Koshigeddon

5 replies to this topic

#1 mistlynx4life

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 351 posts

Posted 19 August 2017 - 04:21 PM

Might have put this in the wrong thread, but it's still the most amazing idea EVAR.

Edit: Reposting here for clarity...

Koshigeddon:

Rising to the top is easier with jump jets...

Event Highlights

Greetings Mechwarriors!

Lots of recent discussion about the Mist Lynx begs the question: "Is the MLX really a terrible 'mech or just an unsung underdog light hero of the Clan?" It's not just about bragging rights - at stake are some Event-Only cockpit items!

Social Challenge!

Global Kill Counter (Faction play and Quickplay): Smash all the kittehs!

2926* total MLX kills // [counter bar] // Success: MLX Arm Standing Item* // Failure: MLX Hanging Item*

Global Kill Counter (Faction play and Quickplay): Tryhards unite!

2926* total kills by a MLX // [counter bar] // Success: Decal "Small Death*" // Failure: Decal "Failmech*"

Personal Challenge!

Any mode: Faction play and Quickplay

25 Kills Most Damage Dealt against any MLX variant // [counter bar] // Reward: 25MC
25 Kills Most Damage Dealt while piloting any MLX variant // [counter bar] // Reward: 25MC

*2926 is the year the MLX was introduced according to Sarna.net
*MLX Arm Standing Item: A lone MLX Left Arm component laying on its side, bruised and battered.
*MLX Hanging Item: A MLX in flight, similar in stance to a certain well-known superhero and with jump jets on full blast
*Small Death decal inspired by the Koshi designation (Koshi translates as 'small death') and might include some rad artwork (Mist Lynx is an actual lore-friendly animal and might be jumping out or there might be claw marks or whiskers around the words, etc.) - but it has to look good at a small scale...!
*Failmech decal is just an awesome idea, applicable to pretty much any Mech, and might even have a hashtag

Notes: Lasts however long PGI thinks we need to achieve those goals (probably ten days or so to account for vacations and such). The rewards are just suggestions, of course, but let's put all this scuttlebutt to the test, shall we? I am definitely up for further discussion on this topic - feel free to message me - and I have no problem whatsoever challenging other pilots in Lynx-only NGNG Duel Stream! Posted Image

#mistlynx4life

Edited by mistlynx4life, 19 August 2017 - 04:25 PM.

#2 Nelos Kniven

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 225 posts
  • LocationSolaris 7

Posted 22 August 2017 - 05:18 PM

This looks cool. MLX is great! The new variant with a PPC in the torso and a TCOMPMKI is amazing

#3 mistlynx4life

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 351 posts

Posted 23 August 2017 - 01:28 PM

I just think it'd be neat to really give the spotlight to all this nonsense about the MLX suddenly being OP and whatnot and have a fun time as well. The numbers and rewards are just easy suggestions but totally amenable - the basic idea is just to have that tally and see how it goes. If this launches after we have that new geometry, I can absolutely see getting little wings or something for the MLXs, lol!

#mistlynx4life

#4 mistlynx4life

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 351 posts

Posted 28 August 2017 - 02:41 PM

If this event doesn't happen... can I at least strongly request the Standing Item of a MLX arm to rest gently on my dashboard, in case I need it to replace the ones people are always shooting off me?

#mistlynx4life

#5 Doctor Dinosaur

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 271 posts

Posted 29 August 2017 - 03:18 AM

Sounds good, does not work.

Just because there is no Mist Lynx mechpack... That's PGI for ya.
Also mech centered events usually have to purpose to see how that mech performs. Usually short after/with the release, so the nerf bat can be swung quickly. The MLX exists long enough to have some rough numbers...and everyone knows the mech was underperforming. Those new omnipods make it viable. Nothing more. And that's ok.

Best regards
Doc

#6 mistlynx4life

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 351 posts

Posted 29 August 2017 - 11:07 AM

Meh. Both the forum description and Tina's original post in the pinned thread make no mention of such requirements, so I didn't mind throwing the idea out there. The rewards aren't anything more or less than what to expect from ordinary events and the recent update mentioned that they were streamlining things so that events could happen more frequently with a smaller scope - this is very viable in that context. I hear what you're saying Doc, and you might be right, but I won't give up so easily. ;)

#mistlynx4life

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users