36 replies to this topic

#21 Void Angel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 6,601 posts
  • LocationParanoiaville

Posted 05 January 2024 - 05:15 PM

Less with the 5D - but since the PPC has no stare time, you're still better off. I'd actually recommend you swap to standard Medium Lasers, though. If you're using the lasers, you're in a staring contest, which should mean you're not fighting from cover. The extra heat capacity to fire your ERPPC and MRMs is probably more important.

Alternatively, you could just Ditch Lasers Altogether. Not as much theoretical max DPS, but slightly cooler, and longer-ranged - plus you only have to juggle two firing patterns for your guns.

#22 w0qj

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 3,421 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 06 January 2024 - 08:37 AM

You forgot about that MAD-9M(C) mech Posted Image

But seriously, you have the MAD-9M(S) from the MW5 pre-order?
Jealous!! Posted Image

Just got my MAD-9M(C) from the current Champion+Hero mech sale, and stack it with +CBills bonus cockpit items!
So in the end, my MAD-9M(C) would have: +25% CBills bonus, and +15% XP Bonus! (faints) Posted Image

View PostKen Harkin, on 04 January 2024 - 06:19 AM, said:

My thing is the 75 ton Marauder is my FAVORITE chassis.
1 MAD-3R(S)
2 MAD-3R
2 MAD-5D
1 MAD-5M
3 MAD-BH2
1 MAD-9M(S)
1 MAD-5M(P)
1 MAD-B(LGD)

AC20 MAD? Got it
RAC MAD? Got it
LBX MAD? Got it
LRM MAD? Got it
SRM MAD? Got it
MRM MAD? Got it
Gauss MAD? Got it
UAC MAD? Got it

You could say I have Mad Love.

I think I need to get another 9M...

oh, and if we are talking new tech MADs... the 5D has a perfect hardpoint for a BLC to pair up with a MRM40 on the other side and 4 ERML.

Edited by w0qj, 06 January 2024 - 08:38 AM.

#23 DavidStarr

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 708 posts
  • LocationUkraine

Posted 06 January 2024 - 02:31 PM

Wait, what C-bill bonus cockpit items?? Are they purchasable?

I'm having a lot of fun with this BH2 build, and I'm on the verge of entering Tier 4, finally! It wasn't just the Bounty Hunter, I played a few other strong mechs, but not many. This is one of my heavy hitters.
https://mwo.nav-alph...49f2408_MAD-BH2
No new tech here, though. I think this is the most successful build of the many I tried. I also love dual RAC-5 MAD-3R.

Pity there is no RAC-10. Is there anything like that in Battletech?

Edited by DavidStarr, 06 January 2024 - 02:42 PM.

#24 Ken Harkin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 336 posts
  • LocationLong Island, New York, USA

Posted 06 January 2024 - 06:34 PM

Nice BH2 build. Note that the LFE 280 is the same weight as the 275 but gives you a couple more kph.

I'd take the ammo out of the arm and either add half a ton per leg or put 2 tons in one and one in the other with CASE. Your arms often get hit and if it goes you lose 3 ML.

#25 Ken Harkin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 336 posts

Posted 06 January 2024 - 06:40 PM

View Postw0qj, on 06 January 2024 - 08:37 AM, said:

You forgot about that MAD-9M(C) mech Posted Image

Just bought the9M(C) this morning. The S is my MRM60 build the new one has 2 LRM20+A, 4ERML, TAG, BEAGLE, LFE280 ammo, and DHS.

Had fun with it using the TAG to direct fire in the 600+m range

#26 w0qj

• The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 3,421 posts

Posted 06 January 2024 - 08:28 PM

You can chain-fire 3x UAC10 on your MAD-IIC-A for a Clan pseudo-RAC10 Posted Image

I could not find the TTB video from about 2 years ago when the MAD-IIC-A(S) was freely given out, but you get the idea...
https://www.youtube....TTBprime/videos

View PostDavidStarr, on 06 January 2024 - 02:31 PM, said:

I'm having a lot of fun with this BH2 build, and I'm on the verge of entering Tier 4, finally! It wasn't just the Bounty Hunter, I played a few other strong mechs, but not many. This is one of my heavy hitters.
https://mwo.nav-alph...49f2408_MAD-BH2
No new tech here, though. I think this is the most successful build of the many I tried. I also love dual RAC-5 MAD-3R.

