#1 Natred

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Deadly
  • The Deadly
  • 716 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationWest Texas

Posted 23 August 2017 - 01:52 PM

Please for the love of all that is holy and awesome do no go down to 8 vs 8 for quick play.

12 vs 12
More people means more tactics and strategy
More inovative and experienceful drops
Higher chance of being surprised by the random unaccounted for enemy.
More fun and complex
More strategy in 12 vs 12. More mechs to damage so more c bills to make
Invigorating to hardcore gamers

8 vs 8
Less mechs, quicker uneventful matches.
Still going to be pub stomping newbs in less than 2 minutes- matchmaker would fix this or an overhaul to the tier system
Less strategy and planning
More straight forward fighting and less tactics
Quicker matches
Less cbills to make

If anything i would love to see 15 on 15 or 30 on 30 mech mayhem. No need to water the game down..

Edited by Natred, 23 August 2017 - 01:59 PM.

#2 process

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Colonel II
  • Star Colonel II
  • 1,667 posts

Posted 23 August 2017 - 02:01 PM

Why not both? Also, couldn't matchmaker scale down to 8v8 as a low-pop relief mechanism?

#3 Bud Crue

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,883 posts
  • LocationOn the farm in central Minnesota

Posted 23 August 2017 - 02:02 PM

View PostNatred, on 23 August 2017 - 01:52 PM, said:

12 vs 12

Seriously? Murder ball with the normal 1 disco, 1 guy running off on his own, and the 1 ever helpful narc/scout mech dropping narcs and uavs while you are still at 1500m, over and over is "inovative and experienceful"?

#4 Champion of Khorne Lord of Blood

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,806 posts

Posted 23 August 2017 - 02:05 PM

I'm going to counter your request by asking that we please go back to 8v8 quick play and never again have to have 12v12 quick play. Leave 12v12 in FW.

#5 Quicksilver Aberration

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 11,530 posts
  • LocationKansas City, MO

Posted 23 August 2017 - 02:10 PM

More fun and complex
More strategy in 12 vs 12.

I see a lot of buzzwords (innovative, experienceful, complex, strategical, tactical, etc) here but no real proof. I mean there is a reason most comp players prefer 8v8 over 12v12 and they are the ones who are more likely to actually think about actual strategies and tactics (more so than a PUG team).

I mean sure, there is more logistics involved because there are more people on the field translating to more factors, but the high level play proved how boring 12 v 12 with the consistent strategy being who can create the better concave firing line.

This is statistically false, because you have more eyes on the field which means you can scout more approaches.

What exactly is the definition of a "hardcore" gamer?

Edited by Quicksilver Kalasa, 23 August 2017 - 02:14 PM.

#6 Bud Crue

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,883 posts

Posted 23 August 2017 - 02:11 PM

View PostDakota1000, on 23 August 2017 - 02:05 PM, said:

I'm going to counter your request by asking that we please go back to 8v8 quick play and never again have to have 12v12 quick play. Leave 12v12 in FW.

Only reason I will miss 12v12 group queue is the fun of running a 12 man of Hunchies or Crabs, and the fun of playing with that many of my friends and unit mates at the same time. The loss of that will indeed suck.

Only reason I am a tad apprehensive over 8v8 is because I fear how PGI will change the tonnage restrictions for group queue to suck the fun/variety of the drop.

#7 Champion of Khorne Lord of Blood

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,806 posts

Posted 23 August 2017 - 02:16 PM

View PostBud Crue, on 23 August 2017 - 02:11 PM, said:

Only reason I will miss 12v12 group queue is the fun of running a 12 man of Hunchies or Crabs, and the fun of playing with that many of my friends and unit mates at the same time. The loss of that will indeed suck.

Only reason I am a tad apprehensive over 8v8 is because I fear how PGI will change the tonnage restrictions for group queue to suck the fun/variety of the drop.

Could always bring the group to FW for 12 man fun with less restrictions on what you can bring, I hear its easy pickings for a 12 man there too.

