19 replies to this topic

#1 Quicksilver Aberration

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 11,788 posts
  • LocationKansas City, MO

Posted 16 August 2017 - 01:48 PM

So now that we have the Mist Lynx G, can we get the Viper F so the Viper can be cool again by being able to run boat loads of MGs (either 12 like the Piranha or 8 and 5 energy)? Non-Wave II/III Clan omnis kinda missed the boat on all these variants that added things.

For example, the Summoner G would be a hilarious addition (3M per side torso). The Warhawk D would be interesting (2E right torso) as would the Warhawk F (1B right torso). The Adder E should add more energy hardpoints to it while the Kit Fox G adds an ECM arm to the opposite side of the existing one (albeit without any weapons). Then you have the Dire Wolf C, Huntsman H, and Night Gyr H which adds ECM to both mechs while the Night Gyr E may add some different hardpoints (8E/2M total). The Linebacker H adds JJs to the Linebacker as well.

Edited by Quicksilver Kalasa, 16 August 2017 - 02:51 PM.

#2 Snazzy Dragon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 2,912 posts
  • LocationRUNNING FAST AND TURNING LEFT

Posted 16 August 2017 - 01:52 PM

These all sound like great fun but I can hear the screeching of the OP pls nerf crowd from the future

#3 Gas Guzzler

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,257 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 16 August 2017 - 02:25 PM

View PostQuicksilver Kalasa, on 16 August 2017 - 01:48 PM, said:

So now that we have the Mist Lynx G, can we get the Viper F so the Viper can be cool again by being able to run boat loads of MGs (either 12 like the Piranha or 8 and 5 energy)? Non-Wave II/III Clan omnis kinda missed the boat on all these variants that added things.

For example, the Summoner G would be a hilarious addition (3M per side torso). The Warhawk D would be interesting (2E right torso) as would the Warhawk F (1B right torso). The Adder E should add more energy hardpoints to it while the Kit Fox G adds an ECM arm to the opposite side of the existing one (albeit without any weapons). Then you have the Dire Wolf C, Huntsman H, and Night Gyr H which adds ECM to both mechs while the Night Gyr E may add some different hardpoints (8E/2M total). The Linebacker H adds JJs to the Linebacker as well.

Yes Please. I support the addition of all variants mentioned above.

#4 Appogee

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 16 August 2017 - 02:29 PM

I ran my Medusa with 6 ERSL and 4LMG tonight and achieved 9 component destructions in a single match.

I guess more MGs could be fun.

#5 Khobai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 23,969 posts

Posted 16 August 2017 - 02:34 PM

balancing 6+ machine guns is as easy as ghost heat limiting them at 6

#6 - World Eater -

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 940 posts

Posted 16 August 2017 - 02:39 PM

View PostSnazzy Dragon, on 16 August 2017 - 01:52 PM, said:

These all sound like great fun but I can hear the screeching of the OP pls nerf crowd from the future

https://mwomercs.com...ting-mgs-is-op/

#7 Quicksilver Aberration

• The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 11,788 posts

Posted 16 August 2017 - 02:45 PM

I mean normally I would probably hazard against adding this, but my interest in this game is declining so I just want to get the most enjoyment out of my Vipers at this point and since the Mist Lynx G set a precedent (it technically should have arrays for those HMGs) I kinda just want it to have as much as fun as the Mist Lynx is currently enjoying, OP or not.

View PostAppogee, on 16 August 2017 - 02:29 PM, said:

I guess more MGs could be fun.

I mean you would be dropping 1 ERSL (and mounting them higher up) and gaining 4 LMGs, how would that not be more fun. Though I would probably prefer the 4 HML/8LMG build at that point, but I'm crazy so.

Edited by Quicksilver Kalasa, 16 August 2017 - 02:53 PM.

#8 Revis Volek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,247 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationBack in the Pilots chair

Posted 16 August 2017 - 04:55 PM

View PostKhobai, on 16 August 2017 - 02:34 PM, said:

balancing 6+ machine guns is as easy as ghost heat limiting them at 6

lol

View PostQuicksilver Kalasa, on 16 August 2017 - 02:45 PM, said:

*snip*

I mean you would be dropping 1 ERSL (and mounting them higher up) and gaining 4 LMGs, how would that not be more fun. Though I would probably prefer the 4 HML/8LMG build at that point, but I'm crazy so.

So the VPR can be cool again? My 3 HML, 6 LMG ACH would be in good company.

#9 DivineTomatoes

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Undertaker
  • The Undertaker
  • 307 posts

Posted 16 August 2017 - 05:15 PM

With the amount of tears and whining these mechs are causing I absolutely endorse this proposal.

