Constant Crashes: An Update!

9 replies to this topic

#1 xXBagheeraXx

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,707 posts

Posted 03 August 2017 - 12:31 PM

So ive been having issues with my game crashing for months now, and I seem to have tracked down the culprit. This is for anyone else having similar issues (random, persistent crashes to desktop)

When I looked in my log file I kept seeing "Missing font Times New Roman" along with a myriad of other errors, and could not for the life of me figure out what was causing my issues.

Yes i deleted my shaders, completly nuked my video card drivers, uninstalled and reinstalled the game dozens of times and even switched to the steam client, changed everything toggleable in the video settings...but ONE options...

Switching the game back to DirectX9 fixed my crashes...However, the game stutters and stammers fairly badly, but it RUNS.

Oddly enough, another one of my games that has been having constant crashes "nvwgf2umx.dll caused an Access Violation" Also seemed to fix itself once i found a batch file in the game folder to force Direct X 9.....

Does anyone a bit more knowledgable know what could cause two seperate games to dislike DX11 so much?

#2 Ngamok

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 5,033 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationLafayette, IN

Posted 03 August 2017 - 02:41 PM

Would assume card is DX11 compatible?

Maybe this: Has to do with clock speeds not right

https://forums.gefor...1-driver-crash/

Edited by Ngamok, 03 August 2017 - 02:46 PM.

#3 Revis Volek

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,247 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationBack in the Pilots chair

Posted 03 August 2017 - 03:26 PM

How old is your card and system?

#4 Vellron2005

• The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 5,444 posts
  • LocationIn the mechbay, telling the techs to put extra LRM ammo on.

Posted 03 August 2017 - 11:08 PM

I wonder if it would help with this:

https://mwomercs.com...s-bug-question/

I should try it..

#5 xXBagheeraXx

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,707 posts

Posted 04 August 2017 - 12:03 AM

System is about 7 years old but the card is brand new. Ive had this issue for a while now over two different Nvidia cards. a 750Ti and this new 1050Ti. I'm also having issues in one other game with a constant crash to desktop with "nvwgf2umx.dll has caused an acess violation error" that I cannot for the life of me fix.

I just get that odd feeling some checkbox isnt ticked somewhere that's causing just these two games (so far) to give me absolute chills and fever

#6 MrMadguy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,209 posts

Posted 04 August 2017 - 02:13 AM

And crashes in 75% cases, when logging into game on AMD card still aren't fixed... You know, it's actually very fun game - to guess, how many tries to log in game will require today. 1? 3? 5? Yeah, I actually suspect, what is the reason for this crashes - I play with a little bit non-standard resolution and therefore game has to use some sort of rescale UI procedure, that, yeah, crashes in 75% cases. But, yeah, most important thing - it RUNS, it still RUNS!

Edited by MrMadguy, 04 August 2017 - 02:13 AM.

#7 Aggravated Assault Mech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 825 posts
  • Locationlocation location

Posted 04 August 2017 - 02:50 AM

Try running the game in full window?

I was crashing from the ready room maybe 10% of the time. Tried everything- closing background programs, gforce experience, deleting shaders, updating drivers, reinstalling drivers, reinstalling the game from both steam and standalone on multiple hard drives. Tech support was literally no help at all and didn't respond after I told them their suggestions hadn't worked.

Someone mentioned running the game in full window in one of these thread just over a month ago and the game has been completely stable since.

Edited by Aggravated Assault Mech, 04 August 2017 - 02:51 AM.

#8 xXBagheeraXx

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,707 posts

Posted 04 August 2017 - 12:36 PM

View PostAggravated Assault Mech, on 04 August 2017 - 02:50 AM, said:

Try running the game in full window?

I was crashing from the ready room maybe 10% of the time. Tried everything- closing background programs, gforce experience, deleting shaders, updating drivers, reinstalling drivers, reinstalling the game from both steam and standalone on multiple hard drives. Tech support was literally no help at all and didn't respond after I told them their suggestions hadn't worked.

Someone mentioned running the game in full window in one of these thread just over a month ago and the game has been completely stable since.

I think I did that too and still crashed while running DX11. Ill try it again with this latest (and last) driver shuffle. if it doesnt work ill just play Stutter warrior online and just give up on the other game.

Seriously do NOT get nvidia cards on a windows 10 system.. this thing has given me nothing but utter hell on several of my games.

#9 Jabilo

• Philanthropist
  • 1,047 posts

Posted 04 August 2017 - 02:52 PM

Is the graphics card a pre overclocked edition?

#10 Tarl Cabot

• Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,740 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 04 August 2017 - 04:26 PM

Googling, tons of resolutions but vary by game/program.

Uninstall Nividia ShadowPlay.

Windows Update - To for additional C++ and .NET updates. By default this setting is not enabled.

How to Change Windows Update Settings in Windows 10

Beginning in Windows 10, Microsoft simplified the options available to you regarding the Windows Update process but also removed some of the finer control you may have enjoyed in earlier versions.

Tap or click on the Start button, followed by Settings. You'll need to be on the Windows 10 Desktop to do this.
From Settings, tap or click on Update & security.

Choose Windows Update from the menu on the left, assuming it's not already selected.

Tap or click on the Advanced options link on the right, which will open a window headlined Choose how updates are installed.

The various settings on this page control how Windows 10 will download and install updates for the operating system, and perhaps other software, from Microsoft.

Tip: I highly recommend that you do the following: select Automatic (recommended) from the drop-down, check Give me updates for other Microsoft products when I update Windows., and do not check the Defer upgrades option. All things considered, this is the safest way to go.

Changes to Windows Update settings in Windows 10 are saved automatically once you make them. Once you're done selecting or deselecting things, you can close the Advanced Options window that's open.

Consider disabling driver updates.
http://winsupersite....ates-windows-10

Change the Multi-display/mixed-GPU acceleration setting to Single display performance mode in the Nvidia Control Panel/Manage 3D settings.

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users