Waiting For Everyone To Get Their Nutech Hype Out Of Their System.

60 replies to this topic

#21 Mystere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 19 July 2017 - 12:10 PM

View PostCed Riggs, on 19 July 2017 - 11:13 AM, said:

Seriously.

I hope, once the hype has died down, we can go back to leaving the trash at home and bring decent loadouts again. Potatos are out in force, and they are running the most atrocious garbage collections under the sun. Metamechs stopped updating, and people forget how to build mechs.

Has it even crossed people's minds that maybe, just maybe, other people are testing, experimenting, and generally trying things out for themselves and figuring out just how much performance -- or simply just plain old fun -- they can extract from their new toys? Is that really too bad? Or was the CoC recently changed and those things are now classified as bannable offenses?

Edited by Mystere, 19 July 2017 - 12:15 PM.

#22 Requiemking

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 2,479 posts
  • LocationStationed at the Iron Dingo's Base on Dumassas

Posted 19 July 2017 - 12:21 PM

View PostRestosIII, on 19 July 2017 - 11:52 AM, said:

Posted Image

The majority of her hardpoints are all around the cockpit. That's one of her main strengths.

Erm, outside of two variants, all of it's mounts are set below the cockpit(albeit, just), with the cockpit itself being set just below halfway down the body(that is a rough estimate, since the cockpit on this thing is huge). This means that all of it's weapons are set rather low on the mech, and you have expose the entire torso to poke with it.

Edited by Requiemking, 19 July 2017 - 12:36 PM.

#23 Ced Riggs

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 825 posts
  • Locationunclear, mech stuck in bay.

Posted 19 July 2017 - 12:22 PM

Oh, please, by all means. Test ands try and do as you wish. I am just hoping that you're going to be done with that sooner than later, because matches have been an absolute mess the past two days. That's all. Just waiting for it to blow over.

View PostMystere, on 19 July 2017 - 12:10 PM, said:

Or was the CoC recently changed and those things are now classified as bannable offenses?

Taking it a little too far there. ;)

#24 Trev Firestorm

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Boombox
  • The Boombox
  • 1,240 posts

Posted 19 July 2017 - 12:26 PM

Boo hooo hoo... its been one day, get over yourself.

#25 Yellonet

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,956 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 19 July 2017 - 12:31 PM

Running troll mechs just became a whole lot easer, and more fun Posted Image

#26 Mystere

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 19 July 2017 - 12:36 PM

View PostCed Riggs, on 19 July 2017 - 12:22 PM, said:

Oh, please, by all means. Test ands try and do as you wish. I am just hoping that you're going to be done with that sooner than later, because matches have been an absolute mess the past two days. That's all. Just waiting for it to blow over.

Good luck with that!

I am still trying to figure out the best macro for my K-9's siren. But now that it has more toys to use, you'll be seeing that little bugger for a while longer. Posted Image

View PostCed Riggs, on 19 July 2017 - 12:22 PM, said:

Taking it a little too far there. Posted Image

Meh! That's nothing compared to how far people are taking things in this thread. Posted Image Posted Image

#27 Clanner Scum

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 338 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 19 July 2017 - 12:38 PM

RAC5's are nasty on the Roughneck. And ATMs suck. So do heavy lasers.

The end.

#28 Khobai

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 23,969 posts

Posted 19 July 2017 - 12:39 PM

Has it even crossed people's minds that maybe, just maybe, other people are testing, experimenting, and generally trying things out for themselves and figuring out just how much performance -- or simply just plain old fun -- they can extract from their new toys? Is that really too bad? Or was the CoC recently changed and those things are now classified as bannable offenses?

The new weapons only exist so you can punish people who use them.

Meta harder bro. Youre not being comp enough. Youre letting your feelings and desires of having fun get in the way of fueling your fragile ego and superiority complex.

#29 RestosIII

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,322 posts
  • LocationDelios

Posted 19 July 2017 - 12:40 PM

View PostRequiemking, on 19 July 2017 - 12:21 PM, said:

Erm, outside of two variants, all of it's mounts are set below the cockpit(albeit, just), with the cockpit itself being set just below halfway down the body. This means that all of it's weapons are set rather low on the mech, and you have expose the entire torso to poke with it.

Unless you're running missiles, there isn't too much for you to hit (compared to most Clan assault mechs) when you poke with the MCII, since the majority of her is legs and a long snout.

