Alpha Strike Event With Cool New Warhorns!

146 replies to this topic

#21 Commander A9

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 8
  • 2,375 posts
  • LocationGDI East Coast Command, Fort Dix, NJ

Posted 15 August 2017 - 07:09 PM

Awesome rewards!

Some notes...

"Protected Light" and "Protected Medium" do not require you to be in a Heavy or Assault mech. They require you to be in a Light and Medium mech respectively.

Also, Teamwork 10,000 damage challenge is bugged-it awards the prize at 1,000 damage (on the prize listing board...board tracker WAS bugged. Seems to be fixed now).

Edited by Commander A9, 16 August 2017 - 11:03 AM.

#22 Tacheyon

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 46 posts

Posted 15 August 2017 - 07:19 PM

View PostCommander A9, on 15 August 2017 - 07:09 PM, said:

Awesome rewards!

Some notes...

"Protected Light" and "Protected Medium" do not require you to be in a Heavy or Assault mech. They require you to be in a Light and Medium mech respectively.

Also, Teamwork 10,000 damage challenge is bugged-it awards the prize at 1,000 damage.

Actually it's the Damage Dealer Challenge has a few bugs with it. It's Table is incorrectly titled. And the 'Achieve 10,000 Damage Dealt' is bugged saying 5 of 5 but my 'Achieve the Damage Dealer Goals' is still 2 of 3.

#23 Ertur

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 565 posts

Posted 15 August 2017 - 07:32 PM

Achieve 10,000 damage in each match for 5 matches? That's gonna be tough in a Spider.

#24 Tacheyon

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 46 posts

Posted 15 August 2017 - 07:58 PM

View PostKyrovDagger, on 15 August 2017 - 07:56 PM, said:

uhhh no. not clicking on that link. Please remove...

#25 Mechwarrior4670152

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 411 posts

Posted 15 August 2017 - 08:04 PM

View PostTacheyon, on 15 August 2017 - 07:58 PM, said:

uhhh no. not clicking on that link. Please remove...

It is a pic of his scoreboard

View PostKyrovDagger, on 15 August 2017 - 07:56 PM, said:

This is not where you would report bugs to.

Though with how... awkwardly phrased most of it is, I am not surprised there are bugs.

#26 John Stryker

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 158 posts

Posted 15 August 2017 - 08:05 PM

Nice. I can use more cbills. I spent something around 225 mil upgrading my mechs last month.

#27 Alexander of Macedon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,181 posts

Posted 15 August 2017 - 08:09 PM

View PostTacheyon, on 15 August 2017 - 07:19 PM, said:

Actually it's the Damage Dealer Challenge has a few bugs with it. It's Table is incorrectly titled. And the 'Achieve 10,000 Damage Dealt' is bugged saying 5 of 5 but my 'Achieve the Damage Dealer Goals' is still 2 of 3.

Same for me.

Additionally, the "In 2 matches TAG an Enemy Mech as it is killed at least once" challenge appears to be bugged or incorrectly described. I've gotten something like 10-12 kills of my own under those conditions since I started playing for the event, and more than that on assists.

#28 Commander A9

• Mercenary Rank 8
  • 2,375 posts
  • LocationGDI East Coast Command, Fort Dix, NJ

Posted 15 August 2017 - 08:45 PM

View PostTacheyon, on 15 August 2017 - 07:19 PM, said:

Something else...

Teamwork Challenge tracker says I have 1 complete, but two events are checked green...

View PostAlexander of Macedon, on 15 August 2017 - 08:09 PM, said:

Same for me.

Additionally, the "In 2 matches TAG an Enemy Mech as it is killed at least once" challenge appears to be bugged or incorrectly described. I've gotten something like 10-12 kills of my own under those conditions since I started playing for the event, and more than that on assists.

Did you get "TAG Kill" notifications?

Edited by Commander A9, 15 August 2017 - 08:46 PM.

#29 Kargush

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 973 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 15 August 2017 - 09:23 PM

View Postmistlynx4life, on 15 August 2017 - 05:25 PM, said:

ATTENTION:

Posted Image

There's no way I earned this correctly if that's the requirement because I don't have anything but an Urbie and three Mist Lynxes, lol. The only match I've played during the Event was a Domination on Frozen City in an MLX-G. I mean I was definitely piloting like I was an assault mech but...

#mistlynx4life

ATTENTION. Photobucked doesn't work like it used to, find a better image hosting service.

#30 Lord David Murphy

• Pip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 10 posts

Posted 15 August 2017 - 10:07 PM

Damage Dealer Goals are met (and all three green checked), yet it only counts two for the warhorn... seems broken, need some help.

