52 replies to this topic

#41 The Unstoppable Puggernaut

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Grizzly
  • The Grizzly
  • 1,022 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 27 July 2017 - 11:08 PM

The sound bugs are a little annoying. Quad IS lbx2's only sound off half the times, rac5's sound disappearing. I think the sound limit of the engine is getting hit again.

---

Did anyone who switched over notice how painful it was to sort out the dropdeck. In short, you must press the button to clear the deck, then the right line of mechs show up. I almost bought a new deck because of this. Otherwise you simply get a full selection of Clan mechs (and not a single IS mech) and thus your drop is always invalid :|

#42 D V Devnull

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 28 July 2017 - 03:04 AM

Damnit... My ISP is interfering with MWO's Utilities trying to do the patch!!! They don't give me issues when I get the patch with my Web Browser!!! WHY CAN'T PGI UNDERSTAND THAT PEOPLE NEED THAT DOWNLOAD LINK WITH THE HOTFIXES?!?!? I just had to go find it manually again, in order to use the effectively faster side-load procedure!!! :angry:

For anyone else who's still waiting for PGI to post a link to the download file...

-->> http://patcher.mwomercs.com/patch/Production/frontend/FrontendPatch_309.zip

...and we'll see you out on the battlefield. B)

EDIT --- For anyone who has the Monthly Patch loaded, but hasn't loaded any HotFixes yet, also grab...

-->> http://patcher.mwomercs.com/patch/Production/frontend/FrontendPatch_308.zip

...or you'll be waiting for an extra download by the Patcher, which can take a while. Particularly if you're having the kind of issues that I have. <_<

~Mr. D. V. "Having problems because Download Links are missing from the News Posts..." Devnull

[Edited by Post Author to resolve an Issue with a lack of a previous forum thread for an earlier HotFix, and to fix some messed-up emotes...]

Edited by D V Devnull, 28 July 2017 - 03:10 AM.

#43 Terrastras Rex

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 7
  • Mercenary Rank 7
  • 124 posts
  • LocationTerrawna

Posted 28 July 2017 - 04:43 AM

Russ, Matt, Chris, Paul, and Tina

Please consider DISCORD integration for the floating chat/ingame voip ..

Discord is a gaming comms app that has taken the online gaming world by storm.

You can have an irc-style/facebook wall text chat room [that keeps a logged history of all conversations]
You can have TeamSpeak-style audio rooms

^^ this alone means its the best option for units/factions. Generals can give orders, post pictures, link to things, etc. Everyone will see it later when they login. [better than a MOTD]

There would be no more need for Teamspeak hubs etc. Users will autojoin the voice-channel for the match, and then can choose to visit the House/Clan/Faction text channels/voice hub channels. It also has a robust friends system and private messaging.

There are Discord Bots for auto-moderation.. you can setup wordlists for kicks/bans

They built the most kickass database to hold it all. No more lag when you open up chat. Conversations can go back years and are saved forever.

They've already integrated into other games, "Atlas Reactor" for instance autojoins a discord channel with your team when you join a match, closes it upon completion. I believe the ingame text chat is also done via discord.(?)

[edit] You could setup a chat room for people looking to do 1v1 combat, etc. In the future if you wanted to create a storyline for FP, you would control all the faction channels, could give briefs/orders to factions "privately", etc. Community engagement would go up, etc.

There are lots of reasons why you should write a brief on what you need from discord, submit it to them, and see if they can help. They are the comms upstart right now, and would def be interested in integration.

Edited by Terrastras Rex, 28 July 2017 - 04:51 AM.

#44 Terrastras Rex

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 7
  • Mercenary Rank 7
  • 124 posts
  • LocationTerrawna

Posted 28 July 2017 - 05:04 AM

View PostCommander A9, on 27 July 2017 - 03:11 PM, said:

Russ has already said that he doesn't want one side winning all the time...which means we're going to see new artificial handicaps, tonnage mismatches, and other restrictions thrown in the face of players to avoid consistent victory achieved by only one Faction.

Now that we can see what map it is, and select our mechs before we drop in FP, they could randomize the drop tonnage every phase. IS could be 250 [randomly: -15, -10, -5, 0, +5, +10, +15], Clans could be 230[-15,-10,-5,0,+5,+10+15].. Set the 'match found' timer to 2mins instead of 1 to give everyone enough time to build a deck.

Changes every phase.
Some matchups:
IS:235 vs Clan:245 (min vs max)
IS:265 vs Clan:215 (max vs min)
IS:250 vs Clan:230 (both at 0)

IS could drop at any 5 ton increment between 235-265, and Clan could drop between 215-245, depending on the randomness of the phase. Add planetary heat conditions, drop decks will need to be tweaked.

I think we can all live with that.. =X *shrug* the randomness and the +5,-5's will mean you will have to have a flexible dropdeck if you want to max out the tonnage. further incentive to 'buy more mechpacks' ;D

Don't forget to give us the extra minute for making the dropdeck though. =D

#45 Marquis De Lafayette

• CS 2023 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 1,396 posts
  • LocationIn Valley Forge with General Washington

Posted 28 July 2017 - 10:02 AM

View PostCommander A9, on 27 July 2017 - 03:56 PM, said:

Hey Russ?

