- - - - -

What Is The I.s. Minimum Distance For Lrms?

20 replies to this topic

#1 TooDumbToQuit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • 1,539 posts

Posted 21 August 2017 - 06:10 PM

80m or 120M?

Or something totally else.....

#2 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,666 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 21 August 2017 - 06:15 PM

180m for isLRMS, 90m for isPPC and several of the newer isPPC versions. isERPPC and Snobnose PPC do not have min range (double check this later)

Edited by Tarl Cabot, 21 August 2017 - 06:16 PM.

#3 Tier5 Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,049 posts

Posted 21 August 2017 - 06:17 PM

View PostTarl Cabot, on 21 August 2017 - 06:15 PM, said:

180m for isLRMS, 90m for isPPC and several of the newer isPPC versions. isERPPC and Snobnose PPC do not have min range (double check this later)

All correct.

Also rockets 50m.

Edited by Teer Kerensky, 21 August 2017 - 06:19 PM.

#4 Jingseng

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 962 posts

Posted 21 August 2017 - 06:23 PM

120m is C-ATM

but also do note that your weapons loadout in the lower right corner will show your LRMs grey out if your reticle is over something within min range (true of all min range weaponry).

Also, if all else fails, watch for the confetti to bounce off... then back pedal screaming for help.

#5 TooDumbToQuit

• The Death Wish
  • 1,539 posts

Posted 21 August 2017 - 06:23 PM

Thanks!

#6 TooDumbToQuit

• The Death Wish
  • 1,539 posts

Posted 21 August 2017 - 06:28 PM

View PostJingseng, on 21 August 2017 - 06:23 PM, said:

120m is C-ATM

but also do note that your weapons loadout in the lower right corner will show your LRMs grey out if your reticle is over something within min range (true of all min range weaponry).

Also, if all else fails, watch for the confetti to bounce off... then back pedal screaming for help.

Thanks, and by the way, I've tested it at the range and C-ATMs lose damage when you get closer than 270m. They do lesser damage from 270m to 120m as you get closer. So 270-350m or so is the sweet spot. I'm been mixing LRMs and C-ATMS and it works.

#7 TooDumbToQuit

• The Death Wish
  • 1,539 posts

Posted 21 August 2017 - 06:35 PM

View PostTeer Kerensky, on 21 August 2017 - 06:17 PM, said:

All correct.

Also rockets 50m.

Wow, that explains some things. I wondered why those Rockets did not take out that Mech's back and now I know. I was within 20m. Heavy and Light PPCs are 90m.

All minimum distances have been deleted from descriptions of all missile/rocket weapons.

I've not really used them yet but MRMs?

#8 Jingseng

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 962 posts

Posted 21 August 2017 - 07:44 PM

MRMs are basically "long SRMs". They are just weaker srms that have longer range and tube count. No min.

#9 The Basilisk

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,270 posts
  • LocationFrankfurt a.M.

Posted 22 August 2017 - 01:01 AM

View PostLikeUntoGod, on 21 August 2017 - 06:28 PM, said:

Thanks, and by the way, I've tested it at the range and C-ATMs lose damage when you get closer than 270m. They do lesser damage from 270m to 120m as you get closer. So 270-350m or so is the sweet spot. I'm been mixing LRMs and C-ATMS and it works.

No sorry dude that is outright wrong.
ATMs do 3 dmg per missile from 120 to 270m (if unskilled) have a linear dmg decline from 270 to 350m to 2dmg flat up to 540m and decline again to 1 dmg per missile from 560 to 1100m.

#10 Mechwarrior4670152

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 411 posts

Posted 24 August 2017 - 11:43 AM

View PostLikeUntoGod, on 21 August 2017 - 06:35 PM, said:

All minimum distances have been deleted from descriptions of all missile/rocket weapons.

Not quite.

You look at the range chart you get when you hover your mouse over the weapon, that still shows 0 damage within the minimum range.

#11 TooDumbToQuit

• The Death Wish
  • 1,539 posts

Posted 24 August 2017 - 01:13 PM

View PostThe Basilisk, on 22 August 2017 - 01:01 AM, said:

ATMs do 3 dmg per missile from 120 to 270m (if unskilled) have a linear dmg decline from 270 to 350m to 2dmg flat up to 540m and decline again to 1 dmg per missile from 560 to 1100m.

I'm 100% sure you are right.

I think the turrets maybe are messed up. Plus, when PGI changed turrets in Inclusion where they cannot be targetted they went to all turrets everywhere including the Academy. So it is probably as I get closer I'm simply missing more.

My bad.

#12 TooDumbToQuit

• The Death Wish
  • 1,539 posts

Posted 24 August 2017 - 01:21 PM

View PostWence the Wanderer, on 24 August 2017 - 11:43 AM, said:

Not quite.

You look at the range chart you get when you hover your mouse over the weapon, that still shows 0 damage within the minimum range.

Thanks, but that's a little late for me to know...lol. Maybe it works on a test map and I can test it there. And I still stand by what I said, in the mech lab etc, All minimum distances have been deleted from descriptions of all missile/rocket weapons.

#13 Mechwarrior4670152

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 411 posts

Posted 24 August 2017 - 01:25 PM

View PostLikeUntoGod, on 24 August 2017 - 01:21 PM, said:

Thanks, but that's a little late for me to know...lol. Maybe it works on a test map and I can test it there. And I still stand by what I said, in the mech lab etc, All minimum distances have been deleted from descriptions of all missile/rocket weapons.

I was referring to in the mechlab.

Give me a minute and I can even give a screenshot

Here ya go

Edited by Wence the Wanderer, 24 August 2017 - 01:29 PM.

