ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 17 July 2017 - 03:44 PM

View PostRakshasa, on 17 July 2017 - 03:40 PM, said:

Saw the Uziel in action in the NGNGtv Twitch stream tonight, and it looked awesome. Great model, great cockpit, slightly eerie walk/run animation - honestly the leg angle didn't even come into it. Also, giant crotch vent. After watching the stream I no longer have any reservations, I have lost all worry and am stoked for the Uziel. Cannot wait for it to drop tomorrow - same for the Annihilator Posted Image

Eh, it looks better in motion.... but can't say it allayed my concerns...just meant it blurred the details, lol.

But yeah, at least having decent animation helped, compared to say... the mkII.

#102 Rakshasa

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 560 posts
  • LocationThe Underhive, Pomme De Terre

Posted 17 July 2017 - 03:47 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 17 July 2017 - 03:44 PM, said:

Eh, it looks better in motion.... but can't say it allayed my concerns...just meant it blurred the details, lol.

But yeah, at least having decent animation helped, compared to say... the mkII.

Yeah, the Mk II movement animations were...not flattering. Loved that Hero Shark camo though Posted Image

#103 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 03:53 PM

View PostRakshasa, on 17 July 2017 - 03:47 PM, said:

Yeah, the Mk II movement animations were...not flattering. Loved that Hero Shark camo though Posted Image

yeah...too bad the thing looks so derpy sans missile pods

#104 Rakshasa

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 560 posts
  • LocationThe Underhive, Pomme De Terre

Posted 17 July 2017 - 04:03 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 17 July 2017 - 03:53 PM, said:

yeah...too bad the thing looks so derpy sans missile pods

It looks derpy with them too, or certain ones. Small missile counts give it comically-undersized 'ears', though it was great to see the torso launchers follow the geometry. With big, beefy launchers it actually looks pretty well-proportioned - which, sadly, the Hero can't take Posted Image Ah well, it's still going to be capable of wrecking faces. Just hope PGI give its animations and hardpoints a bit of a polish at some point.

#105 Kaptain

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,284 posts
  • LocationNorth America

Posted 17 July 2017 - 04:14 PM

I got a refund. Nothing like the mw4 mech I remember and love.

#106 Jay Leon Hart

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 4,669 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 04:42 PM

Oh my goodness, that walking animation is... odd. It looks great head on, but side view on a gradient? Wow, laughable Posted Image

Oh well, I'll never have to see myself walking, so I can live with a goofy hill walk Posted Image

#107 Glaive-

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 951 posts
  • LocationIn a cave

Posted 17 July 2017 - 04:52 PM

The Uzi's animation is pretty decent but it could use a bit of work. They really need to just move the feet forward for the thing's stance in general, and it needs to step forward more for the run. Really looks like the mech is going to fall flat on its face.
I do like how the animation looks from straight on, though. It's got more going on than just the boring up-down bounce that many mechs end up getting in this game.

Edited by armyunit, 17 July 2017 - 04:55 PM.

#108 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 04:59 PM

View PostRakshasa, on 17 July 2017 - 04:03 PM, said:

It looks derpy with them too, or certain ones. Small missile counts give it comically-undersized 'ears', though it was great to see the torso launchers follow the geometry. With big, beefy launchers it actually looks pretty well-proportioned - which, sadly, the Hero can't take Posted Image Ah well, it's still going to be capable of wrecking faces. Just hope PGI give its animations and hardpoints a bit of a polish at some point.

Posted Image
eh small ears was actually a hallmark of the design until the ludicrously WTF version in the TRO 3067.
Posted Image
seriously ya know how bad those hitboxes would be?

And the fact hat there are people with bad enough vision/taste to think that looks good?

SMH... I weep for the world.

View Postarmyunit, on 17 July 2017 - 04:52 PM, said:

The Uzi's animation is pretty decent but it could use a bit of work. They really need to just move the feet forward for the thing's stance in general, and it needs to step forward more for the run. Really looks like the mech is going to fall flat on its face.
I do like how the animation looks from straight on, though. It's got more going on than just the boring up-down bounce that many mechs end up getting in this game.

