True. A man can dream, though!

#1802 JazzTheKami06

Rookie

• The Shogun
  • The Shogun
  • 6 posts
  • LocationNew York, USA

Posted 01 August 2018 - 05:41 AM

So just playing catch up here... To my understanding, the possibility of us getting more unseen mechs or unseen mech models is still just speculation correct?

#1803 Aidan Crenshaw

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,575 posts

Posted 01 August 2018 - 05:46 AM

Since we are oblivious to the terms under which the parties settled, yes.

#1804 Marauder3D

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 744 posts
  • LocationHuntress

Posted 01 August 2018 - 10:39 AM

View PostJazzTheKami06, on 01 August 2018 - 05:41 AM, said:

So just playing catch up here... To my understanding, the possibility of us getting more unseen mechs or unseen mech models is still just speculation correct?

Correct. A Crusader release in the next week would help to alleviate said speculation.

Just sayin'.

#1805 Sereglach

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 1,563 posts
  • LocationWherever things are burning.

Posted 01 August 2018 - 02:38 PM

View PostJazzTheKami06, on 01 August 2018 - 05:41 AM, said:

View PostMarauder3D, on 01 August 2018 - 10:39 AM, said:

Correct. A Crusader release in the next week would help to alleviate said speculation.

Just sayin'.

View PostAidan Crenshaw, on 01 August 2018 - 05:46 AM, said:

Since we are oblivious to the terms under which the parties settled, yes.

I'm just going to re-quote these, as it's extremely pertinent to the question at hand.

First off, the reason we won't be seeing any new classics within the next few months; and that MechCon would likely be the earliest. I don't think Tina needs the call-out to this thread, so removed the name tag, but you can follow the link to the original post, if you so desire.

View PostQuote

Just wanted to note that upcoming 'Mechs are locked into production months ahead of their public announcements and are not altered once locked into our development schedule. *snip*

Then, another post that I made over the evidence regarding whether or not there is the possibility for future classics.

View PostSereglach, on 23 June 2018 - 01:43 PM, said:

Ok, that's not the only piece of evidence. The bigger piece of evidence is right in the docket regarding the dismissal; and it's been mentioned a number of times, already. CGL was also released "to avoid confusion". HG was suing CGL over all of the original macross unseen that they had reimagined as their own version of the classics. CGL had already completed several others that PGI hasn't, like the Valkyrie, Stinger, and Wasp. If they hadn't gotten to the Crusader and Longbow, yet, it doesn't matter. HG agreed to complete dismissal with prejudice "to avoid confusion", meaning that in order to prevent any issues of confusion over whether or not HG can and/or will sue about the classics in the future HG also dropped the case against CGL and "Does 1-10".

The evidence against HG was far too stacked against them; and as you even partially referenced, in order for HG to avoid sanctions against them AND to prevent a courtroom decision which would open them up to ~30 years of bullying victims coming back with lawsuits against them, HG came crawling to the settlement table with their tail between their legs. HG lost big-time on this dismissal . . . and it's not a little loss or a "just wait until the next people come along" loss . . . they lost HUGE. I'd say this is probably an even bigger loss for HG then the Hasbro vs. HG Jetfire settlement, where HG also fled with their tail between their legs.

There's an extremely solid chance that the remaining classics can and will be made. However, personally, I wouldn't be surprised if they're not announced until MechCon AND I wouldn't be surprised if they're going to appear in MW5 before they show up in MWO, because what better way to generate hype for MW5 than to say that, "MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries will be the first MechWarrior game, ever, to have ALL of the classics mechs of Battletech represented within the game."

#1806 slide

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,768 posts
  • LocationKersbrook South Australia

Posted 01 August 2018 - 04:00 PM

I would like to point out that the new Vapor Eagle (just announced today) looks remarkably classic. Particularly around the head. I am going to take that as a positive sign for the future.

#1807 JazzTheKami06

Rookie

• The Shogun
  • The Shogun
  • 6 posts
  • LocationNew York, USA

Posted 02 August 2018 - 04:50 PM

View PostSereglach, on 01 August 2018 - 02:38 PM, said:

There's an extremely solid chance that the remaining classics can and will be made. However, personally, I wouldn't be surprised if they're not announced until MechCon AND I wouldn't be surprised if they're going to appear in MW5 before they show up in MWO, because what better way to generate hype for MW5 than to say that, "MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries will be the first MechWarrior game, ever, to have ALL of the classics mechs of Battletech represented within the game."

Hopefully I'm we're not being too optimistic here but that's exactly what I'm thinking as well at this point . I know they're a different company but CGL posting that tweet a few weeks back with the unseen Marauder had to mean something... Anyhow I'm just glad this silly legal crap is over and done with, one way or the other. While some are hoping for the Crusader Posted Image , I'm eagerly waiting for some more II-C's. Here's looking at YOU Warhammer.

*edit* Woohoo! Ask and you shall receive lol.

Edited by JazzTheKami06, 10 October 2018 - 07:20 AM.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users