Rotary Ac's Are Op

104 replies to this topic

#81 Vonbach

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 697 posts

Posted 29 July 2017 - 09:19 AM

The only thing OP about Racs is the coolness factor of going WAAAAAAGHHHHDAKKADAKKADAKKA and spraying rounds all over the place.

#82 C4NC3R

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • 198 posts
  • LocationUSSR

Posted 29 July 2017 - 09:38 AM

View PostVonbach, on 29 July 2017 - 09:19 AM, said:

The only thing OP about Racs is the coolness factor of going WAAAAAAGHHHHDAKKADAKKADAKKA and spraying rounds all over the place.

Exactly this are OP in RAC-Mounts)))

Posted Image

Posted Image

#83 Shard Phoenix

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 303 posts
  • LocationPugsville, Pugistan.

Posted 29 July 2017 - 10:11 AM

Haven't played in a long time. Came back to try out the new tech, and wanted to give these silly RAC's a try.

Not a fan. Can see the situational fun when those optimum conditions for effective use happen, but for garden variety play......... Nope, I'll stick to AC/uAC's for my ballistic fun, thanks.

Edited by Shard Phoenix, 29 July 2017 - 10:12 AM.

#84 The6thMessenger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 8,104 posts
  • LocationFrom a distance in an Urbie with a HAG, delivering righteous fury to heretics.

Posted 29 July 2017 - 01:26 PM

View PostMcgral18, on 29 July 2017 - 08:43 AM, said:

THAT would be providing evidence. Saying: " It's in there, trust me bro" is not providing evidence

Yup.

He's been frustrating me ever since mathventure time with RACs. Like his experience is the definitive RAC performance, as if he couldn't just have been unlucky. He expects me to just take his word for it.

You can't reason with unreasonables.

#85 Chuck B

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 253 posts

Posted 29 July 2017 - 01:54 PM

View PostC4NC3R, on 29 July 2017 - 08:37 AM, said:

It's clearly your point of a view, don't say for every one, say for your self. Please.Posted Image

"Sarna says..." ...you always concider truth by everything whats written on the wall? Did ya?
Bring here a FASA Corp. TRO Books than. You'll see the difference. Yes, FASA is no more, Sarna and Harmony Gold bought rights, but does it concidered that they tell truth? Ain't sh!t.

As I say'd: - Yes RAC20 is Lore, but which TRO they belongs, I don't remember, or 3081 extention or TRO3085, or even later. That what I told, and nothing more or less. And since we got BT Wiki where 1000 time a year they editing and proofreading, I litteraly can't concider Sarna Wiki as a proof any more.
Now you have my answer on all your questions. Posted Image

Btw... Mechwarrior 3 and 4 also ain't Lore concidering Sarna and Harmony Gold point of view. But I trust MW3 and 4 more than Sarna cause I play BattleTech since 1988. See the diff now?

There is SOOOOO much wrong here. Sarna, Is a Website/Wiki. They have no rights to the BT IP, Wizkids/topps/hasbro own the IP. HG owns the rights to (macross based)images used in the original tRO 3025 nothing more. Wizkids contracted the rights to make classic Battletech to Fanpro, then CGL. The only people that can declare anything Cannon in the BT universre right now is CGL. Not Sarna or HG.

There is no TRO 3081 or RAC 10/20 those were at best Fan created items. Nothing more. NOt Cannon and not in the BT universe or IP.

#86 Zergling

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Angel
  • The Angel
  • 2,439 posts

Posted 29 July 2017 - 02:43 PM

View PostC4NC3R, on 29 July 2017 - 07:53 AM, said:

TRO3067 is that not exist you say?Posted Image

TRO3067 exists as an official publication, but TRO3069 and TRO3081 do not exist.

Further, TRO3067 has no mention of RAC10 or RAC20, only RAC2 and RAC5.

View PostC4NC3R, on 29 July 2017 - 08:11 AM, said:

Man since you play TT from only Sarna times, I tell you the truth: - Main HGR platforms was Pillager, Annie, Vampire*... and than around TRO3085 a Fafnir. And HGR become as Experimental Tech 2 year before Tukayyd Battle on such 100 tonn platform as Vampire VME-6G who was with Annihilator ANH-3X are first mechs who carried more than one HGR in battle.

Those who played BT TT since FASA times are concidered an ComStar Members comparing to all of you guys. This is axiome.

* In 2004 Vampire 100 tons heavy assault mech was turned into an Experemental Tech than in 2006 striken from the mech list totaly due being a most versatile platform of all times. Lucky Annie and Mackie not been striken out yet.

