#21 BellatorMonk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 617 posts
  • LocationWallet Closed PGI Knows Why

Posted 29 July 2022 - 02:14 PM

So when will a Dev clear all this up?
I just got out of two matches in a row as a Stealth Flea (active), not hit by PPCs or NARC and someone with Streaks (same person both matches) was able to lock on me.
I triple checked to make sure Stealth was enabled while be hit by the Streaks. So far as I have seen in over 1k battles this season using both Stealth and fighting people using it, only NARC and PPCs deactivate it.
I have a Streak build I use for hunting lights with BAP and I am NEVER able to lock Stealth mechs unless one of both above conditions counters it.

#22 Sawk

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Captain
  • Star Captain
  • 402 posts

Posted 29 July 2022 - 03:55 PM

OK i must say---- that is weird, i hunt lights alot, but i use a timber wolf, if there is a light chasing, using lazer vomit great for stopping folks, thinking back to my scouting days, the stormcrow got banded from playing --- and that was aimed at stopping the streak boat, and few other builds.
HMM if you ever see this MECH again, find out what it is, there are was to set up clan mechs, to target at close range -- and that is the SSRM JOB, NEED MORE INFO TO TEST and build.

SAWK CLANNER

#23 PsionicMantis

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 107 posts

Posted 29 July 2022 - 04:14 PM

Tag lets Streaks lock on to Stealth mechs

#24 w0qj

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 3,404 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 29 July 2022 - 04:53 PM

Even *if* Streak SRM are allowed to lock onto stealth armor mechs:

1) You can Streak SRM lock onto Stealth Atlas with no problems, but

2) Good luck trying to Streak SRM lock onto Pirates Bane running in triple-digit speed...

#25 Xeno Phalcon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 2,461 posts
  • LocationEvening Ladies

Posted 29 July 2022 - 05:25 PM

View PostBellatorMonk, on 29 July 2022 - 02:14 PM, said:

I just got out of two matches in a row as a Stealth Flea (active), not hit by PPCs or NARC and someone with Streaks (same person both matches) was able to lock on me.
I triple checked to make sure Stealth was enabled while be hit by the Streaks. So far as I have seen in over 1k battles this season using both Stealth and fighting people using it, only NARC and PPCs deactivate it.
I have a Streak build I use for hunting lights with BAP and I am NEVER able to lock Stealth mechs unless one of both above conditions counters it.

Not a dev, but tag will make even a stealth mech targetable for a couple seconds but only outside the ecm bubble - so hug whoever has the tag or zig zag.

#26 Maddermax

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 393 posts

Posted 29 July 2022 - 09:58 PM

This is a 5 year old thread, stealth has been massively updated since 2017.

so my first question is do you have video or at least a screen shot? I only ask because the most obvious thing is that stealth was turned off at some point.

If you get hit by a PPC and didn’t notice, if you overheated and shut down and forgot to reactivate stealth, if you put your ECM in counter mode, if you get hit by TAG or NARC, if your ECM gets crit, if you just turn off stealth while you cool down and forgot to turn it back on, or tried to turn it on while it was in cooldown, all of these things could be the reason.

And while you might say “none of those applied!”, the most likely answer is one of them did, and you didn’t notice in the middle of a firefight.

#27 BellatorMonk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 617 posts
  • LocationWallet Closed PGI Knows Why

Posted 30 July 2022 - 08:50 AM

View PostMaddermax, on 29 July 2022 - 09:58 PM, said:

This is a 5 year old thread, stealth has been massively updated since 2017.

so my first question is do you have video or at least a screen shot? I only ask because the most obvious thing is that stealth was turned off at some point.

If you get hit by a PPC and didn’t notice, if you overheated and shut down and forgot to reactivate stealth, if you put your ECM in counter mode, if you get hit by TAG or NARC, if your ECM gets crit, if you just turn off stealth while you cool down and forgot to turn it back on, or tried to turn it on while it was in cooldown, all of these things could be the reason.

And while you might say “none of those applied!”, the most likely answer is one of them did, and you didn’t notice in the middle of a firefight.

Where is the updated thread for Stealth then? Perhaps I have been reading off the incorrect/outdated patch notes for it? Is there a more recent one contradicting how Stealth works as of today?

https://mwomercs.com...26-18-jul-2017/

w0gj responded up a few threads and said you "can target (lock) a Stealth Atlas"? I get what you are saying about missing something, however this happened two battles in a row against the same guy in the same mech, a Jenner IIC.

The Green Stealth Bar was on as I ran from his Streaks that were hitting me and we were the only two mechs CoDing in a ditch...no reds or blues nearby.

All I can do at this point and you are correct in stating so, is to try and SS or Record next time, unless someone already knows it's actually possible and the mechanics of Stealth are not working as the notes says or changed since then and it is undocumented.

#28 Sawk

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Captain
  • Star Captain
  • 402 posts

Posted 30 July 2022 - 03:34 PM

OK i went and looked at the jenner 2 c, --- the 11c JR7 (c)(c), what i think you RAN in to.

IT has 4 srm 6 on it and maybe 1 lazer little ammo, but what it has that can see stealth is has 100% boost to SEISMIC sensors and a speed of 122, so maybe he was not locking and straight shooting you are thinking he locked and he was JUST chasing you like a DOG, smart move i had something like that on a hunchback 2 c -- for scouting i played in a team, i we won ALOT, but they would say i was the best damn beagle DOG ever : ).

SAWK CLANNER

#29 Burning2nd

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 984 posts

Posted 05 August 2022 - 02:57 PM

as A locust pilot... i can tell ya, you dont need stealth

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users