#41 ocular tb

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 543 posts
  • LocationCaught Somewhere in Time

Posted 11 August 2017 - 06:01 PM

View PostMrMadguy, on 10 August 2017 - 11:59 PM, said:

Myth #1 - RNG will allow us to have diverse map rotation. No. Problem is with maps, offered for voting. If better maps, like Canyon, HPG, Mining, Turmaline would be offered - they would be picked. And with RNG rotation we will have the same Polar, River, Forest, Frozen, Polar, River, Forest, Frozen, etc. Bad thing - we won't be able to avoid terrible maps and pick at least "the best of the worst", i.e. something like Turmaline, Crimson and Plexus.

My archived stats show that when map rotation was random, maps were distributed/played more evenly. They weren't perfectly even, but much closer together than what I'm seeing now. And to your point about RNG giving us the same maps over and over- that already happens with the voting system which is why some players are interested in going back to random in the first place. So, again I'll say that my experience with random map rotation was that the maps got played more evenly and today with the voting I see a lot of the same maps over and over.

And you said with RNG you can't avoid bad maps. I can't avoid bad maps with voting anyway so what difference does it make? At least they would be more evenly played and it won't be the same ones that come up for vote over and over. And what's bad is a matter of opinion. It's obvious my opinion of Polar is much different than that of a lot of other players'.

Edited by ocular tb, 11 August 2017 - 06:06 PM.

#42 MW Waldorf Statler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,459 posts
  • LocationGermany/Berlin

Posted 12 August 2017 - 10:40 PM

View PostMethanoid, on 10 August 2017 - 05:38 AM, said:

and all using a gfx engine thats actually modernised to give the maps a better feel, a lot of maps feel static/bland like they were made with the halflife1 engine and our current ageing cryengine3 from 2009 does not do the game justice.

The Engine is good and ok for a serverbased Game, with 23 Calculation of each Shot and hit ...more bring down the performance ..the UE4 not Wonder engine ,thats bring a better game and the cryengine (today version 5.3) in many Things Better as the UE Engine (dynamic Lights,Outdoor enviroments) and what bring a New Engine a Company ,thats not can create a AI and bring the same bad animations by the madstep MKII like the Direwhale 2014?and we Russ says ...Large City Maps to difficult for PGI !

Edited by Old MW4 Ranger, 12 August 2017 - 10:40 PM.

#43 Rusharn

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 224 posts

Posted 14 August 2017 - 03:05 PM

The only map I really hate is Alpine but that is because even with the changes the east side of the map still has a huge advantage over the west side of the map. With all the other maps it is more or leas ok, but having randomized drop points could help shake things up. However we do need more maps, 18 - 24 maps would be a good number. Honestly they could open map making to the community an have a map making contest. There are plenty of players that would have the skills to put together some maps and would be happy to do so.

#44 Stonefalcon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Messenger
  • The Messenger
  • 1,373 posts
  • LocationProselytizing in the name of Our Lord and Savior the Annihilator

Posted 14 August 2017 - 03:59 PM

The original maps should be used for scouting.

#45 Wildstreak

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 5,154 posts

Posted 14 August 2017 - 04:41 PM

View PostAjantise, on 09 August 2017 - 07:47 AM, said:

1. Cut new maps in half. Nobody uses the size. Its just a performance load, and it does not bring anything good.
Voting proves that. Every time there is a small map, it wins.

2. Make new maps (not too big).

3. Make maps interactive (Explosions, bases with doors, capture of one point that gives radar....)

4. Make every mod of play possible on every map. Streamline the cover and open spaces, make it more simple. So tactics are possible even in random battles.

5. Make different heat on all maps, make mechs move slower in water, mud and lava. Wind for ballistics....

I love how these map lists always miss, "Fix graphical errors on existing maps."

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users