Pity there is no RAC-10. Is there anything like that in Battletech?

Edited by w0qj, 06 January 2024 - 08:28 PM.

#27 w0qj

• The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 3,421 posts

Posted 06 January 2024 - 10:36 PM

I love it that MWO does not advertisement much for these +CBills bonus cockpit items Posted Image

Let's concentrate on the existing ways of getting these:
+5% CBills Bonus hanging cockpit item
+5% CBills Bonus standing cockpit item

0. Look in your existing Mech cockpit inventory and look for (usually hanging) item description that says "earns a 5% CBills bonus".
~Select an IS mech, [MechBay]>>[Cockpit]>>[Owned]
~Select a Clan mech, [MechBay]>>[Cockpit]>>[Owned]

1. By far the easiest way is to acquire (aka buy) these from the New Player Packs (IS/Clan Light/Medium/Heavy/Assault).
https://mwomercs.com/store/bundles
1x +5% CBills Bonus hanging cockpit item, locked for IS or Clan faction
1x +5% CBills Bonus standing cockpit item, locked for IS or Clan faction

2. You might have received a few bonus CBills hanging cockpit item(s) from those few rare Events a few times each year.
The most recent one was the Faction Play Weekend Challenge about half a year ago.
(The Event Redemption page itself does not even mention that the "Crusader Hanging Item" has a +5% CBills bonus to it !!)
https://mwomercs.com/events/531

3. Each of the Legendary mechs have a Battlepass that usually gives you 3x +5% CBills Bonus hanging cockpit item.
https://mwomercs.com/legends

4. The new big mech packs have time-limited Challenge Events that also gives you a number of +5% CBills Bonus hanging cockpit item. The most recent one is the Longbow Challenge Event:
https://mwomercs.com/events
https://mwomercs.com/store

5. Tournament Supporter Packs for the past few years (available each year around August/September to November) gives you a number of +5% CBills Bonus standing cockpit items. It's really hard to get CBills Bonus standing cockpit items!

6. The Annual (Loyalty) Rewards sometimes gives you a few CBills Bonus hanging or standingcockpit items.
Except that the 2023 Annual (Loyalty) Rewards did not give you any of these Posted Image
(MWO, this lack of +5% CBills bonus standing cockpit item is sorely missed, hint hint!)
https://mwomercs.com...program-returns

View PostDavidStarr, on 06 January 2024 - 02:31 PM, said:

Edited by w0qj, 12 January 2024 - 05:53 AM.

#28 DavidStarr

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 708 posts
  • LocationUkraine

Posted 07 January 2024 - 01:32 AM

Amazing encyclopedic answer as always, thank you w0qj!

#29 DavidStarr

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 708 posts
  • LocationUkraine

Posted 07 January 2024 - 01:45 AM

View PostKen Harkin, on 06 January 2024 - 06:34 PM, said:

Nice BH2 build. Note that the LFE 280 is the same weight as the 275 but gives you a couple more kph.

Oh yes, I should have edited it before sharing the loadout. The reason I have 275 is simply that I had it, and not 280.
C-Bills are a very limited resource in this game.

View PostKen Harkin, on 06 January 2024 - 06:34 PM, said:

I'd take the ammo out of the arm and either add half a ton per leg or put 2 tons in one and one in the other with CASE. Your arms often get hit and if it goes you lose 3 ML.

Maybe you're right, but my idea was that arm ammo goes before leg ammo. And there is some time before you start receiving critical hits to that specific arm, so you are likely to be able to shoot that one ton no problem.

Of course, CASE weighs nothing so you should always equip it as long as there are free slots. There is space for one more CASE in my loadout.
Oh, and by the way, it's not my loadout, I found it in the forums, probably in this very topic! The only thing I changes was move one ton of ammo to the arm and replace ERML with regular MLs. This loadout is hot enough already.

Edited by DavidStarr, 07 January 2024 - 01:49 AM.

#30 Void Angel

• The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 6,601 posts
  • LocationParanoiaville

Posted 07 January 2024 - 07:54 PM

View PostDavidStarr, on 07 January 2024 - 01:45 AM, said:

C-Bills are a very limited resource in this game.

