136 replies to this topic

#21 Clownwarlord

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,410 posts
  • LocationBusy stealing clan mechs.

Posted 15 July 2017 - 07:30 AM

The new geometry of the Uziel looks like it needs to use the bathroom.

#22 TorinZ

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 121 posts

Posted 15 July 2017 - 07:44 AM

Yeah, changing the leg stance would be what I would like to. With the legs crossing in like that make it seem, less aggressive than the original art, or the MW4 version shown above. Changing that and maybe lowering the stance some, but would have to see how they could work out the animations.

Also, would have preferred a scale comparison shot with say, an Enforcer and/or Huntsman. Just seems those would have been better choices over a crab which is known to be low and better profile for facing foes. I just don't feel like the crab or nova provide a real look at how the torsos will be.

#23 Jay Leon Hart

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 4,669 posts

Posted 15 July 2017 - 07:50 AM

View PostTorinZ, on 15 July 2017 - 07:44 AM, said:

Yeah, changing the leg stance would be what I would like to. With the legs crossing in like that make it seem, less aggressive than the original art, or the MW4 version shown above. Changing that and maybe lowering the stance some, but would have to see how they could work out the animations.

Also, would have preferred a scale comparison shot with say, an Enforcer and/or Huntsman. Just seems those would have been better choices over a crab which is known to be low and better profile for facing foes. I just don't feel like the crab or nova provide a real look at how the torsos will be.

Definitely the Huntsman, due to it sharing the same low cockpit problem.

#24 JadePanther

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 967 posts

Posted 15 July 2017 - 08:08 AM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 15 July 2017 - 04:47 AM, said:

if PGI had the animators from HBS they might be able to do that. But while the modeling is usually good or better here (with some notable fails, this being one) walking animation seems to be a consistent point of criticism.

If you live by the quirks, you die by the quirks on the next balance pass.

Hardpoints, Approximate Hitboxes and the visual design are really the only relative constants, and thus, the only sensible things to base a purchase on.

Otherwise you end up in the bittervet masses crying because their favorite meta uberquirk got nerfed.

yes quirks get nerfed and removed.. But only rarely do they get added, so when they dont have them, or any for that matter, it can make them less attractive... buying on quirks is not the greatest idea cause nerfs make bittervets.. But getting a mech that lacks quirks and then gets torn apart easily without having much fight in it lends to disappointment and buyers remorse that can kill future sales.

I've been a bit disappointed with the phx hawk even though i did really well in its launch event. Its still too big IMO and had poor quirks at launch (which they ended up beefing armor later). But i bought it cause it was the clone of the venerable veritech fighter which is one of the most recognizable units from macross which the unseen were stolen from.. So it had its level of cool factor to me..

Had there been full models and quirks upon announcement it might have been a different story. But at least it would have been a fully informed decision and easier to live with.. getting nerfed can always happen kinda got used to that long ago when certain DEVS would come into a games forums bearing patch notes and shouting to the high heavens ABSOR SMASH!!!

#25 Grus

• Little Devil
  • Little Devil
  • 4,155 posts

Posted 15 July 2017 - 08:12 AM

The new model looks like the big walker from the Protoss

#26 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 15 July 2017 - 08:15 AM

View PostJadePanther, on 15 July 2017 - 08:08 AM, said:

I've been a bit disappointed with the phx hawk even though i did really well in its launch event. Its still too big IMO and had poor quirks at launch (which they ended up beefing armor later). But i bought it cause it was the clone of the venerable veritech fighter which is one of the most recognizable units from macross which the unseen were stolen from.. So it had its level of cool factor to me..

You do know that the Unseen were actually legally licensed and not stolen, don't you? That is a myth that really needs to die. In fact in recent years it has become HG that the actual creators and license holders in Japan have taken issue with... If HG wasn't essentially a litigation company that dabbled in real estate and anime and had such deep pockets, none of of this unseen nonsense would ever have happened.

Regardless, FASA had, in good faith licensed the use of the Unseen thru 20th Century Imports ..... BEFORE HG ever licensed them for Robotech.