When are you going to &quot;balance&quot; Faction Warfare and reset the Faction Warfare tonnage back to an even 250-tons for both sides?

While we will see 250/250 at some point...I don't think we will see a set, consistent tonnage in this game ever again. As they intro new mechs, modes, tech, etc tonnage has become another balance mechanism and is PGI's cattle-prod (merc unit-prod) for encouraging the good, active teams to play both sides these days.

Not endorsing nor hating on it....just recognizing that PGI seems to want to use tonnage for these purposes

#46 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts

Posted 28 July 2017 - 11:49 PM

View PostMarquis De Lafayette, on 28 July 2017 - 10:02 AM, said:

Not endorsing nor hating on it....just recognizing that PGI seems to want to use tonnage for these purposes

In that case, PGI should do the following table of Tonnages...
FactionInvasionScouting
Clans25550
Inner Sphere26550

...and see how it is when BOTH sides can go all-out, instead of one side having to play in a 'choked' manner while the other stomps all over them. Basically, Buff the Clan Invasion Tonnage, Nerf the Inner Sphere Scouting Tonnage, and hopefully get something balanced out of it. <_<

~D. V. "I'm just not seeing enough weight variety on the battlefield." Devnull

[Edits by Post Author for Table Cell Width Problems...]

Edited by D V Devnull, 29 July 2017 - 12:03 AM.

#47 Marquis De Lafayette

• 1,396 posts
  • LocationIn Valley Forge with General Washington

Posted 29 July 2017 - 07:34 AM

View PostD V Devnull, on 28 July 2017 - 11:49 PM, said:

In that case, PGI should do the following table of Tonnages...
FactionInvasionScouting
Clans25550
Inner Sphere26550

...and see how it is when BOTH sides can go all-out, instead of one side having to play in a 'choked' manner while the other stomps all over them. Basically, Buff the Clan Invasion Tonnage, Nerf the Inner Sphere Scouting Tonnage, and hopefully get something balanced out of it. &lt;_&lt;

~D. V. &quot;I'm just not seeing enough weight variety on the battlefield.&quot; Devnull

[Edits by Post Author for Table Cell Width Problems...]

Obviously, everyone has their own opinion...personally I think if you bring and assault and a heavy, you should probably have to be dropping a light in wave 4. The IS at current tonnage can drop 2 assaults, 1 Heavy and 1 medium. That is overally beefy imho

#48 Dee Eight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 29 July 2017 - 06:18 PM

I just bring four heavies myself so far on my IS deck. Roughneck, Dragon, Phract and Archer.

#49 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts

Posted 30 July 2017 - 05:26 AM

View PostDee Eight, on 29 July 2017 - 06:18 PM, said:

I just bring four heavies myself so far on my IS deck. Roughneck, Dragon, Phract and Archer.

Do you REALLY have to gloat about all that spare tonnage? Clans can barely bring 4 Mad Dog Chassis right now, should someone decide they want all Heavy Mechs. *facedesk* :angry:

View PostMarquis De Lafayette, on 29 July 2017 - 07:34 AM, said:

Obviously, everyone has their own opinion...personally I think if you bring and assault and a heavy, you should probably have to be dropping a light in wave 4. The IS at current tonnage can drop 2 assaults, 1 Heavy and 1 medium. That is overally beefy imho

I can understand and respect your opinion as well. I'm sure some will STILL drop with Light Mechs here and there, regardless of tonnage increases, just because that will fit their play style. But the numbers I'm suggesting, in my opinion, would likely best balance the battlefields. That's what I'm aiming for, balance and fun for all. :)

Which reminds me... HEY, PGI!!! FIX THE TONNAGES, AND THEN GIVE LRMs BACK 50 METERS (AS IN, BOOST IT BACK UP TO 950 METERS) OF WHAT YOU TOOK AWAY!!! :excl:

~D. V. "Seeing the clear signs of a Nerf/Buff combo being needed..." Devnull

#50 MovinTarget

• Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 30 July 2017 - 06:08 AM

Lol D V, still mad about the 50 least useful meters...

Fine i will give you those 50, so long as they don't get a higher max distance from buffs and skills.

The only reason i care about this at all is because i would like people to be using wespons in their more effective scenarios than less...

#51 Commander A9

• Mercenary Rank 8
  • 2,375 posts
  • LocationGDI East Coast Command, Fort Dix, NJ

Posted 31 July 2017 - 08:01 PM

How about fixing the Dropship bug or PPC hit registration? Both of which are fast becoming permanent "features" of the game...

#52 Rekkon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • 325 posts
  • LocationIronhold

Posted 01 August 2017 - 12:29 PM

View Postmistlynx4life, on 27 July 2017 - 03:14 PM, said:

I'm just saying it's not really Stealth as much as some sort of Radar-Proof Coating.

I'm just saying it's not really a cheeseburger as much as some sort of hamburger with cheese.

#53 Cyrilis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Rasalhague
  • Hero of Rasalhague
  • 762 posts
  • LocationRas Alhague Insane Asylum, most of the time in the pen where they lock up the Urbie pilots

Posted 05 September 2017 - 04:55 AM

Could you please make the 'stealth - no cap' indicator BIGGER or SHINYER?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users