#101 G SE7EN7

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 579 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationGaledon District

Posted 19 August 2017 - 12:47 AM

Thanks Sereglach for the notes and write up, cbf listening to the podcast for 3+hrs.

Edit: glad I didnt waste my time listening, seems like a lot of talk about things that cant (or wont) be done.

Edited by G SE7EN7, 19 August 2017 - 01:22 AM.

#102 Alistair Winter

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 10,823 posts
  • LocationBergen, Norway, FRR

Posted 19 August 2017 - 01:02 AM

Thanks for the cliff notes, Sereglach.

Sounds like nothing really interesting happening until we get the big urban map in January or February, and some 8v8. I will probably be back for that.

Solaris probably won't come until summer 2018, from the sound of it. Maybe the custom geometry will be available then too. I'd like to see it in the game, if for no other reason than to say that I may have contributed a little bit to the production of MWO. However, this all sounds extremely tentative. The only parts that seem imminent are the maps and the event system. Who knows how long everything else will take.

When Russ says stuff like "It would be cool if people could walk around in their mechlab", it sounds like one of those things that are 1-4 years away. Anyway, maybe Solaris will bring back some players, myself included. They gave up trying to make MWO immersive, so it makes sense that quasi e-sports is their next project.

#103 Calebos

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 19 August 2017 - 01:15 AM

View PostEd Steele, on 18 August 2017 - 05:49 PM, said:

Not false, they are "seriously considering it" because internal testers think it is better and it could possibly help reduce lag especially for Oceanic players.

:DDD They are so funny! This game still is not able to handle more 24 players in one single match still with monstrous data delivery delays(yes I am speaking of server lags with sh*tt*sh hosting) loading forever each small change and they are still speaking about so nonsense so called changes ... really PGI start to use brains ...

#104 Mi Ro Ki

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-shu
  • Tai-shu
  • 106 posts
  • LocationEta Carinae

Posted 19 August 2017 - 01:40 AM

3 hours of all fart and no s h i t.

Dreams and more dreams. And not fixing current content. Waste of resources.

Edited by Mi Ro Ki, 19 August 2017 - 01:43 AM.

#105 anfadern

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 270 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 19 August 2017 - 01:59 AM

2 new maps!
8v8!
Solaris
Good news indeed
Posted Image

#106 Sleepyboy14

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 120 posts
  • LocationChicago, Terra

Posted 19 August 2017 - 03:33 AM

View Postanfadern, on 19 August 2017 - 01:59 AM, said:

2 new maps!
8v8!
Solaris
Good news indeed
Posted Image

Just need some voice packs then I'm set.

Edited by SonolentoMetalREX, 19 August 2017 - 03:34 AM.

#107 FrigginWaffle

• PipPip
  • Death Star
  • Death Star
  • 29 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 19 August 2017 - 04:33 AM

Don't go for 8v8. Keep 12v12, please. Quick play has a faster que rate than group play anyways. Big battles are nice (and I don't feel like they are too big now).

#108 warner2

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,101 posts

Posted 19 August 2017 - 05:10 AM

"Mechs will also be categorized into 7 divisions based on the variants themselves."

This part sounds like a bad idea, error prone, and subjective. They should just leave it open and let players use the good chassis and ignore the bad chassis. PGI should then concentrate on making those bad chassis better by fixing the models (ideally, e.g. smaller or better proportioned) or via quirks (can be a bit haphazard).

#109 Kael Posavatz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 971 posts
  • LocationOn a quest to find the Star League

Posted 19 August 2017 - 05:27 AM

was there a transcript?

#110 Ausajax

• Pip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 19 posts

Posted 19 August 2017 - 05:38 AM

Based off the summary Sereglach gave and what I've seen of the video so far, I'll be pretty happy with what's proposed. Specifically looking forward to Solaris and the new maps.

My first impressions are that I like the idea of the divisions for mechs not solely based on tonnage. It would be nice to have a little mobility between divisions so if a mechs becomes dominant in a division, it is bumped up to keep the divisions a bit more dynamic or vice versa. Shifting meta tends to keep the game interesting.

#111 MustrumRidcully

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 10,644 posts

Posted 19 August 2017 - 05:59 AM

Thanks for your notes, Sereglach, very much appreciated!

View PostSereglach, on 18 August 2017 - 06:48 PM, said:

- 8v8 Quick Play: They've been assessing the feelings of the community, and they're looking at changing QUICK PLAY ONLY back to 8v8 (like it was back in the day for people who've been around a few years). Matches up well with comp play, will have positive impacts on matchmaker and queues. Oceanic and other regions/playtimes will benefit greatly, as well. Creates a solid gameplay dynamic of 4v4 scouting, 8v8 quick play/competitive, and 12v12 faction play in PGI's mind. Should also push larger groups to play in Faction Play as well, and focus the quick play group queue on smaller groups. However, this change is not absolute, and they're encouraging debate and discussion on the forums. They release this is a potentially polarizing and controversial change and want to see the discussions and debates over the potential change. However, making the change is quick and reasonably easy, so whether they flip the switch or not the work isn't going to be done until the decision is made.

I'd like that.

- Loot Crate Revamp: It's going to be completely revamped. Too much like a "Counterstrike" and completely randomized system. It's going to go to more of an "Overwatch" style system where when you get a crate, you get everything in the crate. The contents of the crates will be completely overhauled to take this into account; and Solaris will have some of its own specific crates. You may also be able to just buy crates outright, like the "Overwatch" system.

I am not familiar with either loot crate systems. But the current system is so ... underwhelming that there is a good chance it will be an improvement. And if not, nothing of value is really lost.