I'll give it that. The odd center of gravity and tiny T Rex arms are still pretty terribad though.. but I can just hear some wanna be tryhard saying "smaller arms means less hitbox to be shot!"

*facepalm*

View PostKaptain, on 17 July 2017 - 04:14 PM, said:

I got a refund. Nothing like the mw4 mech I remember and love.

I actually feel kind of bad for Imperius and CK16 and the others who really really wanted this thing.... I mean on the one hand they did get it.... but it would be like me getting the K9 in Euro Police colors and patterns with the wimpy little "wah wah" sirens they have over there.......

It would almost feel more like it was done to spite me, then make me happy, ya know?

*sigh*

#109 Jingseng

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 962 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 05:25 PM

marik uziel looks like it needs to pee urgently

#110 Ryllen Kriel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 754 posts
  • LocationBetween the last bottle and the next.

Posted 17 July 2017 - 06:12 PM

Haha, great thread. It is good to laugh in moments of great sadness. I too pre-ordered the Uziel. It has long been one of my favourite mechs. Mediums are something I always get excited about and the concept art was looking so nice. It's a shame the final product has such strange proportions. It kind of looks like a lower budget version of the Uziel made in a knock-off factory on a backwater House Liao world, the same factory that cobbles together Vindicators maybe.

Well...I'm still excited I guess. If anything I can always just stare at my Bushwhackers while I am in Mech Lab for a few minutes so that the Uziel looks cool by comparison.

#111 Clanner Scum

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 338 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 17 July 2017 - 06:22 PM

As someone who played Mechwarrior 4 for years, I can honestly say that this Uziel is a million times better looking.

Nostalgia is too stronk in some people.

The mech is fine get over it.

#112 MT Slayer

Banned-Cheating

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 46 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 06:41 PM

View PostTordin, on 15 July 2017 - 09:24 AM, said:

Yeah, more mean. Just look how agressive this Uziel pilot seems to be piloting it when zapping Eric Dresari and his Vulture back in MW4 vengeance, brutal and seems that Uziel did most of the work too.

https://youtu.be/vZWxgLQZano?t=202

and that is how PPC's should look !

#113 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 06:57 PM

View PostClanner Scum, on 17 July 2017 - 06:22 PM, said:

As someone who played Mechwarrior 4 for years, I can honestly say that this Uziel is a million times better looking.

Nostalgia is too stronk in some people.

The mech is fine get over it.

Nothing to do with nostalgia.

I've clearly articulated why I don't like the new version. The fact the previous iteration was better doesn't make it "nostalgia".

The original had an unusual designs but was aggressive.

The new version loses ALL of that. It manages to look OK in motion, but anything looks better moving. When it's stationary is when the flaws are visible.

The new version?

- The Legs are way too lanky and fragile, with that odd teenage girl needing to pee knock knee stance.
- Torso is so exaggerated it looks about as menacing as an egg.
- Torso is set so far forward on those odd legs that the center of gravity is non existent
- Hard square angles to the cockpit shields are totally out of sorts with the rounded feel of the rest.
- The arms are absolutely tiny little chicken wings. Made worse by the usual suspect of dynamic weapons ruining far more than they help.

Sorry chief... nostalgia is a feeling. I just listed 5 simple aesthetic reasons the old version was better. Disagree? That's your prerogative. Dismissing other's opinion? Not so much.

#114 xVLFBERHxT

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wrath
  • The Wrath
  • 698 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 09:28 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 17 July 2017 - 06:57 PM, said:

Nothing to do with nostalgia.

I've clearly articulated why I don't like the new version. The fact the previous iteration was better doesn't make it "nostalgia".

The original had an unusual designs but was aggressive.

The new version loses ALL of that. It manages to look OK in motion, but anything looks better moving. When it's stationary is when the flaws are visible.