And when someone says "low mounts", I'm thinking Cataphracts, Supvernovas, Gargoyles, the Atlas' RT ballistic mount. Stuff that is drastically lower than the cockpit. With the MCII, you can fire as soon as you can see the enemy, and instantly start getting back into cover. Hell, compared to the Timber Wolf its hardpoints are MUCH higher up. So please, stop making stuff up about the MCII.

#30 TheMisled

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 130 posts
  • LocationLocked in a brawl with another mech on some distant planet.

Posted 19 July 2017 - 12:53 PM

RACs and ATM bad!? What sort of drugs are you on. RACs deal a **** tonne of damage (10dps is insane) and thier are very accurate and a lot more reliable than UAC/5s in terms of how often they jam, not to mention you can stop firing them for maybe 1 or 2 seconds to let them cool off a bit before ramping back up the pain. My best game saw me burn through 3 tonnes of RAC ammo in my PXH-3S (had 2 med pulse lasers and 1 med laser as well which weren't utilised nearly as much) and unded up with me hitting 929 damage with little difficulty.

ATMs, while the don't have the benefits of the high arc of the LRMs, they deal a lot of damage in my average engagement range (200-400 metres) and the minimum range has been of little worry to me as of yet. 2 ATM 12s racked up over 500 damage on thier own quite easily.

#31 MadRover

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 568 posts

Posted 19 July 2017 - 01:20 PM

Oh wait. We're not allowed to try and have fun in a video game because we don't feel like being competitive with all the new toys? Right now I'm using a MCII with heavy mediums and it's loads of fun. Of course once everything starts to make sense we will still ask ourselves what do we want out of our mechs?

Oh and I also ran it stock and enjoyed 6kills 800+ damage and even did all of it by brawling with the worst weapons to brawl with. In the end it comes down to skill and the build, but your build won't save you alone.

#32 Coolant

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,079 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 19 July 2017 - 01:24 PM

so sorry OP that we don't measure up to you as a pilot...and please forgive us for trying to have fun in a game where we should never have fun. We shall get serious cause this is war! To the brig for those that think it's a game!

#33 Lux Monolithic

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 203 posts

Posted 19 July 2017 - 01:27 PM

Seriously.

I hope, once the hype has died down, we can go back to leaving the trash at home and bring decent loadouts again. Potatos are out in force, and they are running the most atrocious garbage collections under the sun. Metamechs stopped updating, and people forget how to build mechs.

MRMs bad.
Rotaries bad.
Light Pepsis bad.
Light Gauss bad.
ATMs bad.
Micro Lasers bad.
Heavy Lasers bad.
Uziel paper.
Mad Cat MkII paper.
Annihilator too slow and big.

There is only so much I can endure, and MRM30 boating Maulers ain't it. Neither are ShadowCats with 7 HMGs and a Heavy Large Laser, or any combination of the above memes. Twin Rotary 2 Cicadas, single HPPC Spiders, Quad Heavy Large Laser Hunchbacks, ugh.

There's some actual good weapons in the bunch. Use those - please?

isUAC10 filthy good.
isUAC20 good.
isERML good.
2 - 4 HMGs good.
Snubnose PPC good.

Here's to hope it dies down sooner than later. Because, right now, it's just an all around pathetic display of what team has more potatoes, a race to do worse than the other dozen.

Hello Mrs. Downer, Debbie is it? And I don't agree with anything you are saying except that IS UACs are great. All the new tech is great. Says my 1k+ damage matches in all the new tech across Clan and IS.

#34 Ced Riggs

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 825 posts
  • Locationunclear, mech stuck in bay.

Posted 19 July 2017 - 01:28 PM

View PostCoolant, on 19 July 2017 - 01:24 PM, said:

so sorry OP that we don't measure up to you as a pilot...and please forgive us for trying to have fun in a game where we should never have fun.

You may have misunderstood my intentions. And I personally do not enjoy the chaos. There is little fun in one sided stomps because your team brought every piece of junk they could grab. But, again, as I said before: Go ahead, test, play around, try your heart out. I'mma just wait until it's over, because right now, games are a mess.

What's so offensive about that?

#35 AppleseeN

• PipPipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 19 July 2017 - 01:29 PM

Seriously.