#10 Angel of Annihilation

• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,881 posts

Posted 16 August 2017 - 05:31 PM

Honestly aside from the Night Gyr with ECM, I don't see any potential OP issues out of any of the other variants listed though like you, I am sure those who are opposed to any and all things Clans will find something to whine about.

#11 Maker L106

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 250 posts

Posted 16 August 2017 - 05:53 PM

As this thing has paid for my Maulers, Phoenix Hawk, Commando, and various other bad ideas (incoming Atlas) I approve of this thread.

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...a32ac21c348637e

If you've seen it run you know it works... okay... ish.. when ignored...

#12 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 16 August 2017 - 06:58 PM

The Dragonfly-F requires MG arrays. PGI could make their own non-canon version of course, but it's not gonna be the "genuine" VPR-F.

Also note that the true unique feature of the Uller-G is that it can hold a missile in each ST like the MW4 Uller.

Edited by FupDup, 16 August 2017 - 07:00 PM.

#13 Pariah Devalis

• The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationAboard the NCS True Path

Posted 16 August 2017 - 07:46 PM

View PostViktor Drake, on 16 August 2017 - 05:31 PM, said:

Honestly aside from the Night Gyr with ECM, I don't see any potential OP issues out of any of the other variants listed though like you, I am sure those who are opposed to any and all things Clans will find something to whine about.

I donno. As much as I love the Huntsman, that mech would go from great to borderline too good with an ECM. The H ECM is in the foot, which means that omnipod is compatible with every HMN out there. 6x MPlas, 19 DHS, and an ECM? 4x ASRM6 4x ERSLas and an ECM? 2x ERPPC and an ECM on a chassis that can actually cool it?

#14 roboPrancer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bushido
  • The Bushido
  • 269 posts
  • LocationEh?

Posted 16 August 2017 - 08:38 PM

View PostPariah Devalis, on 16 August 2017 - 07:46 PM, said:

The H ECM is in the foot

What???

In all seriousness though, the adder should get a variant with a few more energy hardpoints.

#15 Admiral-Dan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 578 posts

Posted 17 August 2017 - 01:29 AM

View PostViktor Drake, on 16 August 2017 - 05:31 PM, said:

I am sure those who are opposed to any and all things Clans will find something to whine about.

They always do, so no reason to not get new toys.

#16 Angel of Annihilation

• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,881 posts

Posted 17 August 2017 - 07:07 AM

I donno. As much as I love the Huntsman, that mech would go from great to borderline too good with an ECM. The H ECM is in the foot, which means that omnipod is compatible with every HMN out there. 6x MPlas, 19 DHS, and an ECM? 4x ASRM6 4x ERSLas and an ECM? 2x ERPPC and an ECM on a chassis that can actually cool it?

Ok. Didn't know it was in the leg, figured it would be CT or ST mount for the ECM so we will put that on the list with the Night Gyr as a no go but I still think the others wouldn't fall into the OP category.

#17 SmoothCriminal

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 815 posts

Posted 17 August 2017 - 07:11 AM

If there is a 2E MDD CT (with ES, and the E HPs swivel on a turret with your arms) you can count me in...

#18 Black Fish

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 255 posts

Posted 17 August 2017 - 07:54 AM

View PostSmoothCriminal, on 17 August 2017 - 07:11 AM, said:

If there is a 2E MDD CT (with ES, and the E HPs swivel on a turret with your arms) you can count me in...

Wouldn't that be a cool and unique feature!

#19 Quicksilver Aberration

• The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 11,788 posts

Posted 17 August 2017 - 07:54 AM

View PostFupDup, on 16 August 2017 - 06:58 PM, said:

The Dragonfly-F requires MG arrays. PGI could make their own non-canon version of course, but it's not gonna be the "genuine" VPR-F.

The Mist Lynx G technically required MG arrays yet it was added, thus the precedence for mechs with MG arrays to be added now.

Honestly ECM might actually make it a choice between the HBK-IIC and the HMN. Granted I'm pretty sure the HBK-IIC will still win out but at least there is some more uniqueness between the two.

View PostViktor Drake, on 17 August 2017 - 07:07 AM, said:

Ok. Didn't know it was in the leg, figured it would be CT or ST mount for the ECM so we will put that on the list with the Night Gyr as a no go but I still think the others wouldn't fall into the OP category.

You act like the Night Gyr is OP currently, which it is certainly powerful but it isn't near as strong as it used to be.

Edited by Quicksilver Kalasa, 17 August 2017 - 07:57 AM.

#20 Battlemaster56

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Pack Leader
  • Pack Leader
  • 2,869 posts
  • LocationOn the not so distant moon on Endor

Posted 17 August 2017 - 09:04 AM

Would love to see more crazy MG mechs running around but I'm personally waiting in the corner for my Timberwolf B for a good left ballastic arm that's not pay walled, and E just cuz it have ATM's.

11 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 11 guests, 0 anonymous users