#41 MovinTarget

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 08 August 2017 - 03:52 AM

View PostdenAirwalkerrr, on 08 August 2017 - 03:32 AM, said:

The further you progress into skill the less 'glitchy' fast mechs become. Especially when you have smth like dual gaussPosted Image

Dual Guass? You have to either be *really* good with goosewaffle or the locust pilot not understand the importance of constant, unpredictable motion. Eventually, you might hit him...

#42 TWIAFU

• The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 4,011 posts
  • LocationBell's Brewery, MI

Posted 08 August 2017 - 03:58 AM

View PostMakesBadChoices, on 06 August 2017 - 06:03 PM, said:

What's going on? How do I stop this from happening again?

That's easy, do NOT play CW solo.

If you do, your asking knowing full well to be clubbed.

So, decide if you want to be clubbed over and over or not. If you do, play solo and you will get what your after. Now, if you do NOT want to be clubbed, join an active CW Unit/Group. That does NOT mean any sort of dedicated, daily high impact training and dropping. There are Units that do that and that are some that take in new players and show them the CW ropes.

As IS and a Davion Loyalist, one Unit comes to mind as a great place to learn and train with an excellent new player program, HHoD.

Short of joining a Unit and playing CW as primarily designed, join Faction TS hubs. They are everywhere and active! All you need to do is join a hub, find people dropping in CW, and simply ask them for a spot or type "In Line". Once you are in one of those groups, swallow the pride and simply state your "newer" to CW and want to learn, get better, and excell. You will quickly see that people will jump at the chance to help, teach, train, and offer advice.

Your enjoyment of CW is ONLY in your hands. Only YOU can make it better. Put forth a minimal amount of effort and CW gets better and better, or don't and be clubbed. To make CW better YOU have to put in effort and clicking Instant Action is no effort at all.

Join a "team" and see how wonderful teamwork can be when your in the teamwork centric queue or be stuck being a seal playing peek a boo QP with respawn and never be able to do 100 damage per mech.

#43 TWIAFU

• The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 4,011 posts

Posted 08 August 2017 - 04:06 AM

View PostBurning2nd, on 08 August 2017 - 12:42 AM, said:

no i dont... because you spend 40 min in a team speak server trying to organize your friends

Im not questing if you can make more money as a group,
and not everyone is running primo time

Posted Image

not everyone is exploiting the game with large groups of people to farm other real pilots...

sweetheart

anytime you want... Im sure youll cry glitched locust like ever one else does hahahhhhahahhaa

Exploiting CW by playing it as intended?

LOL

That's an excuse from a seal.

#44 denAirwalkerrr

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 1,346 posts

Posted 08 August 2017 - 04:21 AM

View PostMovinTarget, on 08 August 2017 - 03:52 AM, said:

Dual Guass? You have to either be *really* good with goosewaffle or the locust pilot not understand the importance of constant, unpredictable motion. Eventually, you might hit him...

Well up to 200-300m it really doesn't matter if locust is trying to dodge. And like over 500m when noone is shooting at them and they feel safe they tend to run in a straight like.

Edited by denAirwalkerrr, 08 August 2017 - 04:21 AM.

#45 MovinTarget

• Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 08 August 2017 - 04:44 AM

View PostdenAirwalkerrr, on 08 August 2017 - 04:21 AM, said:

500m when noone is shooting at them and they feel safe they tend to run in a straight like.

LoL learned not to do that a long time ago...

#46 Greyboots

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 396 posts

Posted 08 August 2017 - 06:11 AM

Quick play and group play are great-- I've put about 80 hours into the game and generally do excellent. I have a variety of mechs I like and do well in, the game feels good and there is only the occasional stomp where one team gets steam-rolled.