The difference is one company is a bunch of lawyers who live off meticulous documentation and deep pockets, the other was your typical gaming company run out of a shoebox, and Jordan was in way over his head, trying to fight HG.

#27 Finalstrike

• Pip
  • The Corsair
  • The Corsair
  • 13 posts
  • LocationKansas

Posted 15 July 2017 - 08:23 AM

PGI's original preview video post:

http://www.mwomercs....chive-available

Again, what kills me most is that they already had something awesome. The low poly model looks friggin' great, right? I just think somebody "fixed" something that wasn't broken. The original stance looked good, the arms/torso ratio looked nice and menacing. Meanwhile, the current model has those lil' baby t-rex arms, lmao

#28 JadePanther

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 967 posts

Posted 15 July 2017 - 08:29 AM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 15 July 2017 - 08:15 AM, said:

You do know that the Unseen were actually legally licensed and not stolen, don't you? That is a myth that really needs to die. In fact in recent years it has become HG that the actual creators and license holders in Japan have taken issue with... If HG wasn't essentially a litigation company that dabbled in real estate and anime and had such deep pockets, none of of this unseen nonsense would ever have happened.

Regardless, FASA had, in good faith licensed the use of the Unseen thru 20th Century Imports ..... BEFORE HG ever licensed them for Robotech.

The difference is one company is a bunch of lawyers who live off meticulous documentation and deep pockets, the other was your typical gaming company run out of a shoebox, and Jordan was in way over his head, trying to fight HG.

well interesting so the fact that the macross universe predates battletech by 2 years must be fake news created by right wing houses to shame the true clan heritage..

#29 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 15 July 2017 - 08:39 AM

View PostJadePanther, on 15 July 2017 - 08:29 AM, said:

well interesting so the fact that the macross universe predates battletech by 2 years must be fake news created by right wing houses to shame the true clan heritage..

You really aren't listening are you? Macross existed before. FASA legally licensed the designs from them. Thus they were not stolen.

Get your butt unpuckered. The only fake news going on is this oddly biased nonsense you are suddenly spouting dude.

But go on acting the *** and the fool.

Edited by Bishop Steiner, 15 July 2017 - 08:40 AM.

#30 JadePanther

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 967 posts

Posted 15 July 2017 - 08:54 AM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 15 July 2017 - 08:39 AM, said:

You really aren't listening are you? Macross existed before. FASA legally licensed the designs from them. Thus they were not stolen.

Get your butt unpuckered. The only fake news going on is this oddly biased nonsense you are suddenly spouting dude.

But go on acting the *** and the fool.

hey whichever way you feel comfotrtable spinning it in your head they still came from macross.. taken stolen borrowed pilfered liberated licensed acquired copied or any way u wanna say it THEY CAME FROM MACROSS perhaps legally stolen but still taken from nonetheless.. There was legal shenanigans over it but who cares.. Youre the one who got thier butt puckered over it.. maybe it has something to do with MACROSS.. MACROSS MACROSS MACROSS MACROSS

#31 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 15 July 2017 - 08:56 AM

View PostJadePanther, on 15 July 2017 - 08:54 AM, said:

hey whichever way you feel comfotrtable spinning it in your head they still came from macross.. taken stolen borrowed pilfered liberated licensed acquired copied or any way u wanna say it THEY CAME FROM MACROSS perhaps legally stolen but still taken from nonetheless.. There was legal shenanigans over it but who cares.. Youre the one who got thier butt puckered over it.. maybe it has something to do with MACROSS.. MACROSS MACROSS MACROSS MACROSS

Ah...look whos buttburt?

Yes. They originated with Macross. And then they were legally licensed for use. Nobody ever denied that. But making the statement they were stolen was flat *** wrong, so stop being a baby for being called out on it.

Seriously, grow the **** up.

#32 Jay Leon Hart

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 4,669 posts

Posted 15 July 2017 - 08:57 AM

View PostJadePanther, on 15 July 2017 - 08:54 AM, said:

...perhaps legally stolen...

