Clan Players Are Doodooheads! ... And Other Nonsense.

55 replies to this topic

#1 Ced Riggs

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 825 posts
  • Locationunclear, mech stuck in bay.

Posted 15 July 2017 - 01:31 AM

I, too, am part of Team B and despise all members of Team A, because they are in a different team. All members of Team A are low lifes and probably don't pay taxes, whereas all members of Team B are, clearly, refined personalities of the highest skill and character. I know this because I, too, am a Team B member. By picking one of the arbitrary teams, I have instantly deducted these qualities (or lack thereof, pfsh!) of either team, and I can assure you, Team B is better than Team A all the way.

[Redacted]

What I am saying, is, none of this matters. Stop disliking each other, discrediting each other or automatically disregarding each other's opinion just because the chicken in the forum avatar is green or purple. Consider that most players play IS and clan mechs alike. Consider that people playing one side of the pie aren't actually Spheroids or Tube Toddlers. Especially when talking about balance, consider that people might not always aim to further some nefarious agenda decided upon in dark chambers only accessible to those pleding loyalty to a fictional flag.

Let's be a bit more excellent to one another, and less tribal.

Edited by draiocht, 16 July 2017 - 12:10 PM.
image contains inappropriate language

#2 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 15 July 2017 - 01:35 AM

Uh....

I'd like to think people are judged by the content of their argument and not the silly logo that is attached to the name or the unit they are affiliated with.

The reality is that people will always pick and choose who they want to respond to and how they respond to them due to many factors that may or may not be relevant to the discussion.

These are the Internets after all.

#3 RestosIII

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,322 posts
  • LocationDelios

Posted 15 July 2017 - 01:42 AM

I wholeheartedly agree on the sentiment of us all coming together, no matter what faction you root for.

That way CDS has more customers.

#4 Mad Jack McMad

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 30 posts

Posted 15 July 2017 - 01:42 AM

Reminds me of this old Perry Bible Fellowship cartoon ...

Posted Image

#5 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 15 July 2017 - 01:50 AM

Since most players play IS and Clan mechs alike, I want the base tech to be equal in competence. Many Clanners take offense to that.

#6 Carl Vickers

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 2,649 posts
  • LocationPerth

Posted 15 July 2017 - 01:53 AM

The interesting part is IS loyalists vs clan loyalists with the mercs stuck in the middle saying both sides are wrong lol

#7 Abisha

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 15 July 2017 - 02:04 AM

looks a lot like MWO playerbase

#8 Shifty McSwift

• 2,889 posts

Posted 15 July 2017 - 02:13 AM

Yeah apparently it needs to be said, but we are all mostly here for similar reasons, wanting similar things. People do seem to get bent way out of shape, I guess because the "competitive" environment can be so punishing/unforgiving, and some people can't stand to "lose" in such win/lose scenarios. Or maybe it is because we are all over privileged nerds? IDK lol.

#9 Luminis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Predator
  • The Predator
  • 1,434 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 15 July 2017 - 02:20 AM

View PostDeathlike, on 15 July 2017 - 01:35 AM, said:

I'd like to think people are judged by the content of their argument and not the silly logo that is attached to the name or the unit they are affiliated with.

Yeah, we'd all like that, I bet.

The reality is, however, that people are taking the whole IS vs. Clan mentality way too seriously. You see this whenever two diehard loyalists clash - the kind of player that'd never pilot a 'Mech of the other faction and argue about how underpowered their faction of choice is until they're blue in the face.

You know who I'm reffering to, I bet Posted Image

Edited by Luminis, 15 July 2017 - 02:21 AM.

#10 Ced Riggs

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 825 posts
  • Locationunclear, mech stuck in bay.

Posted 15 July 2017 - 02:23 AM

View PostEl Bandito, on 15 July 2017 - 01:50 AM, said:

Since most players play IS and Clan mechs alike, I want the base tech to be equal in competence. Many Clanners take offense to that.

Replace "many" with "some", splice in that the shoe fits on both foots, and that there's enough IS players that'd want to see clan techbase made unfeasible because they are still bitter about clans existing in the first place, and we'll have a complete picture.

That is the entire issue, really.

People deriding other people based on some forum avatar, and/or assuming if you are X, you can't look at things fairly. It's a catch 22, because there are heaps of people on either side of the fence that are more than willing to turn a blind eye to an issue of power creep as long as it's for "their side", and will go great lengths to point out even mild advantages of the other side's options. And that is bad for our discussion climate, and also makes our feedback as a whole so pointless for PGI to read.

