Dear Pgi, It's My Birthday And This Is What I Wish For...

Balance

4 replies to this topic

#1 Duke Nedo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2023 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 2,184 posts

Posted 16 July 2017 - 03:47 AM

It's raining outside, I am at the cabin on a poor connection and it's my birthday. It's worth a try. Posted Image

1. 3x PPC does not trigger GH (nor does 4x light PPCs). Unsure about cERPPC and HPPC, perhaps give them GH at 3 but with a milder ramp for the first excess PPC (compromise, almost like allowing 2.5 of them)?

2. Buff cSPL and SPL dps/heat some more. Low damage is workable if dps/heat efficiency is a bit better.

4. Buff LL relative to ERLL, reduced duration.

5. Balance engines. You can't leave cXL >> XL and cXL >> LFE and everything >> STD. For example, make XL boost agility but also cripple heat/speed instead of kill the mech when losing a ST. Remove heat/speed penalty from LFE and make STD buff structure.

6. Remove all GH for ballistics. Replace it with Ghost cooldown/jam instead. RACs is actually a golden opportunity to try this out, don't give them any GH, instead make jam meter build up faster/drop off slower the more of them you fire(d). If you do that you open up for cycling for example 2+2 RACs, since the jam meter would be individual for every gun and not affect the global heat management. It also doesn't interfere with backup weapons. Once this idea has gotten hold, you can transfer UACs and other ballistics to the same principles, using cooldown and jam chance/duration. The benefit: you can for example buff Gauss, and give some Ghost cooldown to 2x Gauss, thereby making single gauss or single UAC5 useful without making boats OP. All without spilling over global heat to other weapon systems. You can even include PPC into the gauss GCD group but not vice versa in the GH group, it opens up options for managing weapon combos.
For missiles, consider ghost spread instead of GH.

7. Buff some mechs: ZEU, MLX, QKD, etc, you know who they are.

8. Buff JJs for the crippled weight brackets. Both the equipment and the skill tree nodes need help! There should be no big risk of pogostick online anymore, but if that is the case, rather curb it with leg damage on heavier mechs and reduced aim while falling. I prefer the former of these two, light jj duels are fun.

Cheers!

Edited by Duke Nedo, 16 July 2017 - 03:50 AM.

#2 RestosIII

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,322 posts
  • LocationDelios

Posted 16 July 2017 - 10:56 AM

Gonna get this out of the way first.

Posted Image

Anyways, in regards to your requests...

1. Being able to fire 3 PPC's without ghost heat is something I've wanted for awhile. Make Awesomes capable of running a lore build without having to chainfire? Yes please. But I think cERPPC's should stick with 2 at a time. They're really powerful as they are right now.

2. I just agree on this, no real comments.

3. First of all, you screwed up your numbering. But yeah, a closer look at the IS large laser family in general would be nice, since they flip flop between being great and terrible a lot.

4. I'm of the opinion that XL's should be mostly small passive nerfs when your side is blown out, unless that destroyed ST is getting shot. When it's getting hit, you should have massive movement penalties, so you have to focus on keeping that side away from the enemy, instead of trying to abuse the 50% damage reduction, while still making XL's not a death trap for IS mechs.

5. My personal view on ballistic GH is more in line with adding recoil that turns your mech. The more AC's you fire, the more drastically the mech turns from your shot. Even on the RAC front it would make sense, because the more RAC's you fire at one time, the harder it would be to keep the stream on target. Ghost spread is... interesting. It would make a bit of sense for your missile targeting system being overwhelmed, I guess?

6. Ayep.

7. Assault JJ's need to actually be worth their tonnage. I shouldn't feel like I'm attempting an Apollo rocket launch whenever I use them, and only get 5 feet of the ground. If they really want to prevent Assault poptarting, make the fuel reserves take a large amount of time to refill, while the JJ's still actually do their job.

#3 stealthraccoon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,497 posts
  • Locationnestled in a burlap sack, down in the root cellar

Posted 16 July 2017 - 12:15 PM

I like #6

And Happy Birthday!

#4 Duke Nedo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,184 posts

Posted 16 July 2017 - 12:58 PM

View PostRestosIII, on 16 July 2017 - 10:56 AM, said:

Gonna get this out of the way first.

Posted Image

Anyways, in regards to your requests...

1. Being able to fire 3 PPC's without ghost heat is something I've wanted for awhile. Make Awesomes capable of running a lore build without having to chainfire? Yes please. But I think cERPPC's should stick with 2 at a time. They're really powerful as they are right now.

2. I just agree on this, no real comments.

3. First of all, you screwed up your numbering. But yeah, a closer look at the IS large laser family in general would be nice, since they flip flop between being great and terrible a lot.

4. I'm of the opinion that XL's should be mostly small passive nerfs when your side is blown out, unless that destroyed ST is getting shot. When it's getting hit, you should have massive movement penalties, so you have to focus on keeping that side away from the enemy, instead of trying to abuse the 50% damage reduction, while still making XL's not a death trap for IS mechs.

5. My personal view on ballistic GH is more in line with adding recoil that turns your mech. The more AC's you fire, the more drastically the mech turns from your shot. Even on the RAC front it would make sense, because the more RAC's you fire at one time, the harder it would be to keep the stream on target. Ghost spread is... interesting. It would make a bit of sense for your missile targeting system being overwhelmed, I guess?

6. Ayep.

7. Assault JJ's need to actually be worth their tonnage. I shouldn't feel like I'm attempting an Apollo rocket launch whenever I use them, and only get 5 feet of the ground. If they really want to prevent Assault poptarting, make the fuel reserves take a large amount of time to refill, while the JJ's still actually do their job.

Thanks! :)

1 Aye, 3x cerppc may be too much, but perhaps having the GH penalty for #3 a bit lower would be fine. Right now its 14, 28, 60 - instead one could try 14, 28, 50 or something. One thing here, by allowing 3x ppc with the new groups, one would also allow 2x ppc+gauss as well as 2x gauss+ppc. Totally fine with me at least. Come to think about it, how much heat would 2x cerppc + 1x gauss generate anyways? Surely not 60???? (which you would get by just following the max heat weapon) The base heat would be 14+14+1 = 29. If they add the penalty only, that would make it 29+18=47,.. hmm...

5. Recoil is difficult because it doesn't affect the initial alpha, nor a follow-up shot unless it's really close in time. The only thing recoil easily addresses is dakka+laser combos and those are not really a problem... so imho recoil (though very fitting in theme) is a difficult mechanics to use to give diminishing returns for stacked guns in general. It would work for RAC and UAC double taps only... I remember having that discussion when ED was on the table, and I think they way to go would be to use GH (or energy draw if you want) for lasers, ghost cooldown for ballistics (reload capacity if you want) and ghost spread for missiles. One mechanism for all will never do the job, that will just be a different flavor of ghost heat. :)

#5 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 17,069 posts

Posted 16 July 2017 - 01:04 PM

next month is my birthday, but because our local herbery just opened up, i think its better i just spend my mech money on dope. leegalize all the things!

Edited by LordNothing, 16 July 2017 - 01:05 PM.

6 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 6 guests, 0 anonymous users