Only in the beginning. I have 153million c-bills right now.

#31 DavidStarr

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 708 posts
  • LocationUkraine

Posted 08 January 2024 - 06:35 AM

I've got over 1000 hours, so not a veteran, but wouldn't call it a beginning either. I have 18 mil from the holiday grind with the hero mechs and event premium time, and that's it. And only 86 mechs, half of which are hero and special ones (i. e. not bought for c-bills).

I even had to sell a few mechs a long time ago, which I kinda regret now.

Edited by DavidStarr, 08 January 2024 - 06:35 AM.

#32 Ken Harkin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 336 posts

Posted 08 January 2024 - 06:35 AM

Currently sitting on 832,478,464 C-Bills :-)

Of course I remember buying my first mech with the C-Bills from training. I got a Raven 3L and ran it for a long time. I still play it from time to time for fun. The first mech pack I purchased for cash was the Resistance pack. Once the Unseen came out I needed to get those. Mostly I have purchased a couple packs a year, usually at $20 - $30 each. I can't pinpoint the exact tipping point where I had more C-Bills than I knew what to do with. I think it happened when we went from Mech Modules to the skill tree and there was an enormous influx of C-Bills. Throw in the numerous Premium time event rewards, chassis giving +50%, items giving +5% and before I knew it I had a mountain of C-Bills and 356 mechs.

For all the frustration from PGI though I have to say, this is my favorite game and I have played it for a long time. I wasn't a founder or in the beta but I showed up soon after. Given the enormous amount of hours of fun I think my real world $ contribution hasn't been unreasonable.

#33 Ken Harkin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 336 posts

Posted 08 January 2024 - 06:55 AM

View PostDavidStarr, on 08 January 2024 - 06:35 AM, said:

I've got over 1000 hours, so not a veteran, but wouldn't call it a beginning either.

This may sound nuts but how do you find your hours played in your profile? I can see I have played 14,989 matches but nothing showing time played.

#34 DavidStarr

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 708 posts
  • LocationUkraine

Posted 08 January 2024 - 07:22 AM

View PostKen Harkin, on 08 January 2024 - 06:55 AM, said:

This may sound nuts but how do you find your hours played in your profile? I can see I have played 14,989 matches but nothing showing time played.

Oh, you made a great point! I'm playing through Steam (and that's the Steam hours played figure), but I wasn't always.
In the "Maps" section of the stats page there is time played per map, which we can add together, but that doesn't count the time spent in the garage, and also I'm not sure they started recording these stats since the beginning. So it may not be total time played, only time played since a certain date when they started collecting the stats.

#35 Ken Harkin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 336 posts

Posted 08 January 2024 - 07:51 AM

Adding up all the map time brings me to 1,755.104 hours or 73.12935 days in drops. Damn... don't let my wife know I have spent 2.5 months out of nearly the last decade playing MWO!

#36 DavidStarr

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 708 posts
  • LocationUkraine

Posted 08 January 2024 - 08:17 AM

So well into 2000 hrs with the garage time included, but it's not THAT much more than I've got, not 46 times more (your 832 million divided by my 18). The difference, of course, is all those purchases you've made. I only ever purchased two packs - it was a GREAT purchase, though. The Steam packs offer insane value. Sadly, there are no more of them, I wish they'd have done the same but with various other mechs.

P. S. Actually, now that I'm looking at them, the new Steam packs are also pretty good. Way better than what the MWO web store offers.

Edited by DavidStarr, 08 January 2024 - 08:21 AM.

#37 Void Angel

• The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 6,601 posts
  • LocationParanoiaville

Posted 08 January 2024 - 08:32 AM

View PostDavidStarr, on 08 January 2024 - 06:35 AM, said:

I've got over 1000 hours, so not a veteran, but wouldn't call it a beginning either. I have 18 mil from the holiday grind with the hero mechs and event premium time, and that's it. And only 86 mechs, half of which are hero and special ones (i. e. not bought for c-bills).

I even had to sell a few mechs a long time ago, which I kinda regret now.

Haha! I almost pointed out that my c-bill account is small potatoes compared to a lot of long-time players. =)

Very often you'll regret selling 'mechs - but never sell your last engine of any rating. =) I generally kept at least two, when I still had a reasonably small amount of c-bills.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users