The new version?

- The Legs are way too lanky and fragile, with that odd teenage girl needing to pee knock knee stance.
- Torso is so exaggerated it looks about as menacing as an egg.
- Torso is set so far forward on those odd legs that the center of gravity is non existent
- Hard square angles to the cockpit shields are totally out of sorts with the rounded feel of the rest.
- The arms are absolutely tiny little chicken wings. Made worse by the usual suspect of dynamic weapons ruining far more than they help.

Sorry chief... nostalgia is a feeling. I just listed 5 simple aesthetic reasons the old version was better. Disagree? That's your prerogative. Dismissing other's opinion? Not so much.

nice review of the mech

#115 Anjian

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 3,735 posts

Posted 18 July 2017 - 12:37 AM

Its a good thing that I wait now and read the reviews before making a purchase. No more pre ordering for me. What they did to the Uzi was a massive disappointment.

This is how I expect an Uzi to stand and look, quick, low on the ground, agile with this chicken-raptor like pace.

Edited by Anjian, 18 July 2017 - 12:44 AM.

#116 MW Waldorf Statler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,459 posts
  • LocationGermany/Berlin

Posted 18 July 2017 - 12:17 PM

never buy a mechpack before you seeing ,what PGI doing in :D ...all What other companys can make is for PGI Lostech ...my only hope for MWO ...in 2 Years is PGI buying from HBS or faster , When PGI not finding Founders for the Solaris Mode :D

all thats old Guys with experience from PGI leave ? like the first Art Dev Women, thats make the most of all assets and the good old antique MW5 Trailer (ended in MWO)Thats good old days ..Citymaps to Difficult ....Animations for PGI to difficult? ...Tranfering of the great Concept Art from Alex to 3 D models ...to difficult ?

#117 Dahief 720

• Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 18 August 2017 - 12:52 AM

I fail to understand the logic behind the few quirks these mechs have. 10% ballistic cooldown for 1 ballistic slot and 15% for one missile? The lack of armour and size is what's really killing it for me though.

#118 Nema Nabojiv

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,783 posts
  • LocationUA

Posted 18 August 2017 - 01:10 AM

View PostOld MW4 Ranger, on 18 July 2017 - 12:17 PM, said:

...Tranfering of the great Concept Art from Alex to 3 D models ...to difficult ?

to be fair, some models are great. But sometimes they put models like uziel or thor or black knight into the game and I wonder if those were outsourced to some unprofessional freelancers.

#119 Asym

• Nova Captain
  • 2,186 posts

Posted 18 August 2017 - 04:06 AM

My favorite MECH pre-MWO...

I am SO GLAD I did not order it !!! Nor, my number two go to mech, the Thantos (Spelling?)

Everytime I see an Uziel out in QP, I just sigh and thank the MW Gods for the foresight not to pre-order anything from PGI.

Many of us will not spend a single real $ with PGI, even though the Uziel and Thantos were my favorite go-to mechs.

Want to bet the Thantos is going to be screwed up? Many are worried that it will somhow will look like a 75 ton Urban mech with all of the "invincability quirks"...... Then, PGI will NERF it. (Sigh. so little hope anymore.....)

#120 MrXanthios

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 186 posts

Posted 11 April 2018 - 03:38 AM

View PostFinalstrike, on 14 July 2017 - 10:29 PM, said:

thx to jjm1 for finding this gem:

Posted Image

man, this is the kind of mech I remember in my heart. Aggressive-looking little raptor, stalking prey as it patrols through the jungle. That kind of look. thats what i thought they were going for. But.. what we got delivered just doesn't look anything like that.

I love the Uziel, I believe it is my favourite chassis of the game. But this one in the animation... it's perfection! This is Michelangelo designing mechs. I am praying to whatever god might be out there, if there's any and hope PGI will take in consideration this animation for their Uziel model in MW5.

35 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 35 guests, 0 anonymous users