Cue CW. By chance, all the mechs I had picked up wound up being IS, so I decided to try CW as a merc for the IS side. Man oh man, was that a mistake. I have played about 4 hours of CW, both on teams where my side has a large unit, the other side has a large coordinated unit, and where neither side had any units. Every single game has been an absolute stomp with the clanners murdering entire waves of IS mechs with only 1 or 2 loses. Given it's been so bad, I know it can't be just me not getting some CW meta and it has to be pervasive to some degree. Literally, I have never won a game on the IS side of CW.

(not ranting, I just want to enjoy another game mode being offered because losing so badly every time isn't fun)

I am going to be brutally honest here but keep in mind I'm doing it to be helpful:

If you are a newer player do NOT drop in CW. CW is the part of the game where tactics and strategy really matter and if you don't like getting rolled, just don't go. If a team happens to lose 3 or so newbies in a wave the whole wave can crumble.

And look, 8 coordinated players aren't necessarily all that good. I've dropped solo, ended up with an 8 man, followed orders, spent the whole time getting blamed for stuff and doubled the top damage and kills in my team.

CW can be not very fun for new players still building battlefield awareness skills and learning where hitboxes are on mechs and so on. It can also be full of ePeens so a rather unpleasant atmosphere to be in too, occasionally toxic.

Take your time, enjoy the game. CW will always be there later on.

#47 Djinnhammer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 143 posts

Posted 08 August 2017 - 06:15 AM

View PostBurning2nd, on 07 August 2017 - 12:31 AM, said:

fw Or cw Or what ever the hell its called now.. is bad.. and has been bad..

Its nothing more then quick play with 4 spawns...

then they went and made the quick drop modes but with the 4 lifes... and that got a little better...

but yeah.. Id avoid that all together

they had the right idea but they didn't finish the concept (you can make a lot more money faster in quick drop anyway )

QP is just horrible and is bad for teamplay. It just encourages solo mentality. This is toxin for teamplay. It also is toxin for community.
This OP for example, has gone from the solo gameplay of QP, to a team environment and is struggling. It hasn't prepared him./her at all.
I can't stress just how detrimental a solo only mode in a MULTIPLAYER TEAM BASED GAME is.

#48 TWIAFU

• The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 4,011 posts

Posted 08 August 2017 - 06:15 AM

View PostMovinTarget, on 08 August 2017 - 04:44 AM, said:

Hehe.

Lessens learned the hard way stick.

#49 TWIAFU

• The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 4,011 posts

Posted 08 August 2017 - 06:20 AM

then they went and made the quick drop modes but with the 4 lifes... and that got a little better...

they had the right idea but they didn't finish the concept (you can make a lot more money faster in quick drop anyway )

Well that is because that is how you and other solo QP players going into CW thinking, or want out of it, QP with respawn.

Ignore the warning at your own clubbing.

#50 4EVR

• PipPipPip
  • The Icon
  • 63 posts

Posted 08 August 2017 - 08:50 AM

You don't even have to join a unit. Go on a TS server like the FRR/Kuirita hub and ask a mixed warband if they have room for a newbie. Usually the answer will be yes. Problem solved.

Then give it a little time. Work on your own goals like trading mechanics, keeping track of the flow of the battle, working with the team, and learning the siege maps.

Edited by 4EVR, 08 August 2017 - 08:51 AM.

#51 Kwea

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 374 posts

Posted 08 August 2017 - 08:54 AM

View PostMakesBadChoices, on 06 August 2017 - 06:24 PM, said:

My bad on the mechs, didn't even think about it. I don't think there's anything too revolutionary going on with them.

Atlas ddc, UAC20, SRM6(3), med laser(2), ECM
Shadowhawk 2k, SRM6(3), med laser(3), JJx3
Marauder 5D, med laser (4), MRM30(2), JJ x 1
Wolfhound 1c, med pulse (3), large pulse (1)

The wolfhound is going to get swapped out for a spider at some point when I get enough points for the mech bays.

The Wolfhound is better, although that loadout is horrible.

#52 Kwea

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 374 posts

Posted 08 August 2017 - 08:58 AM

pretty much the opposite of truth right here. Never listen to someone who fails to
understand the basic function of the mode. I'd like to see you beat 1.9 million cbills for 12 min of work playing QP.

