104 replies to this topic

#1 Martaloc

• PipPipPip
  • The Fearless
  • The Fearless
  • 50 posts
  • LocationEU

Posted 26 July 2017 - 11:53 AM

Im happy with the new tech cuz new weapons make more interesting and versatile the game .

The Inner Sphera has access for new cannons , ultra's and LBX's but these almost obsolate compared to the rotary ac's. The rotarys are lighter as the previous weapons. Why use for example Ultra 10 cannons when the rotary ac5 is 3 tons lighter? Only for 10 tons weapons you has 10 dmg per sec with very good range and bullet speed,450 m optimal and 900 m max . Yes they can jam but not rare for me that my ultra 10 jam after the second shoot too. Plus when they hit , the enemy player dont see anything from the explosion effects.

When you use such mechs which can equip 2 rotary ac 5 ,less than 3 sec you can blow up some meds when you hit the center torso or rip of one arm .Meds have usualy more than 30 point armor on they arm's so you cant rip out with two gaus riffle but you can with these.

On faction war these rotary's ruin the scout mode as well. Usually from IS side come 4 Buschwacker or Centurion mix they replace the **** ac10 and lbx10 cannons for one rotary 5 ac and one ton extra ammo and slaughter the clan mechs. This is not even funny.

Yes i know that the rotary produce hit in every second and can jam too but i never saw jam these after 5/6 sec either and these 4 heat not so big for every second.

They need some damage reduction for balance ,these weapon not completely new ,there are in the 2002 Mechwarrior Mercenaries game too and that was 15 years ago !!!!
I dont understand why dont use the PGI devs as a sample the Mechwarrior 4 series?Fasa has the copyrights?

Litle off:
Plus it is funny that PGI give the Annihilator, MadCat Mark 2,Uziel and Osiris mechs as new tech when they standard basic mechs from the Mechwarrior 4 in 2000. OMG after 17 years we can play in MWO with these four Posted Image Not to commention that in the Mechwarrior 4 we can play with the IS omnis too, Sunder, Templar and Owens and the others.And finaly when we have the HEAVY GAUSS RIFLE ,but where is the mech who used them? The heavy gauss rifle platform is not the Annihilator but also the FAFNIR 100 tons Lyran assault mech!!! The Annihilator is clan project mech from the Wolfs, there is Annihilator 2c in the clans,Wolf's Dragons mercanaries use Annihilator's from the beginnings ,absolut not new tech! But the Fafnir is the bearing of the heavy gauss not the Annihilator and the Fafnir is after Tukayyd battle , he is the new tech not the Annihilator.

Sory guys for my bad english, this is not my nativ language.

Edited by Martaloc, 26 July 2017 - 11:58 AM.

#2 Metus regem

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts
  • LocationNAIS College of Military Science OCS courses

Posted 26 July 2017 - 12:09 PM

Honestly, the RAC/s are not that good, UAC/s or even normal AC/s are much better... RAC/s suffer a cone of fire mechanic and require a lot of face time on target to be effective... I'd rather take a shoot and twist weapon like an AC/10 or UAC/10 over a RAC/5 any day.

#3 MechaBattler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 5,122 posts

Posted 26 July 2017 - 12:44 PM

Also I'm not sure if it's changed. But RACs don't benefit from cooldown. They have a 'rate of fire' stat instead. So anything with a nice ballistic cooldown has no effect on these particular ballistics.

Perhaps Chris is around to confirm? >_>

#4 davoodoo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 2,496 posts

Posted 26 July 2017 - 12:47 PM

View PostMetus regem, on 26 July 2017 - 12:09 PM, said:

Honestly, the RAC/s are not that good, UAC/s or even normal AC/s are much better... RAC/s suffer a cone of fire mechanic and require a lot of face time on target to be effective... I'd rather take a shoot and twist weapon like an AC/10 or UAC/10 over a RAC/5 any day.

Thats not their problem, their problem is that while 1 rac5 does 40 dmg in 5 seconds, because of spin up the uac5 does the same...

0:00-5
0:50-10
1.66-15
2.16-20
3:12-25
3:62-30
4:78-35
5:28-40

#5 NeonKnight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 567 posts
  • LocationSurrey, BC, Canada

Posted 26 July 2017 - 12:50 PM

Oh Noz! IS has weapons that can dish out some damage.

Now the Clan's UAC5/10/20 aren't the OP Dakka no more :(

#6 davoodoo

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 2,496 posts

Posted 26 July 2017 - 12:52 PM

View PostNeonKnight, on 26 July 2017 - 12:50 PM, said:

Now the Clan's UAC5/10/20 aren't the OP Dakka no more Posted Image

My dual uac10 hbk2c still dishes out more dmg than dual rac5 mauler...

Edited by davoodoo, 26 July 2017 - 12:52 PM.

#7 Metus regem

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts
  • LocationNAIS College of Military Science OCS courses

Posted 26 July 2017 - 12:54 PM

View Postdavoodoo, on 26 July 2017 - 12:52 PM, said:

My dual uac10 hbk2c still dishes out more dmg than dual rac5 mauler...

That's my point a UAC/10 Centurion or Bushwacker is going to be more effective than RAC/5 versions of either of those....

