65 replies to this topic

#21 Wyald Katt

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 165 posts
  • LocationHell (aka Florida)

Posted 24 July 2017 - 08:02 AM

I'm with Bae on this one, only on the Clan side. Winning just over half of my games, with only 15% of them flat out lost causes from the start. Only seen 6+ unit members twice in over a dozen games. And one of those, you would have never known they were together.

Thank goodness they were on the other side. Posted Image The other time, we got steamrolled. Posted Image

My opinion is that I'm really feeling the tonnage difference between the sides now. Half the time I'm going "how much beef do they have left?!" Meaning to say, things seem more competitive.

#22 Davegt27

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,965 posts
  • LocationCO

Posted 24 July 2017 - 08:08 AM

I thought the IS was winning this one

you should see when I open up with a RAC2 RAC5 combo

#23 Jay Leon Hart

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 4,669 posts

Posted 24 July 2017 - 08:54 AM

View PostDGTLDaemon, on 24 July 2017 - 02:58 AM, said:

Based on my observations from the current event:
Spoiler

Tech balance Player skill has nothing to do with it Posted Image

Fixed?

Edited by Jay Leon Hart, 24 July 2017 - 08:54 AM.

#24 SovietArmada

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • 261 posts

Posted 24 July 2017 - 08:57 AM

Yeah, but without bad pugs I couldn't put up numbers like this Posted Image

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Edited by SovietArmada, 24 July 2017 - 08:57 AM.

#25 Natred

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Deadly
  • The Deadly
  • 716 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationWest Texas

Posted 24 July 2017 - 09:08 AM

Nice Armada, making it look easy. Most damage i have delt is 3.3k I think in fw. Yesterday though top damaged 2 losses in a row with 2.5k and 2.3 k out of both teams.

#26 Abisha

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 24 July 2017 - 09:50 AM

My King crab feels insulted.
It's ******** to be honest Clan mechs are not superior or no magic gate with a I-WIN button.
Lot of weaponry of clans are far below average to be perfect honest.

Only what IS lacks are good looking mechs and they have cr@p uninteresting weapon configuration.
Example missile launchers in the arms REALLY. No wonder nobody plays IS

People really like asymmetric mech's not weird configurations.

Edited by Abisha, 24 July 2017 - 09:51 AM.

#27 MechaBattler

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 5,119 posts

Posted 24 July 2017 - 10:01 AM

Easier for IS pugs to screw up their builds. Clans generally run at around the same speed thanks to fixed engines. Where as IS groups can be broken up into three chunks due to the wide difference in speed. Then there's the event. Probably a lot of people in FP that shouldn't be. They come into it with a quick play mindset and think same tactics will work in FP. They're probably playing with just event goodies in mind and don't care if their mechs are unsuited for FP.

#28 xe N on

• 1,335 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 24 July 2017 - 10:04 AM

View PostDGTLDaemon, on 24 July 2017 - 02:58 AM, said:

Based on my observations from the current event:

Posted Image

Tech balance has nothing to do with it Posted Image

My thesis:
IS PUGs are much more smarter than Clan PUGS.

Though there are more IS PUGs by numbers - and even some very good ones - most of them don't bother to play in this crappy game mode even if there is an event and additional rewards. Because these smart IS PUGs know it's just a playground for crappy units that actually not have the guts to take parts at real competitive game tournaments but instead go for easy seal clubbing.

Therefore, the only IS PUGs you see currently in the event are absolute inexperienced beginners that really have no clue they are just get slaughtered.

Clans on the other hand bring more experiences pilots that should know better but simply don't realize that they are just farm potatoes.

pwnd.

Edited by xe N on, 24 July 2017 - 10:07 AM.

#29 Trev Firestorm

• The Boombox
  • The Boombox
  • 1,240 posts

Posted 24 July 2017 - 10:07 AM

View PostVellron2005, on 24 July 2017 - 04:19 AM, said:

Sorry friend Bandito, but you are wrong.. I can attest from personal experience that clan pugs are indeed superior..

During Tuk3, I played both sides, and dropped with lots of pugs.. Clan Pugs would play in an organized fashion, clearly know what to do, where to stand, and what was expected of them.. And during Tuk3, their drive was high, they would go for the win, and personal achievements towards event rewards were secondary (and still achieved without problems)

IS pugs on the other hand, did not play with any semblance of organization, did not know how to open siege doors (I saw them shooting the door itself on multiple drops, different people, I would have to open the door for them after waiting 15 minutes on some occasions), they would stand in doorways and get sniped down, they would trade long range fire when clearly out-ranged, they would not go for objectives to get the win, on many occasions they seemed to be simply not interested in winning, but only to achieve personal event points, and this all had nothing to do with tech or anything like that.

I can conclusively say that without doubt,that when it comes to pugs, the state of FP when the stakes are high, like during Tukayyid events, are EXACTLY true to lore.. Clans are mostly unified in their skill and desire to win, while the great houses of the Inner Sphere are divided, leaderless, and uninterested in the greater good, instead only pursuing personal glory.

When the stakes are not as high, like in regular FP, the IS pugs are still more solo-players, while clan pugs instinctively see FP as "serious play", and instinctively apply more tactics and unified play.

My conclusion is.. yes, Clan Pugs are superior to IS pugs.

My experience during Tuk3 was the exact opposite. IS pugs have maybe a 25% chance of being actually organized, Clan side was maybe 1 in 10... Didn't mean wins were only 1 in 10 though. What I did notice was alot more attempted roleplay which led to horrible games and losses every single time. It definitely came down to tech, clans generally are just much much easier to play/do decently in. Haven't bothered with this event so idk how things are now but for Tuk3...