#53 Burning2nd

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 984 posts

Posted 08 August 2017 - 12:11 PM

Take it how ever you want to take it .... I'm not loosing sleep over it

Take it how ever you want to take it .... I'm not loosing sleep over it

You cw guys are very sensitive

#54 MovinTarget

• Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 08 August 2017 - 12:17 PM

View PostBurning2nd, on 08 August 2017 - 12:11 PM, said:

You cw guys are very sensitive

GET YER @#$!@#$ LURMS OFFA MAH LAWN YA HIPPIES!

#55 Tim East

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,422 posts

Posted 08 August 2017 - 01:06 PM

View PostdenAirwalkerrr, on 08 August 2017 - 03:32 AM, said:

The further you progress into skill the less 'glitchy' fast mechs become. Especially when you have smth like dual gaussPosted Image

Or Quad Gauss. A surprising number of folks seem to not expect the second shot.

View PostMovinTarget, on 08 August 2017 - 04:44 AM, said:

Basic Light Piloting skills for the win!

View PostTWIAFU, on 08 August 2017 - 06:15 AM, said:

Hehe.

Lessens learned the hard way stick.

One would hope. I know I caught a Raven the other days and ST drilled him with my laservomit HBK IIC. That 78 point alpha don't mess around if you get caught standing still.

The best kill like that I ever had though was a LCT PB that rounded a corner on the old Frozen city, saw my triple AC 10 CTF Ilya, and froze in his tracks like a deer in the headlights. Lights standing still make me laugh.

#56 MovinTarget

• Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 08 August 2017 - 01:16 PM

I remember when I was was trying to figure out my Dual Guass timing and was on Frozen City... I was trying to get the hang of being fully charged as often as possible so that I could hopefully just point and fire...

That poor locust that crested a hill to peek that I was looking at 1:30 into the game just concaved instantly on one shot and I decided then and there the ol' goosewaffle was not too shabby...

#57 Carl Vickers

• The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 2,649 posts
  • LocationPerth

Posted 08 August 2017 - 04:46 PM

Feels so good when a lolcust goes pop to gauss, single or otherwise.

Edited by Carl Vickers, 08 August 2017 - 04:46 PM.

#58 Odanan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,199 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 08 August 2017 - 05:27 PM

Quick play and group play are great-- I've put about 80 hours into the game and generally do excellent. I have a variety of mechs I like and do well in, the game feels good and there is only the occasional stomp where one team gets steam-rolled.

Cue CW. By chance, all the mechs I had picked up wound up being IS, so I decided to try CW as a merc for the IS side. Man oh man, was that a mistake. I have played about 4 hours of CW, both on teams where my side has a large unit, the other side has a large coordinated unit, and where neither side had any units. Every single game has been an absolute stomp with the clanners murdering entire waves of IS mechs with only 1 or 2 loses. Given it's been so bad, I know it can't be just me not getting some CW meta and it has to be pervasive to some degree. Literally, I have never won a game on the IS side of CW.

(not ranting, I just want to enjoy another game mode being offered because losing so badly every time isn't fun)

I strongly suggest that you never play CW without an organized group of 7+ players.

Also, your CW dropdeck is brawler - that's only good in an organized team with brawling waves.

#59 Bad Karma 989

• PipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 53 posts

Posted 08 August 2017 - 07:40 PM

View PostCatten Hart, on 06 August 2017 - 06:44 PM, said:

Would it be fair to say that having a first wave of twelve Atlases is "Viable" if one of them is piloted by the B33F?

If one of them were piloted by The B33F then absolutely.
Question is, does The B33F still play?

Edited by Bad Karma 989, 08 August 2017 - 07:40 PM.

#60 Michael Costanza

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 258 posts

Posted 08 August 2017 - 08:06 PM

If you have a mic, don't be afraid to take charge and organize things. People like to have a leader, so walk the walk and wing it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users