124 replies to this topic

#1 InnerSphereNews

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 2,773 posts

Posted 16 August 2017 - 12:42 PM

Starts: Sept 6th at 2 PM PST (9 PM UTC)
Ends: Sept 13th at 2 PM PST (9 PM UTC)

20% off the Bushwacker and Huntsman Packages, Add-ons, and Gift Codes!

also available for gifting!

#2 PAQUERA

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 121 posts

Posted 16 August 2017 - 01:04 PM

First!!
and well done PGI!

#3 Arnfinn

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10 posts
  • LocationFrozen Tundra

Posted 16 August 2017 - 01:07 PM

Who would buy a Kodiak or a Night Gyr after you molested them? And with actual RL dollaridoos/blood diamonds from Sierra Leone? That's like paying someone to pull out your nails.

#4 YUyahoo

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 339 posts

Posted 16 August 2017 - 01:11 PM

View PostPAQUERA, on 16 August 2017 - 01:04 PM, said:

First!!
and well done PGI!

Really? I haven't seen this silliness since the 90s when people cared who posted first lol!

#5 D V Devnull

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,245 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 16 August 2017 - 01:18 PM

A sale on the website, without a matching (C-Bill) sale on the In-Game Store? DANGIT, they blew it again!!! <_<

As for this...

View PostYUyahoo, on 16 August 2017 - 01:11 PM, said:

View PostPAQUERA, on 16 August 2017 - 01:04 PM, said:

First!!
and well done PGI!

Really? I haven't seen this silliness since the 90s when people cared who posted first lol!

You missed me, about a few threads ago... Not like I particularly care about who got the first slot, but I just had THAT particular luck... LOL :P

~D. V. "It had to happen eventually, right? Still something HAD to be missing..." Devnull

[Edit by Post Author for a Missed Formatting.]

Edited by D V Devnull, 16 August 2017 - 01:19 PM.

#6 Kaoba

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Predator
  • The Predator
  • 214 posts
  • LocationMordor

Posted 16 August 2017 - 01:36 PM

View PostArnfinn, on 16 August 2017 - 01:07 PM, said:

Who would buy a Kodiak or a Night Gyr after you molested them? And with actual RL dollaridoos/blood diamonds from Sierra Leone? That's like paying someone to pull out your nails.

THIS, why would someone bother buying a KDK after they got screw by the engine desync

#7 mobiusdisco

Rookie

• The Fallen
  • The Fallen
  • 5 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 16 August 2017 - 01:48 PM

I may actually end up getting the cyclops or roughneck. I know you'll get flak one way or another but I can dig this!

#8 stealthraccoon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,497 posts
  • Locationnestled in a burlap sack, down in the root cellar

Posted 16 August 2017 - 01:48 PM

I love the sale idea and your graphic - but I would have no idea how to drive either of those fancy things!

Edit: dang, I do need a mech bundle or two...

Edited by stealthraccoon, 18 August 2017 - 02:44 PM.

#9 Navid A1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • 4,931 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 16 August 2017 - 02:01 PM

I wanted to buy a spirit bear add on since I have the standard pack.
but... after you gutted all the kodiaks because a certain build on a KDK-3 was good, I'm not finding a single reason to buy it now.

Edited by Navid A1, 16 August 2017 - 02:02 PM.

#10 cougurt

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2023 Silver Champ
  • CS 2023 Silver Champ
  • 667 posts

Posted 16 August 2017 - 02:26 PM

View PostNavid A1, on 16 August 2017 - 02:01 PM, said:

but... after you gutted all the kodiaks because a certain build on a KDK-3 was good, I'm not finding a single reason to buy it now.

spirit bears are a very rare sight now, and the ones i do see are usually LRM/ATM boats. it used to be one of my favorite mechs, but now it's just absolute junk.

#11 Steve Pryde

• Ace Of Spades
  • 1,464 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 16 August 2017 - 02:34 PM

Yeah, the Hero isn't worth the money anymore. Crippled a brawler thanks to engine/agility decoupling. Not worth even a cent coin. It was fun in the past but now? Forget it.

#12 Grayson Sortek

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 371 posts

Posted 16 August 2017 - 02:54 PM

Add in the bonuses and we will talk.

