#21 Kaptain

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,284 posts
  • LocationNorth America

Posted 27 July 2017 - 03:06 PM

Glad to see the skill tree fix

No fix for stealth armor displaying fake "empty" slots that are actually slots in use? (pts issue)
No fix for stealth armor causing the slot usage numbers to misrepresent the number of slots free/in use? (pts issue)

Good to see stealth armor not being countered by Bap/ECM/UAV (I knew this was the case back in CB just couldn't get anyone to test it with me)
-I do not feel PPC should counter SA.
-I agree Narc and Tag should counter SA.

The Stealth Armor No Capturing rule is not needed. Stealth armor is already weak it doesn't need any more trade offs. I seriously wonder if PGI plans to nerf ECM even more than they already have as a "buff" to SA? Because right now SA is expensive and very very niche.

Still no buff to Class One Jump Jets? Seriously they weigh 2 tons each, quit talking about it and schedule the engineering time (or whatever excuse was given in the last interview) and buff them, please.

STILL NO TRAMPOLINE JUMP JET FIX? How many years must we experience this?

Edited by Kaptain, 27 July 2017 - 03:12 PM.

#22 HGAK47

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 971 posts

Posted 27 July 2017 - 03:09 PM

Really not sure how I feel about PPC`s disabling stealth armour. Tag and Narc could use more to make them worthwhile.

But if you insist I have some PPC mechs that will like this. Too bad my pirates bane hates it.

#23 NocturnalBeast

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts
  • LocationDusting off my Mechs.

Posted 27 July 2017 - 03:09 PM

View PostKaptain, on 27 July 2017 - 03:06 PM, said:

Glad to see the skill tree fix

Still no fix for stealth armor displaying fake "empty" slots that are actually slots in use? (pts issue)
Still no fix for stealth armor causing the slot usage numbers to misrepresent the number of slots free/in use? (pts issue)

Good to see stealth armor not being countered by Bap/ECM/UAV (I knew this was the case back in CB just couldn't get anyone to test it with me)

I do not feel PPC should counter SA. I agree Narc and Tag should.

The Stealth Armor No Capturing rule is not needed. Stealth armor is already weak it doesn't need any more trade offs. I seriously wonder if PGI plans to nerf ECM even more than they already have as a "buff" to SA.

True, but comparing modern technology to BATTLETECH technology is like comparing a medieval knight in shining armor to a modern main battle tank.

Edited by Ed Steele, 27 July 2017 - 03:12 PM.

#24 Commander A9

• Mercenary Rank 8
  • 2,375 posts
  • LocationGDI East Coast Command, Fort Dix, NJ

Posted 27 July 2017 - 03:11 PM

I think the whole point of Civil War was the break balance and test out the impact of handicaps placed upon one side or another...

Russ has already said that he doesn't want one side winning all the time...which means we're going to see new artificial handicaps, tonnage mismatches, and other restrictions thrown in the face of players to avoid consistent victory achieved by only one Faction.

Player skill is not defined by victory or defeat-it is defined by the players' abilities to adapt and overcome the restrictions placed upon them by PGI. I've never before seen this kind of behavior from a developer.

#25 NocturnalBeast

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts

Posted 27 July 2017 - 03:14 PM

View PostCommander A9, on 27 July 2017 - 03:11 PM, said:

I think the whole point of Civil War was the break balance and test out the impact of handicaps placed upon one side or another...

Russ has already said that he doesn't want one side winning all the time...which means we're going to see new artificial handicaps, tonnage mismatches, and other restrictions thrown in the face of players to avoid consistent victory achieved by only one Faction.

Player skill is not defined by victory or defeat-it is defined by the players' abilities to adapt and overcome the restrictions placed upon them by PGI. I've never before seen this kind of behavior from a developer.

If they truly wanted balance they should focus on getting a tier system in FW, this would make more of a difference than constant buffs and nerfs and tonnage limit changes.

#26 mistlynx4life

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 351 posts

Posted 27 July 2017 - 03:14 PM

But then it's not really Stealth Armor... it's, like, ECM Armor. If you're just using it to break/avoid locks but you can still be seen with the naked eye *and* you can't cap with it *AND* there's the heat build-up... what's the reason for taking it? I'm a Light pilot and understand the strategy behind kiting/baiting by capping zones but it'd be *way* more useful to be able to cap without taking turret fire. The cap bars still go down so they know where you are and with the heat thing it's very balanced. I'm not saying it's a stupid feature, I'm just saying it's not really Stealth as much as some sort of Radar-Proof Coating.

Maybe it's a lore thing, I dunno. Can you NARC friendlies? Can you, like, get a Stealthed ally into a cap zone and then join him and then NARC him to get double cap rate or something? It just seems like an awkward balance.

#mistlynx4life

#27 Kaptain

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,284 posts
  • LocationNorth America

Posted 27 July 2017 - 03:21 PM

View PostEd Steele, on 27 July 2017 - 03:09 PM, said:

True, but comparing modern technology to BATTLETECH technology is like comparing a medieval knight in shining armor to a modern main battle tank.

