- - - - -

Hack Or Just Lag

12 replies to this topic

#1 Lawrence Frans

• PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 23 August 2017 - 02:09 PM

I find that sometimes my weapons just won't fire. like I'm lagged out, but yet I can still move . . seems so on my end.
there are also times suddenly I stop moving, or slowing down, like I in the middle of Caltrops

#2 Roughneck45

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Handsome Devil
  • The Handsome Devil
  • 4,452 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 23 August 2017 - 03:56 PM

What kind of weapons? You can see their cooldown bars at the bottom right after you fire them. UAC and RAC weapons can jam, streak missiles require a lock on to fire.

Elevation differences will slow your movement speed. The steeper the slope the more you'll slow down. Smaller mechs can climb steeper angles than bigger ones. There are also some map features that are frustrating to traverse while being pretty small and inconspicuous.

#3 Lawrence Frans

• PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 23 August 2017 - 04:25 PM

should had mentioned, cd was done, and we're talking all weapons, Lasers, and MrM's which prompted to make this post.
No Uac or AC, but do have LBx.

ground level, and no obstetrical

it doesn't happen all the time, but dose make me ponder .. are they using a hack to slow me down, but comeing to a near stop speed, while full throttle on flat ground . . I don't know what to call it.

the unable to fire weapons is the most confusing. all weapons cooled down . . they just won't fire.

it's just weird, and frustrating as hell, when they shut down in front of you with a cored CT, and you can't fire a damn thing

#4 TooDumbToQuit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • 1,539 posts

Posted 23 August 2017 - 04:30 PM

Yeah, that's the ticket!

The rest of you are hacking me to keep me down!

(sorry, I have very little self-control)

Edited by LikeUntoGod, 23 August 2017 - 04:30 PM.

#5 Champion of Khorne Lord of Blood

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,806 posts

Posted 23 August 2017 - 04:33 PM

Sounds like some sort of input issue, like your mouse and keyboard aren't responding, causing you to stop moving and firing.

#6 Tesunie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,579 posts
  • LocationSeraphim HQ: Asuncion

Posted 23 August 2017 - 04:40 PM

View PostLawrence Frans, on 23 August 2017 - 02:09 PM, said:

I find that sometimes my weapons just won't fire. like I'm lagged out, but yet I can still move . . seems so on my end.
there are also times suddenly I stop moving, or slowing down, like I in the middle of Caltrops

99/100 cases like this... It's just lag or some sort of "human interface device" failure. Mostly lag... Posted Image

Weapon fire, not sure. But if you are moving fine and everyone else is standing still, lag.

As far as slowing down, it could also be lag there. Depending upon how you have your throttle configurations (lock or decay on), if it's lag and you have decay throttle turned on, than it is lag as suddenly you "stopped imputing to go forwards", which then the system reads as "come to a stop". I can't run with throttle decay turn on at all, or I'll find myself warping and coming to unexpected stops all the time. (My guess, lag.)

When in doubt, take the easiest and more explainable possibility. In this case, it's most likely lag. The effort someone would have to do to actually hack this game (as it's all server side authoritative) would be greater than the amount of effort it would be worth to do it.

#7 Lawrence Frans

• PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 23 August 2017 - 04:44 PM

View PostDakota1000, on 23 August 2017 - 04:33 PM, said:

Sounds like some sort of input issue, like your mouse and keyboard aren't responding, causing you to stop moving and firing.

was kinda suspecting that too

#8 TooDumbToQuit

• The Death Wish
  • 1,539 posts

Posted 23 August 2017 - 04:57 PM

I find and just found out that a lot of problems are solved by turning off and turning back on your PC.

(1st rule of fixing PC Problems after making sure it is plugged in, lol)

#9 Tarl Cabot

• Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,660 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 23 August 2017 - 05:08 PM

View PostLikeUntoGod, on 23 August 2017 - 04:57 PM, said:

I find and just found out that a lot of problems are solved by turning off and turning back on your PC.

(1st rule of fixing PC Problems after making sure it is plugged in, lol)

And making sure both ends of the power cord is plugged into the PSU of the computer and a live outlet Posted Image

As for not firing, which group/mouse button? You may need to play with it to test it but not all mice are the same, as in registering input due to a failing microswitch or how the plunger is being pressed by the button.

Edited by Tarl Cabot, 23 August 2017 - 05:08 PM.

#10 Lawrence Frans

• PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 23 August 2017 - 08:22 PM

the mouse is wired, and seems all mouse buttons , not sure about the wheel, I have that for zoom, never tried that when the unresponsive happens . . all I want to do is shoot and not zoom, so probably won't remember to try it when it happens again

#11 Tesunie

• The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,579 posts
  • LocationSeraphim HQ: Asuncion

Posted 23 August 2017 - 10:32 PM

View PostLawrence Frans, on 23 August 2017 - 08:22 PM, said:

the mouse is wired, and seems all mouse buttons , not sure about the wheel, I have that for zoom, never tried that when the unresponsive happens . . all I want to do is shoot and not zoom, so probably won't remember to try it when it happens again

Does this "unresponsiveness" happen in any other program/game? If so, than start to suspect your mouse.

It's probably lag. Either via internet or hardware. I know when I'm playing Space Engineers, sometimes when the game is "auto-saving" or I've got a world with a lot of stuff in the world, I'll have the whole program studder. When it's studdering, it's questionable as to rather my mouse clicks will register or not... Or anything else for that matter.

Could be a related problem. But, then again, it doesn't hurt to try and rule out things, such as your mouse not working and slowly dying. Another possible test... Do you have a spare mouse hanging around? Give that a try for a while (even if it's not as good of a quality). If your problem persists, either you now have two bad mice, or it's lag... Posted Image

#12 Mechwarrior4670152

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 411 posts

Posted 24 August 2017 - 11:59 AM

I know I have had problems with my Pirate's Bane

If I mount any MG weapons along with my lasers, I cannot fire either.

Beyond that, I can offer no help, as it does not effect my other mechs, and it only effects my PB in matches (testing grounds all guns work)

#13 TooDumbToQuit

• The Death Wish
  • 1,539 posts

Posted 24 August 2017 - 12:59 PM

And remember, the testing grounds is your friend.

I maybe spend too much time there...the enemy mechs do not move or shoot back :P

But it gives you a chance to check things. Simple things like for "this laser" to be on top of the torso, the 2-3 of them need to be set on the mech like this.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users