#13 Marius Evander

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 16 August 2017 - 03:42 PM

Sleipnir and the 9 missile hardpoints cyclops are 2 great mechs atm

And roughnecks next week have 4 good variants

#14 vibrant

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron
  • The Patron
  • 209 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 16 August 2017 - 06:08 PM

Please PGI, if you're going to ask players for more money by purchasing Kodiaks, do something about the Spirit Bear.

Really. The Spirit Bear. I cannot believe that all the statistics you guys are gathering for balance purposes, show that the SB -- a mech that we purchase with real money - is actually performing on the level that it should be. It's a once-agile brawler that now moves like a sloth, and a heavy-*** MASC that after your mobility changes barely does anything.

What incentive do I have to purchase hero mechs or mechpacks when you so casually invalidate ones that I've already purchased?

#15 5th Fedcom Rat

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 893 posts

Posted 16 August 2017 - 06:44 PM

View Postvibrant, on 16 August 2017 - 06:08 PM, said:

Really. The Spirit Bear. I cannot believe that all the statistics you guys are gathering for balance purposes, show that the SB -- a mech that we purchase with real money - is actually performing on the level that it should be. It's a once-agile brawler that now moves like a sloth, and a heavy-*** MASC that after your mobility changes barely does anything.

That's why it's on sale. And why the Night Gyr and Roughneck are on sale next week. It's the poor sellers that they have to drop the price on, obviously.

#16 Magik Jack

• PipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 77 posts

Posted 16 August 2017 - 10:54 PM

And the irony here is that post-nerf the Kodiak 3 still performs, and well, while the Sloth-Bear is even more challenging/frustrating to play.

#17 Tarriss Halcyon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bold
  • The Bold
  • 239 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia

Posted 17 August 2017 - 01:46 AM

I still perform well with my Spirit Bear; though the engine desync annoys me immensely. Playing it as an SRM brawler is still viable if you position wisely.

The problem is, they went from quite possibly THE BEST SRM brawler at 100 tonnes to one of the most situational. Spirit Bear used to be able to outspeed it's CQC rivals in the Atlas, and it's torso movement and firepower meant that for a 100-tonner; running a C-XL400 meant that it could DANCE. Now it really only works as a surprise attacker and flanker, and is pretty much reliant on skill and a good serve of luck to get that going. I'd love to see it get some much-needed attention.

#18 Kompleks Ognevoi Podderzhki 320

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 368 posts

Posted 17 August 2017 - 02:34 AM

Who now needs a bear? Previously, he was relevant in the FP, after the nerf of the clan weapons, the pilots came up with how to revive him. And after that, the deck is cut to 240 tons. And for a quick game the same Gladiator is times better. By the way, for a long time that I did not see the bears in the FP. And less and less in a fast game. For Dair Wolf, I forgot that he exists.

#19 cougurt

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2023 Silver Champ
  • CS 2023 Silver Champ
  • 667 posts

Posted 17 August 2017 - 05:03 AM

View PostTarriss Halcyon, on 17 August 2017 - 01:46 AM, said:

I still perform well with my Spirit Bear; though the engine desync annoys me immensely. Playing it as an SRM brawler is still viable if you position wisely.

The problem is, they went from quite possibly THE BEST SRM brawler at 100 tonnes to one of the most situational. Spirit Bear used to be able to outspeed it's CQC rivals in the Atlas, and it's torso movement and firepower meant that for a 100-tonner; running a C-XL400 meant that it could DANCE. Now it really only works as a surprise attacker and flanker, and is pretty much reliant on skill and a good serve of luck to get that going. I'd love to see it get some much-needed attention.

even calling it situational is being pretty generous. i struggle to think of a situation in which i would prefer it over any other mech that can run a similar loadout. it's not tanky, it has very poor agility, and MASC takes so long to get up to full speed that its distinction of being the fastest assault brawler means practically nothing.

#20 Zookeeper Dan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 487 posts
  • LocationBeer City USA

Posted 17 August 2017 - 08:41 AM

I really enjoy the Cyclops! I'd pick up the Slepnir if I didn't own it already! I'll have to think about the reinforcement pack for the ECM 11-P, although the Stalker 3FP has been my go-to ECM assault recently. The 11-A-DC looks like it could run a mini-atlas setup that would be fun!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users