MRMs bad.
Rotaries bad.
Light Pepsis bad.
Light Gauss bad.
ATMs bad.
Micro Lasers bad.
Heavy Lasers bad.
Uziel paper.
Mad Cat MkII paper.
Annihilator too slow and big.

There is only so much I can endure, and MRM30 boating Maulers ain't it. Neither are ShadowCats with 7 HMGs and a Heavy Large Laser, or any combination of the above memes. Twin Rotary 2 Cicadas, single HPPC Spiders, Quad Heavy Large Laser Hunchbacks, ugh.

There's some actual good weapons in the bunch. Use those - please?

isUAC10 filthy good.
isUAC20 good.
isERML good.
2 - 4 HMGs good.
Snubnose PPC good.

Here's to hope it dies down sooner than later. Because, right now, it's just an all around pathetic display of what team has more potatoes, a race to do worse than the other dozen.

GIVE HIM A RAC !!!(c) Monty Python - Spanish Iquisition Posted Image

#36 chucklesMuch

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,424 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 19 July 2017 - 01:45 PM

Lol... soz OP but I haven't even finished testing out mc mk ii or cougar builds... and there is an entire world of new IS stuff. (Including buying new chassis to try with new tech)

I have probably spent more time in the mech lab and testing grounds than in game so far (post patch) and I have a lot of in game experimenting to do yet...

so yeah.... perhaps take a month off if you aren't liking all the changes and experimenting

#37 HGAK47

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 971 posts

Posted 19 July 2017 - 01:56 PM

I have to say I dont totally agree.

My experience so far -

Heavy lasers, nice I like them. Ive really enjoyed using Heavy lasers and er mediums on a Hunchback IIC. Ranges converge nicely and the damage ive been doing is well worth the slightly longer facetime. (Really not much face time when talking about lasers imo after being a heavy dakka user)

Dakka - nice not too bad, not a fan of the jamming ultras but its the same as that for clans and it offers options. Ive enjoyed rotary 5`s and had some very good games with them.

ATM`s - wow they suck so hard its not even funny.

Heavy Gauss - I like it but I have real problems with the charging and firing, there is a very brief window where you are green to shoot yet it seems like you have to hold it longer than the indicator says. I often charged it to fire fast like I would with regular gauss but often the H Gauss just doesnt fire.

PPC`s - Need more testing but there ok, not a fan of anything with minimum ranges as it leaves you so vulnerable when boating only those.

Overall there are some very hit and miss new weapons. I am yet to still try them all but I have been very disapointed with the new missile systems, they seem very underwhelming.

#38 davoodoo

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 2,496 posts

Posted 19 July 2017 - 01:57 PM

View PostTheMisled, on 19 July 2017 - 12:53 PM, said:

RACs and ATM bad!? What sort of drugs are you on. RACs deal a **** tonne of damage (10dps is insane) and thier are very accurate and a lot more reliable than UAC/5s in terms of how often they jam

**** tonne of dmg?? ~40 dmg during 5s for 10 tons + ammo + 4hps...
im not impressed tbh.
uac5 does 40 dmg in 5s too assuming it doesnt jam. 0s=10, 1.66s=20, 3.32s=30, 4.98=40
uac10 in same conditions does 60 dmg.
uac20 does 80dmg.
all of them unjam faster though, need no spinup and all three of them will pump higher sustained dps without resorting to double taps...

Edited by davoodoo, 19 July 2017 - 02:01 PM.

#39 Jman5

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 4,914 posts

Posted 19 July 2017 - 01:59 PM

You must play a lot to have gotten so much direct experience with so many different weapons, mechs, and tech to be able to know with such surety what is good and what is bad.

Here I am still puzzling out the rocket launcher.

#40 HGAK47

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 971 posts

Posted 19 July 2017 - 01:59 PM

View PostCed Riggs, on 19 July 2017 - 01:28 PM, said:

You may have misunderstood my intentions. And I personally do not enjoy the chaos. There is little fun in one sided stomps because your team brought every piece of junk they could grab. But, again, as I said before: Go ahead, test, play around, try your heart out. I'mma just wait until it's over, because right now, games are a mess.

What's so offensive about that?

Games are always a mess lol nothing new there. Just play and enjoy. Try doing sub optimal builds! Try making something stupid work.

Ive actually had a real blast flying the Spider 5V with the new ER mediums, its still pathetic dps but its a lot of fun flying and prodding and poking and generally just being everywhere at once :D

9 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 9 guests, 0 anonymous users