#112 SuperFunkTron

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Slayer
  • The Slayer
  • 910 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 19 August 2017 - 06:01 AM

View PostMi Ro Ki, on 19 August 2017 - 01:40 AM, said:

3 hours of all fart and no s h i t.

Dreams and more dreams. And not fixing current content. Waste of resources.

How did you get to that conclusion? First, when someone discusses plans, those are things yet to arrive. Why would they deliver something outside of a patch?

Next, you do realize that they fixed some MAJOR bugs in FP in this last patch and that every patch their is a list of fixes they have made. Some of those are small details, some of them much bigger, but they are consistently there.

Last, even with my favorite points not yet being a major priority and feeling that FP needs more development before they implement Solaris, I'm still impressed by the amount of work they're putting in and the features they've got lined up. Even if there is a delay or only 50% is delivered, the ideas they spoke about today will be worthwhile improvements to the game.

#113 Calebos

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 19 August 2017 - 06:37 AM

View PostSuperFunkTron, on 19 August 2017 - 06:01 AM, said:

How did you get to that conclusion? First, when someone discusses plans, those are things yet to arrive. Why would they deliver something outside of a patch?

Next, you do realize that they fixed some MAJOR bugs in FP in this last patch and that every patch their is a list of fixes they have made. Some of those are small details, some of them much bigger, but they are consistently there.

Last, even with my favorite points not yet being a major priority and feeling that FP needs more development before they implement Solaris, I'm still impressed by the amount of work they're putting in and the features they've got lined up. Even if there is a delay or only 50% is delivered, the ideas they spoke about today will be worthwhile improvements to the game.

To be honest I cannot see that "so much" work anywhere. Just horribly slow response of all gui parts. Ugly hosting. Bad engine implementation. Bad gfx. the very basics of this game suck.

#114 G SE7EN7

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 579 posts

Posted 19 August 2017 - 07:08 AM

When is Incursion getting reworked. Russ has revived IS light rushed with this, yeah yeah.

#115 SuperFunkTron

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Slayer
  • The Slayer
  • 910 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 19 August 2017 - 07:21 AM

View PostCalebos, on 19 August 2017 - 06:37 AM, said:

To be honest I cannot see that "so much" work anywhere. Just horribly slow response of all gui parts. Ugly hosting. Bad engine implementation. Bad gfx. the very basics of this game suck.

I can concede that not a lot of the updates have been overt changes to things that we directly interact, but there has consistently been many back end updates and fixes that you can check in each of the patch notes. Despite the majority of the work not being seen, there have been huge things such as the Civil War update, great events, game mode adjustments and additions (incursion), etc... It's easy to over look the work they are putting in, but it doesn't justify being thankless or asserting that they aren't doing anything. I have attached the most recent fix list just so you can see how many individual items were addressed in the last month alone.
August patch fixes
Spoiler

#116 G SE7EN7

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 579 posts

Posted 19 August 2017 - 07:27 AM

View PostSuperFunkTron, on 19 August 2017 - 07:21 AM, said:

I can concede that not a lot of the updates have been overt changes to things that we directly interact, but there has consistently been many back end updates and fixes that you can check in each of the patch notes. Despite the majority of the work not being seen, there have been huge things such as the Civil War update, great events, game mode adjustments and additions (incursion), etc... It's easy to over look the work they are putting in, but it doesn't justify being thankless or asserting that they aren't doing anything. I have attached the most recent fix list just so you can see how many individual items were addressed in the last month alone.
August patch fixes
Spoiler

Dont suger coat it, Calebos hits the nail on the head, fix the basics.

#117 SuperFunkTron

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Slayer
  • The Slayer
  • 910 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 19 August 2017 - 07:41 AM

View PostG SE7EN7, on 19 August 2017 - 07:27 AM, said:

Dont suger coat it, Calebos hits the nail on the head, fix the basics.

So what do all those fixes count as? Am I not understanding something here or is there just a difference in interpretation?

#118 Pepito Sbazzeguti

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 95 posts

Posted 19 August 2017 - 08:10 AM

View PostFrigginWaffle, on 19 August 2017 - 04:33 AM, said:

Don't go for 8v8. Keep 12v12, please. Quick play has a faster que rate than group play anyways. Big battles are nice (and I don't feel like they are too big now).

In my opinion things did start to go wrong in this game with the 12v12 release, I will be very happy with 8v8 return.

However I have to say not all map will be good with 16 players, some are too big, I remember the time in 8v8 when in Terra Therma or Alpine Peaks assault and skirmish modes, the better way to complete the match was pressing ESC and searching for another one.

I can not wait to finally play 8v8 again but if possible i prefer some map restriction and have 12v12 too in those big map like Alpine and Polar.

Edited by Pepito Sbazzeguti, 19 August 2017 - 08:13 AM.

#119 Unnatural Growth

• Bridesmaid
  • 1,055 posts

Posted 19 August 2017 - 09:18 AM

View PostProsperity Park, on 17 August 2017 - 02:07 PM, said:

A salt mine on an island.

Logged in just to "like" this post.

Just Lol. Well played Sir.

#120 FireStoat

• The Tracker
  • The Tracker
  • 1,053 posts

Posted 19 August 2017 - 09:33 AM

8v8 replacing 12v12 with the same matchmaker in place will be a massive failure. Players who are super-star Tier 1's will continue to be matched against tier 5's in their first month of the game and will wipe them out with only half an effort. Also, the peer pressure for players to ONLY use meta-builds on the best mechs for 8v8 where every slot counts will rise to a new extreme. The piles of salt will be real, and people calling out others by name for 'screwing around in my match!' will become even more common.

I really hope PGI thinks this one through.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users