*Center torso intensifies*

#22 Juodas Varnas

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,534 posts
  • LocationGrand Duchy of Lithuania

Posted 16 August 2017 - 12:53 PM

The mech could use a few extra legs on it.

#23 stealthraccoon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,497 posts
  • Locationnestled in a burlap sack, down in the root cellar

Posted 16 August 2017 - 12:57 PM

That is the worst UM-R68 rendition I have seen.

#24 Peter Overheater

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 119 posts
  • LocationGazorpazorp

Posted 16 August 2017 - 12:59 PM

How about getting rid of the Gauss/Ppc ghost heat link? Or at least removing 2xGauss 1xERPPC and vice versa?

#25 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,198 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 16 August 2017 - 01:11 PM

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 16 August 2017 - 11:40 AM, said:

Posted Image

Wow, that must be one of the most beautiful mechs out there.
Long barrels... <3

Will Russ be answering questions? If yes, here are some:
  • Any update on Solaris?
  • Any plan for adding PvE? (bots in private lobby would do)
  • New maps on the works? What's the theme of them?

#26 Gabbatek

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 173 posts

Posted 16 August 2017 - 01:22 PM

PLEASE FIX THE LOW CPU USAGE.

I SHOULDNT HAVE TO PUT THE SYSTEM IN HIGH PERFORMANCE JUST TO GET IT USE THE MAX CPU AT 4.2GHZ

no other game has this issue and its had this for over a year now

#27 Grayson Sortek

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 371 posts

Posted 16 August 2017 - 01:41 PM

View PostOdanan, on 16 August 2017 - 01:11 PM, said:

[/center]
Wow, that must be one of the most beautiful mechs out there.
Long barrels... <3

Will Russ be answering questions? If yes, here are some:
  • Any update on Solaris?
  • Any plan for adding PvE? (bots in private lobby would do)
  • New maps on the works? What's the theme of them?

I've been asking for PvE for a very, very, very long time. My hope was elevated a little bit when the tutorials came out... Unfortunately it has been a long time since then and my hope has withered away. God I would love PvE. Let my friends and I group up and do some PvE missions or something and earn some c-bills... Not everyone wants a competitive multiplayer game ALL. THE. TIME.

I know if there were PvE options most of my friends who have stopped playing would come back... but I doubt it will ever happen.

#28 Jay Leon Hart

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 4,669 posts

Posted 16 August 2017 - 02:07 PM

Nice Nova Cat. Can you fix my Uziels? Thanks Posted Image

#29 C E Dwyer

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 16 August 2017 - 02:58 PM

View PostW E N D I G O, on 16 August 2017 - 01:18 PM, said:

This. Among nearly all tabletop models this one's was really a beau. And now it's ruined by a motorcycle helmet design. Pretty please consider to remodel it to stay more close to the traditional version. It really is so iconic to this chassis.

Posted Image

Meh, had my doubts since I saw the concept art. Gonna refund if it stays that way.

Umm no thanks, I'll take the P.G.I look

#30 Alexandra Hekmatyar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Marshal
  • Marshal
  • 774 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 16 August 2017 - 03:05 PM

Can't wait. ^_^

Posted Image

#31 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,198 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 16 August 2017 - 03:05 PM

View PostCathy, on 16 August 2017 - 02:58 PM, said:

Umm no thanks, I'll take the P.G.I look

Yep, me too.

PGI's head remind me of the Optimus Prime (and I'm fine with it).

#32 PrimeMehster

• Pip
  • The Challenger
  • The Challenger
  • 14 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 16 August 2017 - 03:37 PM

Wow, that model actually looks fantastic. The concept renders are usually great, but this model seems to have kept the proportions that were first drawn down to a point, which is real nice. I also wish the head could be a bit more angular like some of you guys want, but this head style is starting to grow on me.

Also, WEAPON BARRELS!

They are fantastic, and every mech could use some.
Although, sadly the right arm can never have the three long barreled PPCs that are shown in the WIP shot, as none of the pods have a 3E slot, which is a shame. Maybe this hints at a possible change (lore non-withstanding)?
If this was an error, then can we at least get a confirmation of what pod spots are used on the arm? Do the weapons fill the triangle setup of pods from bottom to middle? Top to middle? Skip the middle and just top and bottom? I'm super tempted to pre-order this for the simple fact that this is a Nova Cat alone, but I wouldn't mind any details where I could take them...

#33 Andi Nagasia

Volunteer Moderator

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 16 August 2017 - 03:38 PM

im hoping,
1) whats happening with Maps,
2) Solaris update info,
3) New Tech coming next year,
4) ENGINE UPGRADE(Unreal?)

