Night Gyr Sniper Build Help.

14 replies to this topic

#1 Pippykins

• Pip
  • Big Brother
  • 15 posts

Posted 23 August 2017 - 09:53 PM

so I'm trying to build a night gyr-C 2x er-ppc sniper and I'm on the fence about a few things. This is my first build so any help would be appreciated.

NTG-C

so with this build, I fit the three c-ultra ac/2 but had to cut a ton worth of armor out of the legs and back to fit everything. I also could only fit 3 tons of AC ammo but could dump the targeting comp mk1 for armor or another ton of ammo.

My other Idea would be to drop one of the ultra ac to max my armor while adding a heat sink and an active probe. the damage would be less bursty but I'd have better heat and ammo management, so it seems like a burst damage vs longevity problem. Any thoughts? Anything horribly flawed in this build? how noticeable is dropping my armor that low and can I make up for it with skills?

#2 Pippykins

• Pip
  • Big Brother
  • 15 posts

Posted 24 August 2017 - 08:06 PM

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...64d95c6f1b5fd73

so this is my new build. I feel like it's spread a little thin trying to do everything. I have ideas, but what do you guys notice?

#3 Cato Phoenix

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Phoenix
  • The Phoenix
  • 843 posts

Posted 25 August 2017 - 04:40 PM

I tried very hard to make the JK or the Gyr work with ERPPC and 3xUAC2. Quite hard to do, you can do it with 2ERLL and 3 UAC though.

My 2UAC5/2ERPPC build for the JK is awesome, though, very PPFLD, and can be replicated by the C I believe.

#4 TooDumbToQuit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • 1,539 posts

Posted 25 August 2017 - 05:03 PM

What are the AC2's for? Annoying someone? The Night Gyr will run 4 LBX 5's. I'd rather have machine gun than AC2's. I never use the UACs, I have never relied on a weapon that jams and I'm not going to start now.

(please take everything I say with a pound of salt because I suck at this game)

I do not do Smurfys, I take pictures.

Posted Image

This one I also run with two ER LLs. I have the right LL and Gauss on one button and the same for the other side. I hit with the ER LL which helps me aim then I fire the gauss.

Posted Image

#5 CraneArmy

• PipPipPip
  • WC 2017 Participant
  • WC 2017 Participant
  • 95 posts

Posted 27 August 2017 - 02:31 AM

View PostLikeUntoGod, on 25 August 2017 - 05:03 PM, said:

What are the AC2's for? Annoying someone? The Night Gyr will run 4 LBX 5's. I'd rather have machine gun than AC2's.

ac2's have the highest dps / ton, highest velocity and longest range of the entire AC line.

There are trade offs, I dont want it to seem like ac2's are always the best thing, but there are very strong reasons to use them on some mechs.

the night gyr specifically is very strong with 5-6 uac2's.

that isnt to say you SHOULD use ac2's or UAC2's on the ng, but they have their strengths and if you wanted to test them, the ng is a good platform for it.

#6 CraneArmy

• PipPipPip
  • WC 2017 Participant
  • WC 2017 Participant
  • 95 posts

Posted 27 August 2017 - 02:36 AM

... that is also probably WAYY to much ammo for 2 lb10's I find 2.5tons / gun is a good starting point especially with the ammo capacity nodes in the firepower tree, +/- half a ton depending on whether you are boating or have backup weapons.

same with the gauss build, you could trim both to 6 tons and probably have more than enough for most drops.

#7 S 0 L E N Y A

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,031 posts
  • LocationWest Side

Posted 27 August 2017 - 01:19 PM

kinda shocked nobody posted this one yet:

2x gauss, 2x, er-ll, 1x er-ml

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...dbd953f29f7c0c0

- high alpha
- long range
- not horribly hot (esp when skilled out "correctly"
- easy to use (esp since ER-LL and ER-ML sync now)

notes:
-adjust rear armor to taste
-you can move a ER-LL to head if you prefer to "strong side/weak side" your build
-you can ditch the DHS for a 5th ton of ammo, or just make up for it via skill tree (or do both for FP)

Edited by Boogie138, 27 August 2017 - 01:19 PM.

#8 Chaotic Clyde

• PipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 37 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 15 September 2017 - 01:27 PM

I still run dual gauss, dual ppc or dual gauss, dual heavy large laser for fun.

#9 Pippykins

• Pip
  • Big Brother
  • 15 posts

Posted 24 September 2017 - 02:35 AM

View PostLikeUntoGod, on 25 August 2017 - 05:03 PM, said:

...Gauss on one button and the same for the other side. I hit with the ER LL which helps me aim then I fire the gauss.

that's brilliant, I'm normally horrible with guass so I stick to ppc, but I'll have to try that. I imagine the gauss velocity synergizes with lasers well. How d you post screenshots on the forum? that'd make things easier.

anywho, here's what I have. it hasn't changed from last time but finishing up the skill tree covered a lot of my weak points, like ammo and heat.