I can't even...

#33 JadePanther

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 967 posts

Posted 15 July 2017 - 08:59 AM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 15 July 2017 - 08:56 AM, said:

Ah...look whos buttburt?

Yes. They originated with Macross. And then they were legally licensed for use. Nobody ever denied that. But making the statement they were stolen was flat *** wrong, so stop being a baby for being called out on it.

Seriously, grow the **** up.

would you cry if i told u i'm not crying over here?

#34 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 15 July 2017 - 09:00 AM

View PostJadePanther, on 15 July 2017 - 08:59 AM, said:

would you cry if i told u i'm not crying over here?

sure sounds like you are with your little "macross macross macross" foot stomping tantrum. But whatever helps you feel better about yourself.

#35 Tordin

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,937 posts
  • LocationNordic Union

Posted 15 July 2017 - 09:04 AM

View PostFinalstrike, on 14 July 2017 - 10:29 PM, said:

thx to jjm1 for finding this gem:

Posted Image

man, this is the kind of mech I remember in my heart. Aggressive-looking little raptor, stalking prey as it patrols through the jungle. That kind of look. thats what i thought they were going for. But.. what we got delivered just doesn't look anything like that.

Thats how it should look like, looks like theres some weight behind the movement and its legs and arms dosent look skinny or out of proportions.

#36 Jay Leon Hart

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 4,669 posts

Posted 15 July 2017 - 09:06 AM

View PostTordin, on 15 July 2017 - 09:04 AM, said:

Thats how it should look like, looks like theres some weight behind the movement and its legs and arms dosent look skinny or out of proportions.

It also looks more mean and less... cutesy.

#37 JadePanther

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 967 posts

Posted 15 July 2017 - 09:13 AM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 15 July 2017 - 09:00 AM, said:

sure sounds like you are with your little "macross macross macross" foot stomping tantrum. But whatever helps you feel better about yourself.

I feel good. i didnt come stomping in here to argue legal semantics, u did..

#38 Andi Nagasia

Volunteer Moderator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 15 July 2017 - 09:14 AM

Hopefully his helps with some Theory crafting,

View PostAndi Nagasia, on 14 July 2017 - 05:34 PM, said:

well assuming similar hitboxes(assuming good hitboxes)

a Uziel(UZL) with a 300XL and Just Endo it will have the Similar Speed and Tonnage(-1Ton) as the SCR,
a Uziel(UZL) with a 275LFE and Just Endo it will have the Similar Speed(-8Kph) and Tonnage(-2.5Tons) as the SCR,
slightly less that the SCR on both accounts but we are comparing a 50Tonner vs a 55Tonner, Posted Image

Edit-
if PGI added (Small Cockpits & LX Gyros) to MWO
that Tonnage would be Equalized to Exactly SCR Levels,
(Small Cockpit = +1Ton +1Crit(in Head)(XL Gyro = +0.5 to +2.0Tons -2Crits(in CT)

#39 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 15 July 2017 - 09:16 AM

View PostJadePanther, on 15 July 2017 - 09:13 AM, said:

I feel good. i didnt come stomping in here to argue legal semantics, u did..

MOM HE STARTED IT!!

I didn't pull out any legal arguments. I attempted to simply correct your apparent desire to spread lies. But hey, MACROSS MACROSS MACROSS!!!!

View PostAndi Nagasia, on 15 July 2017 - 09:14 AM, said:

Hopefully his helps with some Theory crafting,

Unfortunately that loadout does nothing to... make it look less like ***... or...well.. a mix between Humpty Dumpty, Kermit the Frog and an Ostrich.

#40 Spheroid

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,064 posts
  • LocationSouthern Wisconsin

Posted 15 July 2017 - 09:19 AM

Bishop is correct here. Robotech is the American application of the Macross material. As such certain things did predate it in this market which is considered separate legal jurisdiction.

It wasn't just Battletech, Transformers had issues with the Jetfire toy, which was available here but not Japan.

10 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 10 guests, 0 anonymous users