And yes, it's been hours. Thank you.

#31 Tier5 Kerensky

• Bridesmaid
  • 2,049 posts

Posted 15 August 2017 - 10:28 PM

The sosial event gives nice view about the popularity of QP vs FP. Currently its (rounded) 7000 kills in FP to 25000 kills in QP. And the event has been going on about 12 hours.

I like how the premium time reward is so tied to scouting, so you can choose when you get it.

Edited by Teer Kerensky, 15 August 2017 - 10:31 PM.

#32 Audacious Aubergine

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 1,029 posts

Posted 15 August 2017 - 11:16 PM

Oooh a "destroy components" challenge? Might be time to test out those light machine gun builds I've been considering Posted Image

#33 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 15 August 2017 - 11:39 PM

Great event, thanks.

Those walkie talkie warhorns are exactly the kind of warhorn I'd actually want to use!

#34 suffocater

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 570 posts

Posted 16 August 2017 - 01:22 AM

View PostCommander A9, on 15 August 2017 - 08:45 PM, said:

Did you get "TAG Kill" notifications?

I have the same problem as he, I don't think I got the TAG Kill notification, but I am shure I met the requirements.

TAG Kill:
  • The user is tagging the target.
  • The target gets destroyed WHILE being TAGed.

#35 Dago Red

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 672 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 16 August 2017 - 01:43 AM

View Postsuffocater, on 16 August 2017 - 01:22 AM, said:

I have the same problem as he, I don't think I got the TAG Kill notification, but I am shure I met the requirements.

[/list]

Last time this was part of an event they incorrectly described it and required more of them.

I believe it only counts if an ally gets the kill with a lock on weapon. So pug it up and hope for LRM potato's on your own team.

Edited by Dago Red, 17 August 2017 - 11:00 AM.

#36 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,245 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 16 August 2017 - 01:56 AM

Another Event with at least one requirement that's been pushed beyond reasonability... If it weren't for the state of mind that I'm in right now, I might have been ignoring this. -_-

As for this...

View Postsuffocater, on 16 August 2017 - 01:22 AM, said:

Sounds to me like something PGI has set up to require someone TAG'ing while someone else LRMs them to death. And everyone wanted LRMs nerfed? I think you (and a truckload of other people) need to yell at PGI for the BaseLine LRM Range to be returned to 950 Meters, because people don't have enough reach in general with LRMs to help make that succeed. <_<

~Mr. D. V. "I have the bad feeling I know what PGI pulled here... and so does the guy who posted before me." Devnull

#37 Rebel Ace Fryslan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 439 posts
  • LocationAd Astra

Posted 16 August 2017 - 02:15 AM

Wished the FP-world would be an engaging battle ground where the real story was felt and played.

#38 MrKvola

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Scythe
  • The Scythe
  • 329 posts

Posted 16 August 2017 - 02:55 AM

View PostD V Devnull, on 16 August 2017 - 01:56 AM, said:

Another Event with at least one requirement that's been pushed beyond reasonability... If it weren't for the state of mind that I'm in right now, I might have been ignoring this. Posted Image

As for this...
Sounds to me like something PGI has set up to require someone TAG'ing while someone else LRMs them to death. And everyone wanted LRMs nerfed? I think you (and a truckload of other people) need to yell at PGI for the BaseLine LRM Range to be returned to 950 Meters, because people don't have enough reach in general with LRMs to help make that succeed. Posted Image

~Mr. D. V. "I have the bad feeling I know what PGI pulled here... and so does the guy who posted before me." Devnull

You could SSRM people to death, regardless of any LRMs while benefitting from the TAG... or just kill them with whatever other weapon you happen to be carrying. LRMs absolutely not required. Only a TAG. And no, LRMs do not need to have their base range returned nowhere, they are useless at that range anyway.

#39 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,245 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 16 August 2017 - 02:56 AM

View PostRebel Ace Fryslan, on 16 August 2017 - 02:15 AM, said:

Wished the FP-world would be an engaging battle ground where the real story was felt and played.

Doesn't really feel like "Warfare", does it? Seems like "Unreal Tournament 2004" and "Unreal Tournament 3" did a better job in that regard. :(

~D. V. "I somewhat get the idea of how you're feeling..." Devnull

#40 suffocater

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 570 posts

Posted 16 August 2017 - 02:59 AM

So basically, if I want that reward, I have to put streaks and tag on my stormcrow and do it myself? Otherwise that just eats time and nerves.

Edited by suffocater, 16 August 2017 - 03:17 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users