Cn9-Ah Help

14 replies to this topic

#1 Bigbacon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,088 posts

Posted 09 August 2017 - 06:11 AM

I can't for the life of me remember what to use on this thing..especially with new tech...

Things I've tried
3x AC2 + some rocket launchers
Gauss or AC20 + 3xSRM2
RAC5 + 3xMRM10

I never feel like I'm utilizing the hard points well enough.

running with a 275xl,

so far the most fun option was the RAC5+MRMs. just kind of hang around till the brawl starts and get in people's faces unload.

Edited by Bigbacon, 09 August 2017 - 06:20 AM.

#2 Guile Votoms

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Gunsho-ni
  • Gunsho-ni
  • 239 posts

Posted 09 August 2017 - 06:23 AM

I'm running an AC20 and 3 SRM4s on an XL255 in scouting.
You could swap the SRM4s to 2s or rocket launchers so you can carry a light engine.

#3 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 09 August 2017 - 06:31 AM

Mine's sporting an LB-10x, two LMGs, 2 Streak 4s, and a rocket launcher 20 with a standard engine 250.

#4 Bigbacon

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,088 posts

Posted 09 August 2017 - 07:20 AM

View PostGuile Votoms, on 09 August 2017 - 06:23 AM, said:

I'm running an AC20 and 3 SRM4s on an XL255 in scouting.
You could swap the SRM4s to 2s or rocket launchers so you can carry a light engine.

I just noticed that they quirked it for AC20 cooldown.. Kind of hate that. wish they'd just do liek a global ballistic cooldown of like 10% instead of forcing it to a specific weapon (probably some lore thing though i bet)

#5 Bigbacon

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,088 posts

Posted 09 August 2017 - 07:48 AM

I playe dabout 5 rounds now with this and it seems to work rather well for me

Light Gauss + 3xMRM10

ammo is the only problem. I need to lower the engine maybe to a 255-265 to get a bit more. with the 275 I only get 30 gauss rounds and 660 MRMs. So far it hasn't been a huge deal but it did get close once or twice.

I'm sure its not an ideal setup because I'm sure metaheads would say light gauss and MRMs are. bad.

#6 Roughneck45

• The Handsome Devil
  • The Handsome Devil
  • 4,452 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 09 August 2017 - 03:21 PM

View PostBigbacon, on 09 August 2017 - 07:48 AM, said:

I'm sure its not an ideal setup because I'm sure metaheads would say light gauss and MRMs are. bad.

Yup! It can put out damage though, as long as you enjoy it.

I always leaned on the AC20 for this one. New tech I'd do this. You'd probably want the ammo skill nodes. CN9-AH

Could go full speed splat too, but other mechs are better suited for it. CN9-AH

Edited by Roughneck45, 09 August 2017 - 03:25 PM.

#7 stealthraccoon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,497 posts
  • Locationnestled in a burlap sack, down in the root cellar

Posted 23 August 2017 - 06:24 PM

I ran mine with 3 MG and some ASRM6's but I bet LGauss would be fun too.

#8 Ertur

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 565 posts

Posted 23 August 2017 - 09:54 PM

AC20 + 3xSRM4. I've solo killed a night gyr, and then moved on to solo kill a timberwolf with it. Remember to shield with the left arm after you fire, keep moving around, and try to hit the same spot -- nearly any mech will fall. It is probably my most favorite mech. I call her Vera Verthandi.

#9 TripleEhBeef

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 700 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 27 August 2017 - 05:13 AM

+1 on the XL255 AC20 3 SRM4 build. The Cent AH is one of the meanest 1v1 brawlers out there.

#10 S 0 L E N Y A

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,031 posts
  • LocationWest Side

Posted 27 August 2017 - 01:21 PM

View PostBigbacon, on 09 August 2017 - 07:20 AM, said:

I just noticed that they quirked it for AC20 cooldown.. Kind of hate that. wish they'd just do liek a global ballistic cooldown of like 10% instead of forcing it to a specific weapon (probably some lore thing though i bet)

You have the wrong mech then, pure and simple.

#11 Exilyth

• Bridesmaid
  • 2,100 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 28 August 2017 - 01:48 PM

2xMRM20, 1xMRM10, 2xML, season with engine/armor/ammo/hs to taste.

60 dmg - just need to try and land them on the same location.

#12 WrathOfDeadguy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 1,951 posts

Posted 28 August 2017 - 03:48 PM

I had AC20+3xSRM4 on my AH(L) before newtech... now I have this. UAC20 is just so damn good.

Don't forget the first commandment of the Centurion: Thou shalt not drive thy Cent with 0 points of LA armor. There are other 'Mechs that can run similar builds, but only one with a fantastic shield arm.

#13 Roughneck45

• The Handsome Devil
  • The Handsome Devil
  • 4,452 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 28 August 2017 - 07:51 PM

View PostExilyth, on 28 August 2017 - 01:48 PM, said:

60 dmg - just need to try and land them on the same location.

Which is impossible because they are MRMs.

#14 The Schwartz

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 126 posts

Posted 19 October 2017 - 03:35 PM

The Quirks favor both the ac/20 and the srm's but i've found (for me) that the Asrm6x3 +3 mguns(regular) does extremely well. The problem with (in my opinion) using the 3srm2 or 3 srm4 +ac/20 is the heat factor. Yes, alone they don't generate too much heat but if you're in a position where you're piling on dps (guy you're brawling with turns to a bigger target) you tend to be too hot to take advantage of it. With the 3 mguns (0 heat) you can continually fire into the back of the guy you've been dancing around, or disable an exposed gun. Mguns are hitscan so wherever that little circle is it's hitting there (the bullet projectiles lie). Personally i set it up group 1 Asrm6 chainfire group 2 mguns group 3 Asrm6 group fire. It's very easy to manage your heat in this build and typically get a ton of kills just by having the opposition sitting helpless waiting to cool down while i either strip it's exposed guns (seems more effective vs assualts) or coring out smaller mechs. It's an incredible good varient of this mech in my opinion (use it for scouting quite a bit).

Another build that does high damage but has the whole (FINNISH HIM) problem is running 3x ssrm 6's 3 light machine guns and a BAP with a 1 ton targeting computer (gets locks fast even on ecm mechs) It's got the problem of not having concise targeting of components but, it does allow you to fire (once) while facing away from the enemy (get the lock, start torso twisting and fire) also fun vs jumpy mechs as the SSRM's will mainly hit the legs when they JJ away. Don't use armlock on this setup as you can keep tracking high flying mechs with that arm reticle. Personally, it's one of my favorite mechs in game.

#15 mogs01gt

• Shredder
  • 4,292 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 20 October 2017 - 05:14 AM

Best build is the 255xl+ 3xSRM4s +ac10. The AC10 and SRMs have similar cooldowns that allows you to alpha and twist, alpha and twist which is the key to playing the AH.
CN9-AH
Even though Cents are fairly poor mechs the AH is my favorite and IMO the best looking mech.
Posted Image

The issue with the AC20+srm4s generates too much heat and has too low of ammo.
CN9-AH
Switching to srm2's fixes the ammo issue but has less damge.
CN9-AH

Edited by mogs01gt, 20 October 2017 - 05:19 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users