#14 TooDumbToQuit

• The Death Wish
  • 1,539 posts

Posted 24 August 2017 - 01:41 PM

View PostWence the Wanderer, on 24 August 2017 - 01:25 PM, said:

I was referring to in the mechlab.

Give me a minute and I can even give a screenshot

Here ya go

Ahhh, I see what you are saying. They did take it off where it was on the top of the weapon and was stated clearly, but they still have it on a graph at the bottom.

I'm going to still complain a little because how does this, for example, tell me it is 50ms?

Posted Image

Thanks my friend, as normal I miss things. Until I got the 10 power magnifying glass, I did not know there was a thing called a "Quirk".

#15 Mechwarrior4670152

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 411 posts

Posted 24 August 2017 - 01:46 PM

View PostLikeUntoGod, on 24 August 2017 - 01:41 PM, said:

Ahhh, I see what you are saying. They did take it off where it was on the top of the weapon and was stated clearly, but they still have it on a graph at the bottom.

I'm going to still complain a little because how does this, for example, tell me it is 50ms?

50 meters exactly? It doesn't.
But it DOES tell you that there is a dead zone between 0 and 375 meters.
It doesn't take much using them to figure out exactly where it is at.
(and there is this wonderful thing in game for testing things like that out. They even label it testing grounds for those who need their hands held)

I for one am grateful that they do not. I am very tired of games holding our hands on everything.
To say nothing of people expecting the games to tell us everything.
(While being very much aware that I am probably in the minority on that)

View PostLikeUntoGod, on 24 August 2017 - 01:41 PM, said:

Until I got the 10 power magnifying glass, I did not know there was a thing called a "Quirk".

Sound more like an issue with your eyes (or more likely your monitor) than the game to me. Posted Image

My monitor runs 1980x1020 and they are easy enough to read on mine.

Edited by Wence the Wanderer, 24 August 2017 - 01:47 PM.

#16 TooDumbToQuit

• The Death Wish
  • 1,539 posts

Posted 24 August 2017 - 01:49 PM

View PostThe Basilisk, on 22 August 2017 - 01:01 AM, said:

Thanks again. I found a graph for it thanks to Wence the Wanderer.

Posted Image

Back in the day, we would say "Trust But Verify". Now, this is a game world where I guess everything does exactly what it is supposed to do.

We simply did not believe when told about something until we field tested it. Ourselves.

I think the problem is those turrets are small and maybe the full load is not landing. Plus, they can do longer be targeted.

#17 TooDumbToQuit

• The Death Wish
  • 1,539 posts

Posted 24 August 2017 - 02:01 PM

View PostWence the Wanderer, on 24 August 2017 - 01:46 PM, said:

50 meters exactly? It doesn't.
But it DOES tell you that there is a dead zone between 0 and 375 meters.
It doesn't take much using them to figure out exactly where it is at.
(and there is this wonderful thing in game for testing things like that out. They even label it testing grounds for those who need their hands held)

I for one am grateful that they do not. I am very tired of games holding our hands on everything.
To say nothing of people expecting the games to tell us everything.
(While being very much aware that I am probably in the minority on that)

Sound more like an issue with your eyes (or more likely your monitor) than the game to me. Posted Image

My monitor runs 1980x1020 and they are easy enough to read on mine.

Yeah, I was legally blind until a series of eye surgeries over the last two and a half years. And I have almost no depth perception and I'm color blind. Plus my PC is maxed out with a GTX 550. So my settings are on low and the first time I see or know someone is around is when I take a hit. Once, a guy on the other team told me he is going to take my head off. I had no idea where he was. But a gauss round took off my head.

I've never played "shooter" games and I should go back to Total War but it is complicated to load and worse with the Mods which are very cool. I find this to be like crack must be like. A 10-12 minute rush and then a break. And average Total War "campaign", not just a battle takes months and hours to do one turn and battles are an hour.

But I have all this PT so...unless I get my money back, I'm hitting this game from time to time.

There is always chess and other games but face it, you do not have to tax your brain to play this game. My brain is old, damaged, slow from lack of use and just tired.

#18 Mechwarrior4670152

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 411 posts

Posted 24 August 2017 - 02:12 PM

View PostLikeUntoGod, on 24 August 2017 - 02:01 PM, said:

There is always chess and other games but face it, you do not have to tax your brain to play this game. My brain is old, damaged, slow from lack of use and just tired.

I apologize for being a little harsh then.

Most of the local gamers I deal with daily are skirmishtards of the first degree (and won't touch games like this with a 1k foot pole either) It doesn't take much being told how every game that doesn't have auto-aim (or aim assist) sucks for the lack of it before you start getting excited for games that only hint about their stats. Posted Image

#19 TooDumbToQuit

• The Death Wish
  • 1,539 posts

Posted 24 August 2017 - 02:17 PM

I guess I read graphs wrong. For instance, to me, this looks like it says there is a dead zone between 0 and "somewhere short" of 1125m.

And I admit, I like clearly written descriptions of things. This is a game so it is not as important as real life but leaving someone to guess or figure out how to use an FGM-77 (M47 Dragon) ...anyway, a different time and a different world.

I did appreciate your help.

View PostWence the Wanderer, on 24 August 2017 - 02:12 PM, said:

I apologize for being a little harsh then.

skirmishtards

Skirmishtards, lol, I love it.

#20 Tier5 Kerensky

• Bridesmaid
  • 2,049 posts

Posted 24 August 2017 - 02:31 PM

If you tested the damage againts turrets in academy then as there is no ATM 1 launcher, the spread of severam missiles will make some of the missiles miss such a small target.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users