Waiting For Everyone To Get Their Nutech Hype Out Of Their System.

60 replies to this topic

#41 jonfett

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 355 posts
  • LocationSitting on a NaCl mountain in a place called Puglandia

Posted 19 July 2017 - 02:04 PM

View PostCed Riggs, on 19 July 2017 - 11:39 AM, said:

You can do that, it's fine. They're still bad weapons. Unless you are coming from cERLL and LRMs, then you made a step forward. ATMs are, at least, better weapons than LRMs, and Heavy Mediums are, at least, more feasible weapons than cERLL. RACs are still a meme. It's like quad UAC2 spam all over again. High face time, low damage, for hig heat and tonnage. Facetanking has never been a good strategy in MW:O, and RACs are all about the facetanking. But hey. There's people defending LRMs to their deathbeds, so I am sure, RACs will find some advocates, too.

Nope, I'm gonna bring my CERLL & LRM assault mech still, so too bad.

#42 Blue Boutique

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Resolute
  • The Resolute
  • 481 posts

Posted 19 July 2017 - 02:10 PM

Nutech is for nutactics, the oltactic with nutech will fail all the time.

#43 MadRover

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 568 posts

Posted 19 July 2017 - 02:24 PM

View PostJman5, on 19 July 2017 - 01:59 PM, said:

Here I am still puzzling out the rocket launcher.

Let me help you. It's one of those break glass in case of emergency weapons as in you are stripped of armor, about to die and so is the other. RPG! and hope it kills.

#44 Bigbacon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,094 posts

Posted 19 July 2017 - 02:28 PM

sucks that LPPCs have min range....been playing Spider 5D with 3 of them.

#45 Jman5

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 4,914 posts

Posted 19 July 2017 - 03:01 PM

View PostMadRover, on 19 July 2017 - 02:24 PM, said:

Let me help you. It's one of those break glass in case of emergency weapons as in you are stripped of armor, about to die and so is the other. RPG! and hope it kills.

I'm too alpha-strike happy to wait. If I don't shoot them early in the match I wind up accidentally rocket launching a UAV.

#46 Gas Guzzler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,256 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 19 July 2017 - 03:01 PM

View PostJman5, on 19 July 2017 - 03:01 PM, said:

I'm too alpha-strike happy to wait. If I don't shoot them early in the match I wind up accidentally rocket launching a UAV.

You actually use the alpha strike button?

#47 davoodoo

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 2,496 posts

Posted 19 July 2017 - 03:03 PM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 19 July 2017 - 03:01 PM, said:

You havent rebound yours to left mouse button?? :)

#48 Gas Guzzler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,256 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 19 July 2017 - 03:07 PM

View Postdavoodoo, on 19 July 2017 - 03:03 PM, said:

You havent rebound yours to left mouse button?? Posted Image

Lol. No. I rarely have all weapons in one group as well.

#49 Mystere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 19 July 2017 - 03:24 PM

View Postdavoodoo, on 19 July 2017 - 03:03 PM, said:

You havent rebound yours to left mouse button?? Posted Image

Mine is set to trigger on the second stage of my joystick's 2-stage trigger. Same trigger also works great when set up for Gauss + PCC load outs. Posted Image

Edited by Mystere, 19 July 2017 - 03:58 PM.

#50 Novakaine

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,724 posts
  • LocationThe Republic of Texas

Posted 19 July 2017 - 03:58 PM

Posted Image

#51 Jman5

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 4,914 posts

Posted 19 July 2017 - 04:41 PM

Of course! Bound to Spacebar. Feels like you're really smashing them when you are pounding the space bar key.

#52 STEF_

• The Nocturnal
  • The Nocturnal
  • 5,443 posts
  • Locationmy cockpit

Posted 19 July 2017 - 04:55 PM

View PostCed Riggs, on 19 July 2017 - 11:13 AM, said:

isUAC10 filthy good.
isUAC20 good.
isERML good.
2 - 4 HMGs good.
Snubnose PPC good.

Here's to hope it dies down sooner than later. Because, right now, it's just an all around pathetic display of what team has more potatoes, a race to do worse than the other dozen.

and LFE.

Man, I had tonnes of funnn today, bringing out IS and smashing potatoes.

Finally!

Even with few good weapons, welcome Civil war patch!

#53 Acehilator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 667 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 19 July 2017 - 05:02 PM

View PostRequiemking, on 19 July 2017 - 11:47 AM, said:

Big, slow, bad hitboxes, no quirks, low mounts.

Have you even played the mech? Or even looked at it? Dafuq you talking about?!

So much nonsense in one post.

#54 STEF_

• The Nocturnal
  • The Nocturnal
  • 5,443 posts
  • Locationmy cockpit

Posted 19 July 2017 - 05:02 PM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 19 July 2017 - 11:51 AM, said:

I don't think IS ER MLs are that good.

Sorry, but erML are really good.

having around same range and cooldown of lpl means a lot.

Then, give a try to 6erml woulfhound: that more range gives a lot of issues to potatoes with bad aim, and it is good not to have to go so close in a light

#55 Wattila

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 244 posts

Posted 19 July 2017 - 05:55 PM

View PostStefka Kerensky, on 19 July 2017 - 05:02 PM, said:

Sorry, but erML are really good.

having around same range and cooldown of lpl means a lot.

Then, give a try to 6erml woulfhound: that more range gives a lot of issues to potatoes with bad aim, and it is good not to have to go so close in a light

ERML is pretty much the least heat efficient IS laser, it produces ~32% more heat than the regular ML. It has the same 1.11 DPH as CERML while being far less tonnage efficient, so I'd say it's at least bad in comparison (other IS lasers have better heat efficiency than their clan counterpart).

