• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,049 posts

Posted 26 August 2017 - 06:40 PM

View PostKhobai, on 26 July 2017 - 01:00 PM, said:

RACs are definitely not OP lol

The weapon has so many exploitable flaws its not even funny

Never stand in the open across from someone using RACs, and youll be fine. stay in cover all the time. always have an escape plan. never run a slow mech that cant escape.

Use ams amd ec- wait. This isn't lrms.

#103 The6thMessenger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 8,104 posts
  • LocationFrom a distance in an Urbie with a HAG, delivering righteous fury to heretics.

Posted 26 August 2017 - 07:01 PM

View PostSmites, on 26 August 2017 - 06:17 PM, said:

Rotary ACs are fine. Posted Image

No they are not. They aren't OP either. Their mechanics that would endanger players don't provide a net benefit. Well understandably the RAC5 has okay damage output, but the RAC2 have terrible damage output that you're better off with an actual AC5 of the same tonnage.

But how they put their damage out there, taking account of the facetime and the spinup-time, it loses out on everything else despite the RAC5 having good damage output.

If anything, the RAC needs a tweak, and the RAC2 needs a buff.

Here's my basis: https://mwomercs.com...-time-with-rac/

#104 Angel of Annihilation

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,881 posts

Posted 27 August 2017 - 08:43 AM

View PostDaMuchi, on 26 July 2017 - 01:09 PM, said:

imo, RAC5 are only viable because they can blind the poor sap in your sights. and that's the sole reason they can be fielded with acceptable results.

This is definitely one of the big pluses of RACs. I had at least a few matches where I got blindsided by RACs and was so blind and disorientated that I couldn't effectively determine where the fire was coming and was unable to put up any defense or find my way into cover. I was obliterated pretty quickly because of it.

Another plus is suppression fire. Doesn't really matter if your doing alot of damage with them, you can completely suppress multiple enemies with them. Had at least one recent circumstance where I held a entire flank by myself because I was just spraying lead at any of the enemy that came around the corner. I wasn't doing much damage but I singlehandly prevented 4 enemy mechs from rounding our flank and hitting us from behind. If I had any other weapon, they would have just rushed me and obliterated my mech. As it was, I held them back for like a minute or longer which gave my team time to react and move to support me on the flank.

Also, their damage can actually be pretty devastating if catch an enemy in the open, unaware or perhaps distracted by another of your teammates.

On the negative side, they are virtually useless in peek and poke fighting and as others have mentioned, a mech actively attempting to evade will render 50-70% of your fire useless. Because of that, you can't really rely on a RAC. Instead you need to use them as support weapons and make sure you have decent backup firepower to use when using RACs aren't feesable.

#105 DrSaphron

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 157 posts

Posted 27 August 2017 - 08:58 AM

Only thing OP about RACs is the blinding effect, kinda hard to twist and cover if you can't see. This is why the flamers got nerfed, graphically, because it only took 1 to blind another player.

11 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 11 guests, 0 anonymous users