NTG-C

I stuck with 2erppcs and moved them to the right and left torsos because getting armed and losing both was ridiculous and common, while the higher hardpoints help me shoot over cover. they also pair with ac's nicely since you have to lead the target by about the same amount, so I switched the 3 uac2s for 2 uac5s. it gets me better ammo and tonnage management while still working well at longer ranges.
the two ERmed lasers are for when things get close, though the uacs are also what help me get through moments where my heats high and I can't cool off. the light active probe is just to give me a warning light ecm mechs, while the cmas is to help mitigate lrm boats, both of which are the bane of my existence.

I could cut both or one of them out for more ac ammo, but fitting one more heat sync doesn't really make much of a difference and is all I'd have room for. I tested this build with small pulse lasers and an extra heatsync and didn't find a worthwhile drop in heat to swap out the Er Meds, but I could drop to er smalls if heats an issue and still fit more ammo and a better active probe. The downside is that would relegate my lasers to emergency weapons, since I'd never really want to be close enough to use them, while er med still work well at longer ranges.

AS for skill the skill tree, i have about half of the survival tree, most of the firepower for heat and ammo capacity, and 14 points of operations for all the heat mitigation and cool run. advanced zoom is a no brainer. the skill tree really covered up all the low points, which is how i get by on 2.5 tons of uac ammo. if games start getting longer i may have to drop the cmas. for another ton.

it may seem a little unorthodox but it works for me, and after over a hundred runds on this mech I have a positive KD ratio on it so it seems to work well. It's not perfect, but each issue I have is generally covered by some other item on the mech, so it always gets by.

Edited by Pippykins, 24 September 2017 - 02:35 AM.

#10 Rattler GUNZ

• Pip
  • Knight Errant
  • 10 posts
  • LocationMontreal,Canada

Posted 08 December 2018 - 01:21 PM

Loadout

2x U-AC10
4x Medium Pulse Laser
ECM

Import Loadout:

Build:

Ad;D<9G1|l^pk0UY7|l^|m<2|RR|RRqk0JO7|RR|RR|oB|l^r`0IO7|fB|fBs`0MO7|oB|oB|l^|l^|fRta0WY7ua0XY7v80QY7|oBw505050

Skills:

a9f1b87cd61dff677bfefefff7f0000000000000000000070a5668c000000

Edited by Rattler GUNZ, 08 December 2018 - 01:25 PM.

#11 Rattler GUNZ

• Pip
  • Knight Errant
  • 10 posts
  • LocationMontreal,Canada

Posted 14 February 2019 - 03:52 PM

NTG-H(L)

QUAD C-UAC 5

#12 General Solo

• Legendary Founder
  • 3,625 posts

Posted 14 February 2019 - 06:29 PM

If you can shoot gauss

Twin gauss with a single PPC is good according to the Nite Gyr meta

Edit: Or Twin gauss and twin Large laser could be ok doh personally I run heavy large lasers instead

Edited by OZHomerOZ, 14 February 2019 - 06:59 PM.

#13 justcallme A S H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 14 February 2019 - 06:59 PM

This is how you NTG-C

Use it's set of 8 quirks! They are excellent.

#14 Vxheous

• CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • 3,822 posts
  • Location2 Time MWO World Champion

Posted 14 February 2019 - 07:35 PM

Here are my Night Gyr builds (I don't play them much anymore, but I had spent a lot of time in them back in 2017). Only one I've played recently is the poptart, and the Jade Kite is new since December.

Classic Poptart: 2xGauss 1xERPPC 2xERML. With the heat dissipation changes, you can now eat the ghost heat and combo 2xGauss + PPC again.
Posted Image

Mini Deathstrike: 2xGauss 2xERLL 2xERML
Posted Image

ECM 2xGauss 2xERLL
Posted Image

Dakka 2s: 4x UAC2 2x CAC2. I have the normal version, and the Jade Kite version. Jade Kite version has more armour, and deadsides a little better, but losing left torso spells disaster.
Posted Image

Posted Image

Here are my overall Night Gyr Stats. I actually thought I had higher K/D with them, but the W/L is good.
Posted Image

Edited by Vxheous, 14 February 2019 - 07:45 PM.

#15 McGoat

Banned -Cheating

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • 629 posts

Posted 16 April 2019 - 08:04 AM

I am partial to the gauss|peep|2erml build VX posted - such a fun mech after heat changes.

For a small price in damage output you can drop a erml for the ecm RT, too.

https://mech.nav-alp...#70483b77_NTG-D

Posted Image

Edited by McGoat, 16 April 2019 - 08:04 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users