• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 02 August 2017 - 08:10 AM

View PostRoadbuster, on 02 August 2017 - 07:45 AM, said:

Posted Image

MWO potatoes are best made to stew in terra therma. good old lava gets the endo steel soft in no time.

#42 Metus regem

• The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts
  • LocationNAIS College of Military Science OCS courses

Posted 02 August 2017 - 08:37 AM

View PostLily from animove, on 02 August 2017 - 08:10 AM, said:

MWO potatoes are best made to stew in terra therma. good old lava gets the endo steel soft in no time.

Not to mention that they start to panic in a hot map... it's like people don't under stand trigger discipline or how to use more than one weapon group....

#43 JediPanther

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,070 posts
  • LocationLost in my C1

Posted 02 August 2017 - 09:20 AM

LCT-1M doritos

#44 LowSubmarino

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 1,091 posts

Posted 02 August 2017 - 09:46 AM

You see potatoes in every match.

Mwos arcade style matches have a tendency to turn into a right side, counter clockwise nascar rade in 7+ out of 10 games.

The obvious main nascar route of the enemy team is pretty obvious.

Youd expect completly new players to hover around that main nascar death ball route alone or in small groups to get owned hard maybe 100 times to then understand that you will die there.

But you see players you have seen often or that are even legendary founders or ppl that have played quite a lot to stoically play in huge, small heavy or assault mechs and stoically stay around the main nascar lane and get dominated.

Your fancy maneuver you described where somebody tried to lure you into 2 shut down heavy mechs....damn....im impressed. Not in my most opportunistic completly wasted and high fever dreams had I expected that more than maybe 2 or max 3 guys or girls in mwo could pull that fancy strategy off.

I mean....most players fall over their inability to understand that enemys nascar route is not where you ever want to be unless your entire team is there and actually fights instead of unanimously running away to catch the elusuve other teams tail.

No.

The real potatoepower is in every single match haha.

Ppl staying behind right where the entire enemy team will be in one minute.

Ppl scouting far somewhere where no scouting is necessary in way too slow mechs, cant disengage and get dominated without even doing 10 dmg.

Take crimson as an example.

If your opponents are not complete and utter übernoobs, then they will immediately push on the average pug team that in their unlimited wisdom splits top and bottom. Half staying somewhere on top platform not even able to shoot down or ridge snipe cause their mechs cannot do that eg cause of low hardpoints. They stand there waiting.

All the while the bottom half of the team gets rushed by 12 mechs.

By the time top half realized how dumb that move really is they already lost 3 heavy mechs.

In their even greater infinite wisdom they start dropping down. Single file.

And get instawiped.

You see that in Tier 1 in basically every game.

Ppl think it is a good strat to split top and bottom.

It might seem that vs some average bad pug team full of bad players with no skill whatsoever it doesnt really matter.

But any pug team that stays together and has one single guy or girl telling them to rush in the right moment and its the easiest win ever. Youll prolly not even loose a single mech.

And yet, ppl play like that in 9 out of 10 games on crimsion. Doing that abysmal super überbad strat again and again. Getting owned harder every time.

never learning. Like literally never haha. They just dont learn which always made me assume mwo players are either really young and i mean really young. Like 2 or tops 5 years or they have difficultly to understand these concepts and dynamics because of other reasons. Maybe cause kinda low IQ levels and standards in mwo community. And I dont mean that as a diz.

But if you look at the avera pug game, no matter which tier, gameplay is so bad and onedimensional and players so bad that it has to be one of those things.

I tend to go with the assumption that mwo players are very young. Very young kids maybe 3 or 4 years prolly. Cause if its not that I dont really understand how so many players can play so incredibly abysmal all the time.

#45 ScrapIron Prime

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,815 posts
  • LocationSmack dab in the middle of Ohio

Posted 02 August 2017 - 09:51 AM

View PostMetus regem, on 02 August 2017 - 08:37 AM, said:

Not to mention that they start to panic in a hot map... it's like people don't under stand trigger discipline or how to use more than one weapon group....

I love the smell of baked potatoes in the morning...
Posted Image

#46 Metus regem

• The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts
  • LocationNAIS College of Military Science OCS courses

Posted 02 August 2017 - 10:03 AM

View PostScrapIron Prime, on 02 August 2017 - 09:51 AM, said:

I love the smell of baked potatoes in the morning...
Posted Image

Better get rid of that picture before HG sees it and goes after you for an unauthorized use of the Armored Valkyrie...Posted Image

Since you know according to HG the Atlas is the same as an Armored Valkyrie....Posted Image

#47 Brain Cancer

• The 1 Percent
  • 3,851 posts

Posted 02 August 2017 - 11:27 AM

It always amazes me how we call something with zero situational awareness a nickname that involves something with so many eyes.

Posted Image

#48 Athom83

• The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 2,529 posts
  • LocationTFS Aurora, 1000km up.

Posted 02 August 2017 - 12:40 PM

View PostBrain Cancer, on 02 August 2017 - 11:27 AM, said:

It always amazes me how we call something with zero situational awareness a nickname that involves something with so many eyes.

Its like they're a Cyclops of some sort... with LRMs of course!
Posted Image

Edited by Athom83, 02 August 2017 - 12:41 PM.

#49 Lily from animove

• The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 03 August 2017 - 05:51 AM

View PostBrain Cancer, on 02 August 2017 - 11:27 AM, said:

Posted Image

no matter how many eyes you have, without braincells to process the information theres nothign valuable to come from.

#50 Fox With A Shotgun

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 1,646 posts

Posted 03 August 2017 - 07:45 AM

View PostLily from animove, on 03 August 2017 - 05:51 AM, said:

no matter how many eyes you have, without braincells to process the information theres nothign valuable to come from.

Indeed. One time in Canyon, I flagged down a lone SRM Cyclops waddling on its own in a valley. It literally had no weapons with range greater than ~300m, and had very limited vertical pitch. I know that my team has LRMs, so I used the command wheel to pop "Target Spotted!" on it, while shooting it in the back to make it turn around so that the LRMs would eat its rear CT.

Guess what the potato medium next to me does? He jumps down in his Micropulse/HMG Viper...and engages the Cyclops.

*facedesk*

What would have been a 1 mech down for 0 mechs lost turned into a 1 for 1.

Edited by Fox With A Shotgun, 03 August 2017 - 07:46 AM.

#51 Splatkitty

• PipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 28 posts
  • LocationSouth Central Kentucky USA

Posted 03 August 2017 - 08:13 AM

I'm not going to comment to deeply on this subject other than to say ... I could be the subject of it.
I try stupid stuff, but I have a load of fun trying it. Sometimes they work, sometimes they don't.
GLHF

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users