#30 DGTLDaemon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 746 posts
  • LocationUkraine

Posted 24 July 2017 - 10:23 AM

View PostJay Leon Hart, on 24 July 2017 - 08:54 AM, said:

Player skill has nothing to do with it
Fixed?

That is correct :) It's not about individual player skill, it's about being aggressive, organized, and determined to win. Out of all pug matches I played during this event, someone was drop calling about 90% of the time, and everyone else was doing their best to follow the DC's orders, stick together, focus fire targets - basically, a bunch of random people went out of their way to act as an organized team, and it happend not once, but multiple times. I was very surpirsed and impressed, and I feel proud for my Clan trothkin. PGI may saddle us with all the tonnage handicaps they want, it will only make us fight harder :)

#31 Alexander of Macedon

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,183 posts

Posted 24 July 2017 - 01:35 PM

Amusingly enough IS is actually edging out the clans slightly in this event (as of last night, at least), and it's pretty much down to two things: the reduction in # of available locations for fighting has made fights more likely to be PuG vs. PuG rather than PuG vs. group, and Civil War tech + clam mobility nerfs has marginally improved IS viability.

Every single PuG match I've played in the past couple days has been at least even, and some of them have been IS stomps.

So, as it turns out, clan victories were down to their PuGs being equipment-carried baddies and group vs. PuG stomps made prevalent by all the merc scum flocking to the faction with the easy-win tech.

Edited by Alexander of Macedon, 24 July 2017 - 01:44 PM.

#32 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,771 posts

Posted 24 July 2017 - 01:37 PM

what? ive been winning. idk what games you all are playing.

also when i do flip over and play with the jags its about the same. both sides have their potatoes to carry.

Edited by LordNothing, 24 July 2017 - 01:39 PM.

#33 davoodoo

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 2,496 posts

Posted 24 July 2017 - 02:28 PM

View PostLordNothing, on 24 July 2017 - 01:37 PM, said:

what? ive been winning. idk what games you all are playing.

also when i do flip over and play with the jags its about the same. both sides have their potatoes to carry.

Pretty much.

This is first fp event where joining jade falcons actually failed me in my quest to win 75%+

#34 C E Dwyer

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 24 July 2017 - 03:05 PM

Well my experience has been mostly siege on both sides of the map.

Neither clan or I.S pugs seem capable of grasping, the concept of an objective and poke though the doors and expect to somehow win by not killing the canon.

Three minutes to go and getting told by a pug we've won when there was still two gens and the gun untouched makes for head shaking times.

#35 Tier5 Kerensky

• Bridesmaid
  • 2,049 posts

Posted 24 July 2017 - 03:19 PM

My fellow IS pugs are doing fine. I think many casual Clan players are doing fine too.

#36 Angel of Annihilation

• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,872 posts

Posted 24 July 2017 - 03:29 PM

I think we also need not forget that the IS side tends to draw in more new players. I mean if your brand new or even new-ish, you look at the C-bill cost of your average IS mech, then look at the C-bill cost of the average Clan mech, methinks you are probably going to buy a IS mech first. By the time you can actually afford Clan mechs, your probably a pretty experienced player.

#37 ocular tb

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 542 posts
  • LocationCaught Somewhere in Time

Posted 24 July 2017 - 03:37 PM

This thread = our PUGS are better than yours!Posted Image lol

#38 Ripnfly

• PipPipPip
  • The Hawk
  • The Hawk
  • 97 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 24 July 2017 - 04:46 PM

IS trial mechs are not good. It is that simple; that being said after this week of games IS has been utterly dominate.

RACS are very powerful especially for PUG vs PUG.

Most PUG clanners have not figured out how strong ATMS are yet in PUG matches.

Both weapons are average at best in a team environment. IN pugs they are very very good weapons for average players.

#39 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 24 July 2017 - 04:59 PM

View PostVellron2005, on 24 July 2017 - 04:19 AM, said:

Sorry friend Bandito, but you are wrong.. I can attest from personal experience that clan pugs are indeed superior..

During Tuk3, I played both sides, and dropped with lots of pugs.. Clan Pugs would play in an organized fashion, clearly know what to do, where to stand, and what was expected of them.. And during Tuk3, their drive was high, they would go for the win, and personal achievements towards event rewards were secondary (and still achieved without problems)

IS pugs on the other hand, did not play with any semblance of organization, did not know how to open siege doors (I saw them shooting the door itself on multiple drops, different people, I would have to open the door for them after waiting 15 minutes on some occasions), they would stand in doorways and get sniped down, they would trade long range fire when clearly out-ranged, they would not go for objectives to get the win, on many occasions they seemed to be simply not interested in winning, but only to achieve personal event points, and this all had nothing to do with tech or anything like that.

I can conclusively say that without doubt,that when it comes to pugs, the state of FP when the stakes are high, like during Tukayyid events, are EXACTLY true to lore.. Clans are mostly unified in their skill and desire to win, while the great houses of the Inner Sphere are divided, leaderless, and uninterested in the greater good, instead only pursuing personal glory.

When the stakes are not as high, like in regular FP, the IS pugs are still more solo-players, while clan pugs instinctively see FP as "serious play", and instinctively apply more tactics and unified play.

My conclusion is.. yes, Clan Pugs are superior to IS pugs.

I played Tuk3 too, Vell. And I saw Clan pugs perform just as horribly as the worst IS pugs. They were however, propped up by noob-friendly CXL, CSSRM6, and CLRM. Ultimately the premades made the difference, but the tech crutch was there for the worst of the Clan pugs.

#40 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 24 July 2017 - 05:10 PM

Also Clan pugs were just as cowardly and self serving as IS pugs in Tuk3, but on the Clan side they had longer range for the cowardly poke game.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users