#34 Mark Nicholson

3D Artist

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 263 posts

Posted 16 August 2017 - 03:45 PM

View PostPrimeMehster, on 16 August 2017 - 03:37 PM, said:

Also, WEAPON BARRELS! They are fantastic, and every mech could use some. Although, sadly the right arm can never have the three long barreled PPCs that are shown in the WIP shot, as none of the pods have a 3E slot, which is a shame. Maybe this hints at a possible change (lore non-withstanding)? If this was an error, then can we at least get a confirmation of what pod spots are used on the arm? Do the weapons fill the triangle setup of pods from bottom to middle? Top to middle? Skip the middle and just top and bottom? I'm super tempted to pre-order this for the simple fact that this is a Nova Cat alone, but I wouldn't mind any details where I could take them...

yes, the 3rd PPC is an error.

I'd realized after I put that up that I'd forgotten to delete the 3rd ppc in that arm. I'd made 3 because that's where I'd started making them, and had to mirror 3 over to the other left arm, which has 3 energy hardpoints and needs 3 ppcs. Welcome to work in progress (I've even made minor changes to them since then).

#35 SuperFunkTron

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Slayer
  • The Slayer
  • 910 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 16 August 2017 - 04:04 PM

That's a great preview of the Nova Cat.

I'm really hoping that we get more info about FP. I'd really like to find out if there is any plan to start adding any sort of feature that expands on the mode in between battles, affect mech options, Faction Specific Mechs, Dynamic Alliances... anything that builds on what we have now would be a very welcome improvement.

#36 Vancer2

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 94 posts

Posted 16 August 2017 - 04:56 PM

Nova cat looks EXACTLY like the one in Mechwarrior living legends. Wow....

View PostAndi Nagasia, on 16 August 2017 - 03:38 PM, said:

im hoping,
1) whats happening with Maps,
2) Solaris update info,
3) New Tech coming next year,
4) ENGINE UPGRADE(Unreal?)

This. I want Jihad era tech...

#37 ShootterMcGavin

• PipPipPip
  • The Terror
  • The Terror
  • 65 posts
  • LocationSlam Diego, CA

Posted 16 August 2017 - 05:04 PM

Sweet, looking forward to it!

#38 NocturnalBeast

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts
  • LocationDusting off my Mechs.

Posted 16 August 2017 - 05:04 PM

View PostGrayson Sortek, on 16 August 2017 - 01:41 PM, said:

I've been asking for PvE for a very, very, very long time. My hope was elevated a little bit when the tutorials came out... Unfortunately it has been a long time since then and my hope has withered away. God I would love PvE. Let my friends and I group up and do some PvE missions or something and earn some c-bills... Not everyone wants a competitive multiplayer game ALL. THE. TIME.

I know if there were PvE options most of my friends who have stopped playing would come back... but I doubt it will ever happen.

You do realize that MW5 is going to be the PVE game and MWO will be the PVP game right? I do hope that MW5 includes co-op multiplayer missions that give you rewards / resources in the PVE game similar to the way that Mass Effect Andromeda does, because this would greatly add to the longevity of MW5. Also, if co-op PVE is included in MW5, hopefully we can host the games ourselves and PGI just provides a lobby service for finding other players (they could use Steam for this).

Edited by Ed Steele, 16 August 2017 - 05:05 PM.

#39 Sereglach

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 1,563 posts
  • LocationWherever things are burning.

Posted 16 August 2017 - 05:10 PM

Well, in case Russ is taking questions, I'll re-ask these, since they got skipped over in the last town hall:

At the time of Flamergeddon and the "fix" thrown onto the weapon to make it not break the game, Russ had stated that discussion of revamping the functionality of the Flamer and going to fixed, flat numbers (no exponential scaling or pseudo-cooldowns) was a discussion for another time. Now is that time. Therefore, will we see Flamers be brought to fixed flat values? Why didn't Flamers see any work or adjustments with this series of energy weapon adjustments?

In addition, with the new Flamer skill tree nodes, why are we seeing nodes adjust values that Russ told us absolutely COULD NOT be changed without potentially rebreaking the game? Is this also why the value of the nodes is so low as to be inconsequential and essentially worthless? Going to fixed flat values would allow the use of more suitable and viable nodes, as well as easier weapon balancing.

#40 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,198 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 16 August 2017 - 05:36 PM

View PostEd Steele, on 16 August 2017 - 05:04 PM, said:

You do realize that MW5 is going to be the PVE game and MWO will be the PVP game right? I do hope that MW5 includes co-op multiplayer missions that give you rewards / resources in the PVE game similar to the way that Mass Effect Andromeda does, because this would greatly add to the longevity of MW5. Also, if co-op PVE is included in MW5, hopefully we can host the games ourselves and PGI just provides a lobby service for finding other players (they could use Steam for this).

whynotbothmexicangirl.jpg

I mean, if they are implementing AI for MW5, it's no harm to add the same logic here, even if only in Private Lobby. Besides, MW5 won't have all mechs MWO has (because of the setting).

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users