You know who I am talking about. People that ask for Clans nerfed into the ground because they walked into an optimised Ebon Jaguar with an IS bracket build that overheated. People that got blasted by a 6 SRM6 Cyclops because they wanted to brawl with an Assault with their 4 ERLL EBJ. Dire Whale pilots that call out Locusts as OP and demand nerfs because they got backstabbed. IS pilots that still call Timmies OP, despite never having touched one. Clan pilots complaining about IS LRM assaults. IS ERLL outranging cERLL on over a third of IS mechs, yet claiming Clans always win the range game. None of that feedback is founded in reality, and heavily tainted by tribalism.

I do wish for a more differentiated debate, and more olive branches. "Yes, X is strong, but you have Y. I agree that X needs to be looked at, though, when comparing it to Y, maybe both need a pass." But I am hopeless romantic.

Edited by Ced Riggs, 15 July 2017 - 02:24 AM.

#11 Palfatreos

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 398 posts

Posted 15 July 2017 - 02:56 AM

View PostCarl Vickers, on 15 July 2017 - 01:53 AM, said:

The interesting part is IS loyalists vs clan loyalists with the mercs stuck in the middle saying both sides are wrong lol

Your opinion is worth nothing dirty merc, you will change your opnion for a better pay!!! Posted Image

#12 Carl Vickers

• The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 2,649 posts
  • LocationPerth

Posted 15 July 2017 - 03:24 AM

View PostPalfatreos, on 15 July 2017 - 02:56 AM, said:

Your opinion is worth nothing dirty merc, you will change your opnion for a better pay!!! Posted Image

Touche

#13 Novakaine

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,703 posts
  • LocationThe Republic of Texas

Posted 15 July 2017 - 03:37 AM

View PostAbisha, on 15 July 2017 - 02:04 AM, said:

looks a lot like MWO playerbase

Well the Drazi one the left was definitely the brother droziPosted Image
Oh and Clanners smell funny.

Edited by Novakaine, 15 July 2017 - 03:57 AM.

#14 Skanderborg

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • 411 posts

Posted 15 July 2017 - 05:20 AM

I'm afraid to hop into an IS mech because I'm concerned about getting an infection.

#15 Baulven

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 984 posts

Posted 15 July 2017 - 06:04 AM

I judge you for your jade chicken bit.

Juddddgggee.

#16 Oldbob10025

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 831 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationOldfolks home

Posted 15 July 2017 - 06:16 AM

Even though I make fun of the clans its all in jest and out of humor. I know there is another person that plays the game behind that computer screen and I welcome him playing against me or on my side of the match. Its all in jest and I think people take the back and forth way too serious when talking on the forums.

Were all gamers that play a game that we and I hope most love for everything about it. Big Stompy Robots and Battletech Lore. I play IS and Clan mechs (mostly Inner Sphere) and enjoy the challenge that it brings having the clans with better tech, etc but always remember there is another person that your fighting that enjoys the game if not more than you..

#17 Khobai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 23,969 posts

Posted 15 July 2017 - 06:18 AM

I dont think any clanners take offense to IS tech being equal.

What clanners take offense to is when IS expects their @!#$ to be outright better

You see a lot of bitter IS players that just want to vindictively balance the game so that clans suffer for the next 2 years because IS had to suffer for the last 2 years

#18 Monkey Lover

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 15 July 2017 - 06:35 AM

Death to clanner! You lost Tukayyid and now you want to be friends? ; )

Edited by Monkey Lover, 15 July 2017 - 06:38 AM.

#19 bbihah

• PipPipPip
  • The Hitman
  • The Hitman
  • 81 posts

Posted 15 July 2017 - 07:00 AM

View PostKhobai, on 15 July 2017 - 06:18 AM, said:

I dont think any clanners take offense to IS tech being equal.

What clanners take offense to is when IS expects their @!#$ to be outright better

You see a lot of bitter IS players that just want to vindictively balance the game so that clans suffer for the next 2 years because IS had to suffer for the last 2 years

Nah, its just clams grasping their better tech while suckling each others peni like their moms ***** while gargling LORE SAYS CLAN MECHS BETTER DURRR. all the while looking the other way when anything about the negatives of clan mechs are stated yet never implemented.

Edited by bbihah, 15 July 2017 - 07:01 AM.

#20 Clownwarlord

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,410 posts
  • LocationBusy stealing clan mechs.

Posted 15 July 2017 - 07:08 AM

The only reason why Davions and HHOD are viewed negatively is because of Novakaine, where your lurms at buddy?

Posted Image much love Nova

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users