• 5,982 posts

Posted 15 July 2017 - 06:17 PM

View PostMcgral18, on 15 July 2017 - 06:06 PM, said:

It deals more than 10 damage
It is only 2 Crits
It is only 6 tons

You have the cXL to support it
You have 2 slot DHS to cool it, easily carrying 20+ DHS

Good luck trying to mount 20+ isDHS on anything that's not an Assault mech, as opposed to the many 50 ton Clam Mediums who mount 24+ DHS.

Gotta love balance

i think with the Heat Cooldown and Velocity Buffs to IS-ERPPC,
as well as the Gauss + PPC Gh linking(which hurts Clan more than IS)
they look balanced, though we will really need to test both and see how it goes,

well you can kinda fit 19 with a BSW with 2ERPPCs, though i do get your Point, ;)

#42 Alexander of Macedon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,184 posts

Posted 15 July 2017 - 06:20 PM

cERPPC potentially might not be flatly superior to nearly every other weapon in the game in an upcoming patch and the chicken-littling emerges.

IS ERPPC has been unusable garbage for ages, and still won't be very good. So I think you can suck it up, you "only" get free splash damage to compensate for misses, better range, lower weight, fewer slots, and the benefits from cDHS now.

#43 Fleeb the Mad

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 441 posts

Posted 15 July 2017 - 06:23 PM

The reason for the big velocity buff on the IS side is pretty transparent to me at least.

In the sub-600m range bracket the IS has oodles of PPC flavors to choose from. The ER PPC is inferior to all of those options. It's only notable for its range. The velocity makes it much more effective at engaging targets at a distance and unfortunately it's heat inefficiency makes it a niche weapon. That's probably intentional on PGI's part.

It would be nice if it was more heat efficient, but I doubt they want the IS ER PPC to be a generalist PPFLD weapon with reach and no particular weaknesses. That's what the Clan ER PPC already is and it's entirely understandable why it wasn't buffed the same.

#44 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 15 July 2017 - 06:30 PM

People forget that the only time the IS ERPPC was a thing required a superoverquirked Thunderbolt-9S with 7.5 heat ERPPCs.

Unless every IS mech reaches that point (not that they should), the IS ERPPC will be inferior to the CERPPC when it comes to practicality and cost-benefit.

#45 Magnus Santini

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 708 posts

Posted 15 July 2017 - 06:42 PM

From the perspective of non-superpowered ERPPC players, it is pretty hard to hit anything at optimum, much less max range with it. I hit about 50% of the time. So that is a lot of wasted heat, wasted time, wasted carrying by teammates, etc. The player is not wasted at least. Posted Image I think PGI is trying to up my % and that of lesser lights in the game, so there is 1/2 second to dodge at optimum range and still less than a full second at max range.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users