#8 Paigan

• The Blazing
  • The Blazing
  • 2,789 posts

Posted 26 July 2017 - 12:57 PM

I have two kinds of experiences with RACs:

1.)
Most of the time, I see a sh*tstorm of bullets sputtering towards me at long range.
Impressive graphics.
Staggering hit sounds.
Hardly any damage.
(lolz)
Also, you can quite easily avoid a lot of the damage at long range by swaying back and forth. The RAC-shooting Mech has to try and follow you and has no other choice but to miss like 50% of his shots.

2.)
Yesterday, a IS unit with mostly Jagers with RACs marched into our hellbore base and ... just shot everyone. Just like that.
Of course a lot of their strength came from being organized, pushing together with proper builds, etc.
Maybe AC20s or laservomit would have been equally effective or even more.
I just can say it was very impressive.

But I wouldn't call them OP at this point.

#9 Khobai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 23,969 posts

Posted 26 July 2017 - 01:00 PM

RACs are definitely not OP lol

The weapon has so many exploitable flaws its not even funny

Never stand in the open across from someone using RACs, and youll be fine. stay in cover all the time. always have an escape plan. never run a slow mech that cant escape.

#10 Lupis Volk

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 2,126 posts
  • LocationIn the cockpit of the nearest Light Battlemech.

Posted 26 July 2017 - 01:01 PM

Honestly i think RAC's are better than what most of the "doom and gloomers" said they'd be. While they are more suited for mechs that can handle the face time.

#11 ScrapIron Prime

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,880 posts
  • LocationSmack dab in the middle of Ohio

Posted 26 July 2017 - 01:04 PM

You know what really cuts down on the RAC/5's performance? MOVING. If the target moves, he evades or spreads the damage from the relatively slow moving projectiles. If the firer moves, it's a strafe at best. This makes Rotary Autocannons best when stationary firing mechs are using them against nearly stationary targets.

So... movement. So OP.

#12 DaMuchi

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 157 posts

Posted 26 July 2017 - 01:09 PM

imo, RAC5 are only viable because they can blind the poor sap in your sights. and that's the sole reason they can be fielded with acceptable results.

#13 Weeny Machine

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,014 posts
  • LocationAiming for the flat top (B. Murray)

View PostMartaloc, on 26 July 2017 - 11:53 AM, said:

Snip

Seriously? Are you standing there and looking down the barrels of a RAC? After LRMs RACs are one of the easiest weapon to negate imo

#14 Zergling

• The Angel
  • The Angel
  • 2,439 posts

I'm noticing a strong correlation between performance stats and those saying 'RACs are OP!'.

#15 Dee Eight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 26 July 2017 - 01:11 PM

RACs are really only useful if you're the type of person who gets excited or frightened over a chain fire macro with regular autocannons. The only quirks on mechs that are at all applicable to them are ballistic range and velocity quirks. Cooldown and jam reduction quirks have no effect on them. I find they're best suited to mechs with ECM where you can sneak up behind the enemy and hose their rear torso. Cataphract 0XPs for example are perfect for them.

#16 DaMuchi

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 157 posts

View PostZergling, on 26 July 2017 - 01:09 PM, said:

I'm noticing a strong correlation between performance stats and those saying 'RACs are OP!'.

let's not shame people based on their stats but just have a critical and constructive discussion.

#17 C4NC3R

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • 198 posts
  • LocationUSSR

View PostKhobai, on 26 July 2017 - 01:00 PM, said:

RACs are definitely not OP lol

The weapon has so many exploitable flaws its not even funny

Never stand in the open across from someone using RACs, and youll be fine. stay in cover all the time. always have an escape plan. never run a slow mech that cant escape.

Most of people like you Khobai suffering from neither RAC5 itself, but from wrong mastering of the mek.

Heavies who use RAC's usually goes for FP first like 41 or 43 points concidering most widely used weapons such as RAC/AC/UAC/LBX/Gauss, Lazors, Missiles. Than goes for Operation and Survive.

Assaults firstly goes for Survive, like 30+ points, than according to build to Firepower and than only to Operational.

Lights and Meds goes for FP and Mobility first than or Operational and JJ's or Sencors.

Welcome to First Person Battletech MMO RPG son.Posted Image

#18 jss78

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 2,575 posts
  • LocationHelsinki

Posted 26 July 2017 - 01:15 PM

I feel like they're about optimally used on urbies.

Run like a headless chicken among your assaults, and the opfor is more likely to shoot the fatties. So you get that facetime you need.

And you get pretty hilarious games too.

#19 C4NC3R

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • 198 posts
  • LocationUSSR

Posted 26 July 2017 - 01:16 PM

People must understand that RAC's it self aint poptarting, sniping or longrange weapon. It's specification is most narrow from all of a kinds: - CQB, enemy suppression while pushing ONLY.
If you'll decide to split-push like you do with AC/UAC or PPC/Gauss... man, you'll be dead as a red.Posted Image

#20 Zergling

• The Angel
  • The Angel
  • 2,439 posts

Posted 26 July 2017 - 01:17 PM

View PostDaMuchi, on 26 July 2017 - 01:11 PM, said:

let's not shame people based on their stats but just have a critical and constructive discussion.

When their opinions are solely based on their failings as a player, then it is kinda relevant.

Only potatoes think RACs are overpowered, so there isn't any problem with the weapons, it is just the complaining players lacking in skill.

Edited by Zergling, 26 July 2017 - 01:18 PM.

20 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 20 guests, 0 anonymous users