27 replies to this topic

#21 Mochyn Pupur

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 521 posts
  • LocationDerby, England

Posted 07 August 2020 - 07:49 AM

I carry a minimum of two utilities on all of my mechs dependant on weight/role etc. Only costs 1 skill point and 40k CBills per uav/arty/air strike or cooldown shot which in terms of payback for their effective use, is negligible. Anyone not carrying two are doing their team and themselves a disservice, someone with no utilities has pretty much become a liability.

You want me to target that pesky light - uav please; stuck out in the open and about to shutdown with a red critical mech in front of me - cool shot and kill incoming; blessed light or lrm'er stood on a mountain top and not sharing armour for their team - arty/air strike incoming to shift them . . . .

Apart from possibly an audible warning, system works well enough. Plus, who would want to lose that sweeeeeet feeling of a head kill from a perfectly placed strike . . . bathing in the tears of the red team members lamentation is well worth 40k.

#22 Hellbringer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Point Commander
  • 177 posts
  • LocationVancouver BC

Posted 07 August 2020 - 07:55 AM

bring back long toms. Posted Image

#23 R Valentine

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Heavy Lifter
  • Heavy Lifter
  • 1,743 posts

Posted 07 August 2020 - 08:04 AM

Remember when PGI nerfed strikes so you couldn't bring both an airstrike AND an artillery strike, then came out with the skill tree so not only could you bring two strikes, but the strikes you can bring are exponentially more powerful than those they had to nerf before?

Pepridge Farm remembers.

#24 Kubernetes

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blazing
  • The Blazing
  • 2,369 posts

Posted 07 August 2020 - 09:47 AM

Nine skill points buy you two coolshots and two strikes -- by far the most efficient use of skill points in any skill tree.

#25 Willard Phule

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,920 posts
  • LocationThe Omega Company compound on Outreach

Posted 07 August 2020 - 10:01 AM

How about a "situational awareness" expendable that unzooms you and makes you face the red smoke when the enemy plants it in front of you? For cbills, of course.

#26 Elfcat

• PipPipPip
  • Sho-sa
  • Sho-sa
  • 60 posts
  • LocationYay Area

Posted 07 August 2020 - 10:28 AM

View PostOneTeamPlayer, on 07 August 2020 - 05:44 AM, said:

Moderators routinely lock necromancied threads. =P

One has a specific Turn Undead image for that express purpose Posted Image

Do I now have to keep my eye out for zombie elementals? You thought elementals were terrifying already, how about ZOMBIE ELEMENTALS!!!!????

View PostWillard Phule, on 07 August 2020 - 10:01 AM, said:

How about a "situational awareness" expendable that unzooms you and makes you face the red smoke when the enemy plants it in front of you? For cbills, of course.

That reminds me of the game that had a bomb-planting commando who, when directed at a building, would exclaim"Ahh gotta PRESENT fer ya!!!!"

#27 Elfcat

• PipPipPip
  • Sho-sa
  • Sho-sa
  • 60 posts
  • LocationYay Area

Posted 07 August 2020 - 10:31 AM

View PostPeppaPig, on 07 August 2020 - 07:49 AM, said:

blessed light or lrm'er stood on a mountain top and not sharing armour for their team - arty/air strike incoming to shift them . . . .

Ahhhhh yes, good and useful point, maybe I should consider expanding my arty consumables to my heavier groundpounders which constantly find themselves in the gulches of Canyon Network while mates are locking targets on the cliff just above. No line of sight, but if they're near enough maybe bring a little arty down anyway. Will have to give that a go.

#28 Willard Phule

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,920 posts
  • LocationThe Omega Company compound on Outreach

Posted 07 August 2020 - 12:20 PM

View PostElfcat, on 07 August 2020 - 10:31 AM, said:

Ahhhhh yes, good and useful point, maybe I should consider expanding my arty consumables to my heavier groundpounders which constantly find themselves in the gulches of Canyon Network while mates are locking targets on the cliff just above. No line of sight, but if they're near enough maybe bring a little arty down anyway. Will have to give that a go.

That's, uh, the trick to using Arty/Air strikes in Nascar, man. Seriously. If you can get the lead guy to stop and/or back into the guys following him around the circle, that's the absolute best time to use it. No way they can uncluster themselves before it goes off.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users