#8 MechaBattler

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 5,119 posts

Posted 23 August 2017 - 02:25 PM

Strategy and tactics makes more sense in coordinated group play. Not pug queue where it's like trying to heard foul tempered cats. Or blind cats that can't be bothered to look at their min-map.

#9 DAYLEET

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 4,316 posts
  • LocationLinoleum.

Posted 23 August 2017 - 02:27 PM

View PostQuicksilver Kalasa, on 23 August 2017 - 02:10 PM, said:

I see a lot of buzzwords (innovative, experienceful, complex, strategical, tactical, etc) here but no real proof.

Ofcourse we have proof, Just try 8v8 comp. To increase the effect, you can play 4v4 scout, or did you play 4v4 PRS? because this also validate our claim. Once the fight start is over quick and 80% of the "battle" time was spent finding the enemy lance. Or you could go in any other fps game, the lower the player in a match the lower the options. What game mode do you find in low player match? ffa and tdm.

You could play between 10pm-4am eastern time to notice that those you want to get rid off, compose 2/3 of each teams. Remove 4 and you arent in a much better position. I cant imagine anything but skirmish/domination working in 8v8, not that it would be fun or more fun. Solaris is coming for the quicky style of game play. Just hang on till then.

Edited by DAYLEET, 23 August 2017 - 02:29 PM.

#10 Johnny Z

• Knight Errant
  • 9,942 posts
  • LocationDueling on Solaris

Posted 23 August 2017 - 02:28 PM

16 v 16 pls.

Edited by Johnny Z, 23 August 2017 - 02:31 PM.

#11 Bud Crue

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,883 posts

Posted 23 August 2017 - 02:30 PM

View PostDakota1000, on 23 August 2017 - 02:16 PM, said:

Could always bring the group to FW for 12 man fun with less restrictions on what you can bring, I hear its easy pickings for a 12 man there too.

We do when there are events. Few are willing to play CW, mainly due to time constraints. It is distinctly possible that the desire/enjoyment of comradery will override that time concern and we end up playing CW more when QP goes to 8v8. Ha! PGI changes the game to make the MM more effective, and it ends up driving even more players to CW, thus, restricting the population even further and putting the MM right back to where it is now. That would be just about perfect.

#12 Quicksilver Aberration

• The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 11,530 posts

Posted 23 August 2017 - 02:34 PM

View PostDAYLEET, on 23 August 2017 - 02:27 PM, said:

Ofcourse we have proof, Just try 8v8 comp.

Then your proof is faulty because 8v8 comp > 12v12 comp.

I would say that there is a bell curve. Too few or too many players on the field, and the game becomes less interesting and more about single tactics/strats being the dominating thing (4v4 is deathball rushes and 12v12 is static concave firing lines). Of course it also depends on the map as well but generally 8v8 is more interesting than 12v12 and 4v4.

View PostDAYLEET, on 23 August 2017 - 02:27 PM, said:

I cant imagine anything but skirmish/domination working in 8v8, not that it would be fun or more fun.

What are you even talking about, anything but skirmish doesn't work in PUGs anyway because most people don't understand that objectives are just to discourage static gameplay not to be the primary win condition. That is the case regardless of the team size. That said, conquest works just fine with 8v8, or are you going to try and point to comp again like it doesn't work for some reason?

Edited by Quicksilver Kalasa, 23 August 2017 - 02:40 PM.

#13 Andi Nagasia

Volunteer Moderator

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 23 August 2017 - 02:34 PM

Please for the love of all that is holy and awesome do no go down to 8 vs 8 for quick play.

12 vs 12
More fun and complex

8 vs 8
Less mechs, quicker uneventful matches.
Still going to be pub stomping newbs in less than 2 minutes- matchmaker would fix this or an overhaul to the tier system
Quicker matches
Less cbills to make

If anything i would love to see 15 on 15 or 30 on 30 mech mayhem. No need to water the game down..