I think you misquoted me by mistake as I made no battle tech to real world tech comparisons?

#28 Willard Phule

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,920 posts
  • LocationThe Omega Company compound on Outreach

Posted 27 July 2017 - 03:39 PM

View PostSuperFunkTron, on 27 July 2017 - 01:10 PM, said:

I see it as a tactical advantage for the guy with the stealth armor. It allows him to pass through a cap zone freely without drawing undue attention. He can simply turn it off when he's calling for it by capping.

....OR....you could simply have interacting with the following things will cancel out the stealth armor until interaction ceases.

Here's a question for ya. So, if you're stealthed, you're effectively not on either team, more or less. Can you shoot the generators in FW to open them from the inside, and if not...why not?

Edited by Willard Phule, 27 July 2017 - 03:41 PM.

#29 Commander A9

• Mercenary Rank 8
  • 2,375 posts
  • LocationGDI East Coast Command, Fort Dix, NJ

Posted 27 July 2017 - 03:56 PM

Hey Russ?

When are you going to "balance" Faction Warfare and reset the Faction Warfare tonnage back to an even 250-tons for both sides?

Edited by Commander A9, 27 July 2017 - 03:56 PM.

#30 The worst pilot ever

• Pip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 15 posts

Posted 27 July 2017 - 04:08 PM

suggestion for new hotfix - not getting stuck in launch / drop deck selection screen while other team is killing our mech. Just happened again. arrgh...

Edited by The worst pilot ever, 27 July 2017 - 04:08 PM.

#31 I cant want to

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 103 posts

Posted 27 July 2017 - 04:19 PM

you guys expected things to magically change with the last patch?
we are always getting band-aids on our compound fractures, usually months after the break

the constant shifting of quirks and drop deck tonnages is done to sell more mechs more than in the name of balance
mechs need mechbays, mechbays cost mc, and mc costs $

#32 Shiin

Rookie

• Ace Of Spades
  • 4 posts

Posted 27 July 2017 - 04:24 PM

Thanks PGI.

Can you fix the issue where I'm getting the clan command guy talking in my ear during IS faction drops?

#33 I cant want to

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 103 posts

Posted 27 July 2017 - 04:44 PM

or the alerts tab flashing after every match because there is a unit invite pending

or private message tabs opening up again every time you open chat, even after they have been dismissed

#34 NocturnalBeast

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts

Posted 27 July 2017 - 05:04 PM

View PostKaptain, on 27 July 2017 - 03:21 PM, said:

I think you misquoted me by mistake as I made no battle tech to real world tech comparisons?

Yeah, I believe I quoted the wrong person. This forum really needs a mobile version.

#35 K19

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 3
  • Mercenary Rank 3
  • 355 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 27 July 2017 - 05:27 PM

hi. Posted Image The image appears the same in FW at the time of selecting another mech. It does not close "screen locked" Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#36 UPnADAM

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 381 posts

Posted 27 July 2017 - 05:47 PM

can we hotfix some armor quirks for the ever so fragile uziel?!?!?

#37 cougurt

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2023 Silver Champ
  • CS 2023 Silver Champ
  • 671 posts

Posted 27 July 2017 - 06:36 PM

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 27 July 2017 - 11:49 AM, said:

Bitchin' Betty: Fixed an issue where MRM and ATM Ammo cues were referring to SRMs and LRMs, respectively. Betty will now simply refer to generic 'Ammo' when these two ammo types hit depletion intervals or are destroyed.

laaaaaaaaazyyyy

#38 SuperFunkTron

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Slayer
  • The Slayer
  • 910 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 27 July 2017 - 07:58 PM

View PostWillard Phule, on 27 July 2017 - 03:39 PM, said:

....OR....you could simply have interacting with the following things will cancel out the stealth armor until interaction ceases.

Here's a question for ya. So, if you're stealthed, you're effectively not on either team, more or less. Can you shoot the generators in FW to open them from the inside, and if not...why not?

I believe attacking gens is the only example that would be an actual attack. All the cases listed are capture related if I read it correctly (getting a battery essentially being a capture maneuver).

#39 Akula0815

• PipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 8
  • Mercenary Rank 8
  • 53 posts
  • LocationHanover, Germany

Posted 27 July 2017 - 09:13 PM

What about the dropship bug(s) dropping you out of bounce in CW?

It´s getting time...

Oh, and btw...this **** appears since some months now after every patch/hotfix...

"The Patcher caught an exception!
Caught esxception in finishPatchProcess()."

Edited by Akula0815, 27 July 2017 - 09:16 PM.

#40 Nosiwosi

• Pip
  • The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 17 posts

Posted 27 July 2017 - 09:43 PM

Random sound bug: when firing ballistics... specially LBX10s, the 2nd volley will make a sound as if you're in HPG or no sound comes out at all. Which may seem minor but sound queues help with my heat timings and such.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users