124 replies to this topic

#81 Bownd

• PipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 29 posts

Posted 24 August 2017 - 02:55 PM

PGI,

I missed out on the mechbay sales. I didn't even know they were on sale on August 21st.
Alot of the online players weren't aware either that I've asked.

Is there any way to have it on sale for 48 hours again soon?

#82 Juodas Varnas

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,534 posts
  • LocationGrand Duchy of Lithuania

Posted 24 August 2017 - 10:57 PM

Viper vs Assassin next sale?

So the last sale logically should be 2 lights, yeah?
Urbie vs Javelin, eh?

#83 Dee Eight

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 25 August 2017 - 01:34 AM

Probably Jenner IIC vs something

#84 T0nkaTruckDriver

• Pip
  • Bad Company
  • 12 posts

Posted 25 August 2017 - 06:32 PM

Colors and Patterns are supposed to be on sale currently. I see patterns as showing the proper sale price, but colors do not appear to be discounted. Can anyone else confirm?

#85 NocturnalBeast

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts
  • LocationDusting off my Mechs.

Posted 25 August 2017 - 08:50 PM

Damn, I was going to buy the 20% off MC, but then I noticed the sale ended at 00:00 UTC!

#86 Marius Evander

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 25 August 2017 - 09:51 PM

View PostT0nkaTruckDriver, on 25 August 2017 - 06:32 PM, said:

Colors and Patterns are supposed to be on sale currently. I see patterns as showing the proper sale price, but colors do not appear to be discounted. Can anyone else confirm?

^ What he said

"
Color Sale! 50% off All the Colors
*OneShot Patterns 50% off!

"

Colors aren't on sale patterns are please clarify thankyou Posted Image

#87 Ovion

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 3,182 posts

Posted 27 August 2017 - 05:30 AM

I've checked each day, and not once have I seen any of the sales. Very disappointing.

#88 Desintegrator

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,225 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 27 August 2017 - 09:39 AM

Only the packages ?
Nope, wait for another sale...

#89 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 30 August 2017 - 12:14 PM

For those who were wondering about the sales on colors, I'm just now catching up with this thread. It so happens the colors were indeed on sale @ 50% off, even though they had no direct indicator. You'll now find all those colors have gone back up to where they were before the sale. Ones that were 500 (MC) during the sale period will now read 1000 (MC) in the Camo Spec screen. :o

As for me, if I hadn't used up so much of my hard-earned, Event-acquired (MC) between picking up a KDK-SB (which I've also found bloody tough to play properly most of the time since I got it... The only Kodiak that deserved the Nerfs so heavily was the KDK-3, but NOT the KDK-1/2/4/5/SB... Hell, the ones with DWF, AS7, NVA, SHC, and CPLT headers all need some buffs!!!) and a recharge of needed spare Mech Bays, then I might have picked up some Decals and Colors. I'm going to need a lot of (MC) from Events (Which, really, I do appreciate being able to earn (MC) from Events!) before I can really spend out that much more. So, I'll have to look forward to more Events where I can pick some up. :mellow:

~Mr. D. V. "PGI didn't joke about their sales, but I wish I could have utilized more of them." Devnull

[Edit by Post Author for a single boneheadedly missed piece of a thought about 12 hours ago!!!]

Edited by D V Devnull, 30 August 2017 - 11:56 PM.

#90 Pariah Devalis

• The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationAboard the NCS True Path

Posted 30 August 2017 - 01:20 PM

Assassin should be a good buy for IS pilots looking for a super fast missile brawler medium. Actually a solid little pick for Scouting mode. Viper... not so much. However, next week's sale is pure platinum goodness for both IS and Clan pilots for medium mech options.

#91 Dee Eight

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 30 August 2017 - 01:43 PM

View PostBownd, on 24 August 2017 - 02:55 PM, said:

PGI,

I missed out on the mechbay sales. I didn't even know they were on sale on August 21st.
Alot of the online players weren't aware either that I've asked.

Is there any way to have it on sale for 48 hours again soon?

That means little. Most players never look at the website at all, thus never know sales or events are happening.

#92 Kuaron

• Senior Captain
  • Senior Captain
  • 1,105 posts

Posted 30 August 2017 - 03:10 PM

Concerning the upcoming Bushwacker sale:
Is the standard pack worth it, with loyalty rewards in mind (I haven't bought a pack this year yet), or are there more or less 3 copies of the same Mech in there?
Or are the better BSW missing there?

#93 The Lighthouse

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 1,136 posts

Posted 30 August 2017 - 04:28 PM

View PostKuaron, on 30 August 2017 - 03:10 PM, said:

Concerning the upcoming Bushwacker sale:
Is the standard pack worth it, with loyalty rewards in mind (I haven't bought a pack this year yet), or are there more or less 3 copies of the same Mech in there?
Or are the better BSW missing there?

P1 has 6 missile hardpoints, but you can get 4 ASRM6 on S2.

P2 and High Roller are quite similar, they both give you 4 energy hardpoints, and I'd say High Roller has a bit better hardpoints since three of the hardpoints can be equipped with weapons with more than 2 slots.