As someone that played BT since FASA times too, I can confidently say that the 'Vampire 100 tons heavy assault mech' never existed in any official publication.

Further, 2004 is post-FASA era; FASA ceased doing business in 2001. 2002 to 2007 was the FanPro era, and TRO3067 published during this time was a FanPro publication.

View PostC4NC3R, on 29 July 2017 - 08:37 AM, said:

It's clearly your point of a view, don't say for every one, say for your self. Please.Posted Image

"Sarna says..." ...you always concider truth by everything whats written on the wall? Did ya?
Bring here a FASA Corp. TRO Books than. You'll see the difference. Yes, FASA is no more, Sarna and Harmony Gold bought rights, but does it concidered that they tell truth? Ain't sh!t.

As I say'd: - Yes RAC20 is Lore, but which TRO they belongs, I don't remember, or 3081 extention or TRO3085, or even later. That what I told, and nothing more or less. And since we got BT Wiki where 1000 time a year they editing and proofreading, I litteraly can't concider Sarna Wiki as a proof any more.

Now you have my answer on all your questions. Posted Image

Btw... Mechwarrior 3 and 4 also ain't Lore concidering Sarna and Harmony Gold point of view. But I trust MW3 and 4 more than Sarna cause I play BattleTech since 1988. See the diff now?

Sarna never bought any rights to Battletech; they are just a fan wiki. HG never bought rights to anything from Battletech either, although they claim rights to the Unseen.

RAC20 isn't lore, it was a fan invention from Mechforce UK.

View PostC4NC3R, on 29 July 2017 - 08:49 AM, said:

I'd rather do an Sarna Wiki Edit than gonna clear my garage to find a TRO bookPosted Image Posted Image Posted Image

I have TRO3067 on my bookshelf; it does not have any mention of RAC10 or RAC20, only the canon RAC2 and RAC5.

#87 C4NC3R

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • 198 posts
  • LocationUSSR

Posted 29 July 2017 - 03:45 PM

View PostZergling, on 29 July 2017 - 02:43 PM, said:

Further, 2004 is post-FASA era; FASA ceased doing business in 2001. 2002 to 2007 was the FanPro era, and TRO3067 published during this time was a FanPro publication.

Sarna never bought any rights to Battletech; they are just a fan wiki. HG never bought rights to anything from Battletech either, although they claim rights to the Unseen.

RAC20 isn't lore, it was a fan invention from Mechforce UK.

I have TRO3067 on my bookshelf; it does not have any mention of RAC10 or RAC20, only the canon RAC2 and RAC5.

RAC10 and RAC20 wasn't in TRO3067... whenever it was later added and mostly concidered as Lore despite it was creation of FASA, FanPro or else.
Also I didn't said that RAC20 was in TRO3067.
About VME... probably was taken-off the lists during FanPro era.

#88 Zergling

• The Angel
  • The Angel
  • 2,439 posts

Posted 29 July 2017 - 04:20 PM

View PostC4NC3R, on 29 July 2017 - 03:45 PM, said:

RAC10 and RAC20 wasn't in TRO3067... whenever it was later added and mostly concidered as Lore despite it was creation of FASA, FanPro or else.
Also I didn't said that RAC20 was in TRO3067.
About VME... probably was taken-off the lists during FanPro era.

RAC10 and RAC20 has never appeared in any official rule book, nor on any official designs in any official TRO or sourcebook.
And even if they were added after TRO3067, it would be in the FanPro or Catalyst era, not FASA.

VME was never on any lists before or during FanPro era. The mech simply didn't exist in an official source. If you have proof saying otherwise, please provide it.

Edited by Zergling, 29 July 2017 - 04:25 PM.

#89 LordSkippy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 451 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 29 July 2017 - 05:18 PM

Two points about RACs:
  • RACs are horrible - the face time, the damage spread, the heat!
  • RACs are glorious - the dakkadakkadakka just brings a smile to the face, and enemies tend to back away!

#90 GabrielSun

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 171 posts

Posted 29 July 2017 - 05:58 PM

RACs are the new LRM for the second rate playerbase. Literally the only times it is effective is when you get caught in the open in a slower mech and the guy firing the RACs, who is going to overheat shortly, has someone right with them to pick up the slack and prevent you from instantly killing them.

#91 Pxranger

• PipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 49 posts
  • LocationEastern Kentucky

Posted 29 July 2017 - 09:17 PM

I've had a lot of fun with them, best combo I've found is a pair of RAC/5's and a pair of UAC/5's on my anni. Not terribly effective unless the stars align, usually in a hard push, got a few games over 1000 damage with that combo, only reason it works is people are ignoring the flashes from the RAC and don't notice the UAC ripping their guts out Posted Image.

