#22 FunkyT

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Boombox
  • The Boombox
  • 139 posts
  • LocationAt the Front, overextending, with no support

Posted 21 July 2017 - 11:59 AM

But what else is ECM supposed to do?
I don't know the technicals, but causing interferences to long range scans to obstruct their flow of information and therefore denying usable information seems like a somewhat logical thing to do for electronic countermeasures. That is, until you get close enough for the (probably?) stronger short range scans to pick up your signal again.

Plus, ECM is only that strong if you invest a couple extra points to increase it's effect. If not, ECM maybe reduces the range others can target you from by like 100-200m or something, which really doesn't do anything.

And again, I don't think PGI can take ECM as it functions now out of the game in general. I guarantee you that there would be way more people against this decision than there would be to support it.
I can still remember how people reacted when PGI decided to nerf ECM and only have it have it's full effect when taking the skill nodes...

Edit:
Maybe this whole "ECM yes/no" thing should be it's own discussion. Kinda feels like we're killing the actual discussion this thread was opened for.

Edited by FunkyT, 21 July 2017 - 12:01 PM.

#23 Gaussfather

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 310 posts

Posted 21 July 2017 - 08:06 PM

View PostFunkyT, on 21 July 2017 - 11:59 AM, said:

And again, I don't think PGI can take ECM as it functions now out of the game in general. I guarantee you that there would be way more people against this decision than there would be to support it.
I can still remember how people reacted when PGI decided to nerf ECM and only have it have it's full effect when taking the skill nodes...

Edit:
Maybe this whole "ECM yes/no" thing should be it's own discussion. Kinda feels like we're killing the actual discussion this thread was opened for.

No its not killing the thread... I think we are all in agreement that ECM already gives most of the advantages of Stealth Armor, and that Stealth Armor is a novelty add-on and because you can defeat it as easily as you can defeat ECM that it's not worth the compromises you have to make with it.

AND no one mentioned that YOU ALSO LOSE ALL ENEMY TARGET INFORMATION when you go active stealth!!

Which is strange because most of that info is being sent passively... you aren't pinging the enemy with radar etc. Maybe if you are using LRMs or Streaks (but anyway its just a game and half the tech doesn't make sense anyway).

So, you take up slots, you build up heat, you lose target info and for what? An extra hundred meters of non-detection.

Has anyone tested it versus seismic yet?

#24 Prototelis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 21 July 2017 - 08:11 PM

Can confirm still triggers seismic.

But that isn't a big deal with the new er lasers.

#25 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,820 posts

Posted 21 July 2017 - 09:37 PM

on the pts it was disrupted by ecm and ppc fire. not sure if bap does anything to it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users