So, How Do You Like The Ebj Hero So Far?

BattleMechs

10 replies to this topic

#1 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 19 August 2017 - 02:15 AM

My unit mates don't have it so I need the forumites to fill in on how the Esprit-De-Corps performs. Is it markedly better than the regular EBJ in terms of ballistic loadout? Is the RT highmount worth the increased hitbox?

#2 Battlemaster56

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Pack Leader
  • Pack Leader
  • 2,869 posts
  • LocationOn the not so distant moon on Endor

Posted 19 August 2017 - 03:17 AM

I'll be honest I have not seen a single Wave II/III hero on the field yet, but that could mostly be the event taking up time to properly test them. So I got nothing atm, I haven't pulled out my Gargoyle hero yet.

#3 GunnerPanda

• PipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 40 posts

Posted 19 August 2017 - 03:46 AM

I saw one yesterday, but he had a laser vomit build. I'm pretty sure I want one so I can have my ballistics torso mounted and strip my arms like I do in quite a few of my mechs though. So might pick one up in the near future. Just gotta stop working so much so I can actually play first. :P

#4 Connor Davion

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 115 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 19 August 2017 - 03:47 AM

I have been enjoying my EBJ-EC. This is my 1st EBJ (I won this one in a competition) so I have no EBJ baseline to compare it too. I am not a very good player, but I do well in this mech, so that usually means its a good mech.

The high mount ballistic hard point is my favorite I put a UAC-10 in there and peeking with it is a joy since you can expose virtually none of your mech to use it.

I have been running 1 ER PPC, 2 Heavy Large Lasers, and 1 UAC-10. I find it a simple yet fun build for me.

Edit: BTW this is running the stock Omnipods

Edited by Connor Davion, 19 August 2017 - 03:48 AM.

#5 Jun Watarase

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,504 posts

Posted 19 August 2017 - 06:12 AM

Something doesnt make sense here...the picture shows a RT ballistic mount but the description is for a LT ballistic mount? Either way, if you want a ballistic mount, EBJ-A does that already. 3 energy hardpoints arent nearly enough (especially since clans cant run 3x LPL without ghost heat) and arm mounted missile launchers are meh.

#6 Jay Leon Hart

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 4,669 posts

Posted 19 August 2017 - 06:34 AM

View PostJun Watarase, on 19 August 2017 - 06:12 AM, said:

Something doesnt make sense here...the picture shows a RT ballistic mount but the description is for a LT ballistic mount? Either way, if you want a ballistic mount, EBJ-A does that already. 3 energy hardpoints arent nearly enough (especially since clans cant run 3x LPL without ghost heat) and arm mounted missile launchers are meh.

The store page picture is just for the camo.

Artwork does not reflect final loadouts

The image from the countdown, however, is correct.
Spoiler

The advantages of the extra 1B torso are the ability to have 2 high mounted ballistcs, or 4 ballistics total.

#7 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 19 August 2017 - 07:22 AM

View PostJun Watarase, on 19 August 2017 - 06:12 AM, said:

Something doesnt make sense here...the picture shows a RT ballistic mount but the description is for a LT ballistic mount? Either way, if you want a ballistic mount, EBJ-A does that already.

The Hero RT allows the EBJ to have two high mounted ballistics. Dual Gauss or dual CUAC10 might be real good idea to use.

#8 KodiakGW

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 1,775 posts
  • LocationNE USA

Posted 19 August 2017 - 07:26 AM

I'll let you know, opening the wallet a bit since I heard the recent direction they are planning on taking. Besides, always bee a big EBJ fan. But, I was planning on using the 1E 1M arms to build a 4ASRM 2ERML 1LPL build to test out. Only loadout I can see using the two high ballistics is a Gauss boat.

#9 HGAK47

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 971 posts

Posted 19 August 2017 - 07:33 AM

View PostKodiakGW, on 19 August 2017 - 07:26 AM, said:

I'll let you know, opening the wallet a bit since I heard the recent direction they are planning on taking. Besides, always bee a big EBJ fan. But, I was planning on using the 1E 1M arms to build a 4ASRM 2ERML 1LPL build to test out. Only loadout I can see using the two high ballistics is a Gauss boat.

Yea true that I have been a little skeptical but after hearing about the future direction I feel more compelled than before to buy.

#10 Jackal Noble

• 4,863 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 24 August 2017 - 03:13 PM

I absolutely love mine. Still have many other builds to try, but have mostly ran these.
So far, I've had good results with 1 gauss, 1 ppc, 2 hmeds. 15% ballistic cooldown there buddy. UAC10 and large pulse with 2 mediums is nice and punchy.
4 UAC2s is now possible, and can be used to good effect as a range skirmisher, harassing on the move.

TBH 2 gauss in the STs is not something worth attempting, but is possible if not under gunned.
Although utilizing both STs with UAC10s and add 4 er smalls or er micros (2 in each arm) and you have a nice bruiser that can do some close range hill smashing.

#11 Lykaon

• 3,815 posts

Posted 24 August 2017 - 04:05 PM

View PostEl Bandito, on 19 August 2017 - 07:22 AM, said:

The Hero RT allows the EBJ to have two high mounted ballistics. Dual Gauss or dual CUAC10 might be real good idea to use.

I have played around with a couple of loadouts so far.

One was the 2x UAC10 2x LMG 4x ER Sml Lasers (worked well enough)

Other was similar to the UAC build but used twin LB10X ACs (oddly it worked a bit better dispite the LBX)

My sample group is a bit small since I have been using my Cougars more recently.

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users