUNNY TO MAKE FUN OF CRIPPLES. How would you like it if someone kicked the crutch out from under *your* arms?!?! Huh?

Pure Gold. +1

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users