#92 Vonbach

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 697 posts

Posted 29 July 2017 - 10:21 PM

View PostLordSkippy, on 29 July 2017 - 05:18 PM, said:

Two points about RACs:
  • RACs are horrible - the face time, the damage spread, the heat!
  • RACs are glorious - the dakkadakkadakka just brings a smile to the face, and enemies tend to back away!

The one thing that RACs are good at is suppression. Especially in faction play.
They terrify enemy pilots and blind them so they do what 99% of the pilots do
and back off. Hopefully into the guns of your team.

#93 Ryllen Kriel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 754 posts
  • LocationBetween the last bottle and the next.

Posted 29 July 2017 - 11:55 PM

RACs are not that impressive. You too can see this as a Clanner OP in four easy steps!

1.) Buy an Inner Sphere mech
2.) Buy a couple of RACs
3.) Run it in Quick Play
4.) Go back to running Ultras, ACs or LBs

Or...save yourself the c-bills. I tried them extensively, I don't run them on any of my mechs.

#94 The6thMessenger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 8,104 posts
  • LocationFrom a distance in an Urbie with a HAG, delivering righteous fury to heretics.

Posted 30 July 2017 - 02:19 AM

View PostRyllen Kriel, on 29 July 2017 - 11:55 PM, said:

RACs are not that impressive. You too can see this as a Clanner OP in four easy steps!

1.) Buy an Inner Sphere mech
2.) Buy a couple of RACs
3.) Run it in Quick Play
4.) Go back to running Ultras, ACs or LBs

Or...save yourself the c-bills. I tried them extensively, I don't run them on any of my mechs.

Or you can get an Urbanmech, put RAC5 and Lasers. Then have fun.

UM-R63 RAC5 Dakka - RAC5 [450] + 2x ERML

Yeah, it's not impressive. But for some reason, Urbies can pull it off. And that reason is because, Urbies are ******* OP.

Edited by The6thMessenger, 30 July 2017 - 02:27 AM.

#95 Chados

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,948 posts
  • LocationSomewhere...over the Rainbow

Posted 30 July 2017 - 04:35 AM

Rotaries aren't godly unless you get stuck on terrain or blocked by teammates from moving out of the way. They're annoying because you can't see when one is hitting you. They're good, but not overpowered.

#96 Steel Claws

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 665 posts
  • LocationKansas

Posted 30 July 2017 - 07:41 AM

Oh I don't know - I think they are kinda meh. They spray all over the place. Unless your in something big and slow you can spread the damage pretty easy.

Which brings me to the second Meh weapon - light gauss. They just weigh too much for the damage they do. All the other gauss rifles do at least one point damage per ton. LG is .667 damage per ton.They either need to drop the weight to 8 tons or increase the damage to 10-12. Just no compelling reason to take them.

#97 kesmai

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 2,429 posts
  • LocationPirate's Bay

Posted 30 July 2017 - 09:25 AM

Light gauss is bestest gauss.
You will shudder in fear.

Kek

#98 Nema Nabojiv

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,783 posts
  • LocationUA

Posted 30 July 2017 - 10:19 AM

View PostGabrielSun, on 29 July 2017 - 05:58 PM, said:

RACs are the new LRM for the second rate playerbase.

[Redacted]

Ultimately people dont understand that RAC are OP not because they do OP damage but because they hinder the other's guy ability to do damage.

Edited by draiocht, 11 August 2017 - 03:05 PM.
unconstructive

#99 Steel Claws

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 665 posts
  • LocationKansas

Posted 30 July 2017 - 10:19 AM

View Postkesmai, on 30 July 2017 - 09:25 AM, said:

Light gauss is bestest gauss.
You will shudder in fear.

Kek

Lets put this in perspective. ERLs do more damage and don't explode. Have the same range. Are instant hit and you can load 2 of them and 2 heat sinks for the weight of a light gauss and that's before loading gauss ammo. Did I miss anything?

Edited by Steel Claws, 30 July 2017 - 10:20 AM.

#100 ArctykWolf

Rookie

• 8 posts

Posted 26 August 2017 - 04:43 PM

Lol another "That weapon lilled me so it's OP" post....lol. Thank all that is good for pathetic babies crying over stupid stuff....the resulting laughter for everyone has a healing affect.

29 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 29 guests, 0 anonymous users