The extra heat is particularly noticeable when combining mediums with heavier lasers. I would carefully consider if I really need the extra range instead of automatically going with the ER.

#56 Angel of Annihilation

• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,872 posts

Posted 19 July 2017 - 07:51 PM

View PostMestari, on 19 July 2017 - 11:26 AM, said:

I think you're missing the point, OP is saying most of the nutech is worse than oldtech, and encouraging people to use the good nutech instead of the bad.

Except he is wrong in most cases. I would take a Light Gauss over an AC/10 in most cases for example. Also I have seen plenty of people make good use of Light PPCs. Additionally I do actually have a few Clan builds that are getting good mileage out of Heavy Lasers of various types. They are few and far between but on the once they work on, they work well. ATMs can also be very good though I have to admit their vulnerability to AMS is a bit ridiculous but if you catch an enemy outside of AMS cover at about 200m away, you will maul and savage him so quickly he doesn't have time to blink.

Then on to the mechs.

The Uziel is tanky as hell with a LFE, surprisingly tanky and can make good use of those high mounted hard points. I would easily rate them above average, maybe even toward the top of the pack as far as IS mediums go. The Mad Cat Mk II is also very decent aside from its running animation that is. The Cougar surprised the hell out of me and I have already come up with some build that easily rake in 400-500+ damage. Honestly I feel like I am running around in a 50-55 tonner, not a 35 tonner. An then there is the Annihilator. I have to agree it is slow and because of that I do think I would enjoy them much and sometime they are getting left behind in the Nascar but each and every match I see an Annihilator in, 50-75% of the time they end the match breaking 1000 damage. Slow or not, they are putting out some serious hurt each and every match and have enough armor to soak incredible amounts of damage.

So the OP has alot of "Opinions" but they sure aren't matching up with my hands on experience.

#57 STEF_

• The Nocturnal
  • The Nocturnal
  • 5,443 posts
  • Locationmy cockpit

Posted 20 July 2017 - 05:36 AM

View PostWattila, on 19 July 2017 - 05:55 PM, said:

ERML is pretty much the least heat efficient IS laser, it produces ~32% more heat than the regular ML. It has the same 1.11 DPH as CERML while being far less tonnage efficient, so I'd say it's at least bad in comparison (other IS lasers have better heat efficiency than their clan counterpart).

The extra heat is particularly noticeable when combining mediums with heavier lasers. I would carefully consider if I really need the extra range instead of automatically going with the ER.

you entirely miss the point.
In a word: range.
In 4 words: same range of lpl.

At 450m opt range (with quirks and stuff), I really don't care about more heat.

also: the great amount of 32% MOARR HEAT!!!!.....is 4.5 instead of 3.4.... lol

Edited by Stefka Kerensky, 20 July 2017 - 06:08 AM.

#58 Ganatar

• Pip
  • Survivor
  • 15 posts

Posted 20 July 2017 - 04:22 PM

Have to say, I couldnt disagree more. After having taken a looong break, I came back about a month ago to play around and save some cash for the new tech that was coming. Spent three weeks watching people hide behind rocks. Im sure that meta-op-tryhard stuff is great fun and all, but it really has no business in QP. If you wanna farm potatoes with tryhard builds, thats fine, but dont expect eleven other people to peek and poke for fifteen minutes in the name of efficiency. If there were more people interested in that playstyle, comp play would probably see more love, but I came to play stompy robots! With a hard shift away from 'poptart and never get hit' to 'hey, look at all these facetime weapons!' Im having an absolute blast, and I doubt Im alone. If you dont have fun in puglandia, eat the queue time to play FW where there will be more people 'on your level' and leave QP to us taters. Posted Image

Almost nobody has fun in a stomp. Maybe more people should try lightening up and trying something silly rather than trying to drag then entire playerbase in the other direction.

Edited by Ganatar, 20 July 2017 - 04:58 PM.

#59 CancersCincar

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 233 posts

Posted 20 July 2017 - 04:25 PM

Say what you will about nutech, at least I'm actually playing the game again. Some of the fun nutech stuff actually made chassis I didn't even touch before worth playing, alongside the skill tree. Took my Catapult C1(F) out for the first time in a couple years, just because I fiddled around with it and was able to throw a pair of LPPCs on it with a Snub Nose and some MRMs. My Cicada 3M is exciting ever since I saw some crazy pilot toting a HPPC on it, and I made a build with much the same.

Is some of the nutech bad? Maybe, probably. Hopefully some buffs will come along and amp up the power of some of the weaker tech. It's okay to have fun, though, and I'm going to have some fun. Feel free to join me and anyone else.

#60 LT. HARDCASE

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 2,706 posts
  • LocationDark Space

Posted 20 July 2017 - 06:01 PM

View PostHal Greaves, on 19 July 2017 - 12:06 PM, said:

>heavy lasers bad

I found that having 4 heavy mediums on a Purifier was pretty darn effective.

Mostly because you have a 40 point alpha in a mech that most people ignore / dont even think to look at in a firefight / can poke like a champ

Vid related:

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/160419553

Still getting used to the burn time over med-pulse but I am starting to really like the heavy meds

People were ignoring me too, in my 4x HML, 1x HSL Ice Ferret. Mistakes were made.

It's so nice to finally have a high alpha on this thing. I feel that's where heavy meds are best, on mechs with few hardpoints.

21 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 21 guests, 0 anonymous users