8v8 does offer better match making even with no Change in the MM System,
also i found 8v8 had much more stratagy as all we see now is ball up and move,
in 8v8 in the past people used to move out and mobilize as 2 groups,

i think we should see how it plays out,
PGI did say we will likely see a week or 2 test of 8v8 before the poll for it goes up,
i say wait and see, you may like it after you try it, just like i may hate it after playing it again, ;)

#14 Andi Nagasia

Volunteer Moderator

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 23 August 2017 - 02:38 PM

View PostJohnny Z, on 23 August 2017 - 02:28 PM, said:

16 v 16 pls.

i would love a Special Drop in drop out planitary battle thats always going on for FP(12v12)
think a large battle Field with 12 drop ship points(as to stop Farming, you spawn farthest the Enemy)
where you drop in fight till you die, them leave the match, at which point you may que back up,
i think that would be cool, dont know what the objective would be though, ;)

#15 Smites

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 23 August 2017 - 02:41 PM

It's weird how people were begging for PGI to go back to 8v8, and now that they might? We don't want it... why?

#16 Johnny Z

• Knight Errant
  • 9,942 posts
  • LocationDueling on Solaris

Posted 23 August 2017 - 02:42 PM

View PostAndi Nagasia, on 23 August 2017 - 02:38 PM, said:

i would love a Special Drop in drop out planitary battle thats always going on for FP(12v12)
think a large battle Field with 12 drop ship points(as to stop Farming, you spawn farthest the Enemy)
where you drop in fight till you die, them leave the match, at which point you may que back up,
i think that would be cool, dont know what the objective would be though, ;)

Then there are the auxiliary roles some have come up with for extra players in support roles and also NPC tanks and air craft to consider. Its almost for sure some more assets will be added to the battles eventually.

Mines are maybe the most obvious, but flaming pits on Solaris are almost a sure thing. :) How the number of players work with any upcoming additions, maps, modes.

Edited by Johnny Z, 23 August 2017 - 02:47 PM.

#17 DAYLEET

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 4,316 posts
  • LocationLinoleum.

Posted 23 August 2017 - 02:43 PM

View PostQuicksilver Kalasa, on 23 August 2017 - 02:34 PM, said:

Then your proof is faulty because 8v8 comp > 12v12 comp.

I would say that there is a bell curve. Too few or too many players on the field, and the game becomes less interesting and more about single tactics/strats being the dominating thing (4v4 is deathball rushes and 12v12 is static concave firing lines). Of course it also depends on the map as well but generally 8v8 is more interesting than 12v12 and 4v4.

Whether its better than 12v12 comp or not has nothing to do with how it is right now and how it compares to QP 12v12. Its simplified, its quicker to end, qp 12v12 is much better than 8v8comp. Dunno how 12v12 comp was but i know how qp is, how scouting is and how 8v8 comp is. We will never have real game mode with as few players as we have now, 12v12 hardly makes conquest/invasion work.

#18 Quicksilver Aberration

• The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 11,530 posts

Posted 23 August 2017 - 02:43 PM

View PostSmites, on 23 August 2017 - 02:41 PM, said:

It's weird how people were begging for PGI to go back to 8v8, and now that they might? We don't want it... why?

Because the people begging for 8v8 for the most part don't even visit this brown sea.

#19 STEF_

• The Nocturnal
  • The Nocturnal
  • 5,443 posts
  • Locationmy cockpit

Posted 23 August 2017 - 02:46 PM

12 vs 12
More people means more tactics and strategy (LOL at this)
More inovative and experienceful drops (re-LOL at this, hahahahaha, it's always the same movement over and over in any solo drop, dude)
Higher chance of being surprised by the random unaccounted for enemy. (really? see above)
More fun and complex

8 vs 8
Less mechs, quicker uneventful matches. (TTK increases if less mechs focus fire, so this is a pure lie)
Quicker matches (see above)
Less cbills to make

Ftfy

#20 - World Eater -

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 940 posts

Posted 23 August 2017 - 02:49 PM

Forget 8v8 or 12v12, make it free for all!

I kid.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users