That said, other than P2 and HR, all of Bushwackers are for ballistic and missiles. Hope this helps. I personally bought the complete pack and have no regrets.

#94 Kuaron

• Senior Captain
  • Senior Captain
  • 1,105 posts

Posted 30 August 2017 - 05:56 PM

Thanks, it helps somewhat... I guess...
But aren't the ballistic + missile ones too similar to justify a standard pack for the money?
You don't need three of them for mastering after all.

#95 SCHLIMMER BESTIMMER XXX

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 879 posts
  • LocationNiemalsland

Posted 30 August 2017 - 07:31 PM

View PostCub, on 17 August 2017 - 10:37 AM, said:

I've pretty much stopped playing this game since they did what they did to the Spirit Bear but still come back to monitor if any changes have healed my favorite 'mech of all time. Had started a few threads, sent in e-mails, messaged various members of the team through Twitter, sat in on Town Halls....nothing. Well, I did get one response during the a Town Hall, but it was from that NGNG midget Wolverine wannabe, and he basically said I was a ****** Kodiak pilot if I can't still put up huge damage numbers in the Spirit Bear in it's current state. So...on a fundamental level, I'm not sure the folks over there understand why we are upset and despise any plea for reconsideration. I really hope they take another look at the problem and I will take this opportunity to once again ask, please tweak acceleration and deceleration rates on the Spirit Bear.

Oh well...in a way I'm thankful, I've discovered some really great new games and companies that are much more deserving of my financial support. Good play PGI. Normally I'd be buying packs for friends (as I've done in the past) of the beautiful Kodiak with what could have been an incredible deal. But in it's current state......are you kidding me?

Posted Image

Edited by SHRedo, 30 August 2017 - 07:32 PM.

#96 Ovion

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 3,182 posts

Posted 31 August 2017 - 05:11 AM

View PostCub, on 17 August 2017 - 10:37 AM, said:

I've pretty much stopped playing this game since they did what they did to the Spirit Bear but still come back to monitor if any changes have healed my favorite 'mech of all time. Had started a few threads, sent in e-mails, messaged various members of the team through Twitter, sat in on Town Halls....nothing. Well, I did get one response during the a Town Hall, but it was from that NGNG midget Wolverine wannabe, and he basically said I was a ****** Kodiak pilot if I can't still put up huge damage numbers in the Spirit Bear in it's current state. So...on a fundamental level, I'm not sure the folks over there understand why we are upset and despise any plea for reconsideration. I really hope they take another look at the problem and I will take this opportunity to once again ask, please tweak acceleration and deceleration rates on the Spirit Bear.

Oh well...in a way I'm thankful, I've discovered some really great new games and companies that are much more deserving of my financial support. Good play PGI. Normally I'd be buying packs for friends (as I've done in the past) of the beautiful Kodiak with what could have been an incredible deal. But in it's current state......are you kidding me?
Did you try mobility quirks at all?

Cos I've been running Kodiaks (unskilled) lately, and they're still a damn fine mech (running about a 4:1 K/D on it atm)

Edited by Ovion, 31 August 2017 - 05:12 AM.

#97 Ruccus

• The Bloodlust
  • The Bloodlust
  • 1,136 posts
  • LocationAbbotsford, BC

Posted 31 August 2017 - 10:07 AM

View PostKuaron, on 30 August 2017 - 05:56 PM, said:

Thanks, it helps somewhat... I guess...
But aren't the ballistic + missile ones too similar to justify a standard pack for the money?
You don't need three of them for mastering after all.

The X1 and X2 are similar but with the X1's quirks (10% energy heat and 10% ballistic range) and third torso ballistic hardpoint it lends itself to different builds than the X2. The X1 is great for triple AC5s or quad AC2s, or adding a heavier energy weapon (like a LL/ERLL/LPL, SNPPC, or LPPC) to the CT. The X1 lends itself to being a mid to long range attacker when using the smaller ballistic weapons. Quad LMGs paired with triple SRM6s and a snub-nose PPC makes for a potent mech inside 300m.

The X2 is great for pairing dual heavier ballistics (RAC5s, AC10s, etc.) with a pair of MLs or ERMLs. It's for getting closer to the action than the X1 and can pack a good punch.

The S2 is a completely different animal and makes for a solid deadside missile boat where you'd use your right torso to shield then bring all your missiles and energy weapons to bear when you're in range.

I think the standard Bushwacker pack is a very good value, though now that the light fusion engines are on us you might want to move their stock 275XL engines into other mechs.

#98 Akula0815

• PipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 8
  • Mercenary Rank 8
  • 53 posts
  • LocationHanover, Germany

Posted 02 September 2017 - 10:11 AM

Assassin wins...

due to broken hitboxes and non squishi arms...

Edited by Akula0815, 02 September 2017 - 10:11 AM.

#99 M3T4L R0N1N

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 86 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 03 September 2017 - 01:26 AM

Wish I didn't have to buy the standard package to get the hero variant. I already bought the standard package for the viper when it was announced. I just want a Medusa for $12. :(

#100 Mikayshen

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 416 posts

Posted 04 September 2017 - 08:47 PM

Any forewarning on what Versus sale will be following the Bushwacker and Huntsman?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users