#21 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 25 August 2017 - 03:38 AM

View PostAnjian, on 24 August 2017 - 09:58 PM, said:

Sorry but I disagree. Missile boaters will always vote for Polar and Artic, energy users will vote for Polar, Artic and Frozen, and this results in a disproportionate number of cold and open maps being chosen, which only solidifies a meta.

I'm a missile boater.

I like voting for Terra Therma, Grim Plexis, and Forest Colony. :P
I hate when I wind up on Tourmaline (the overhead cover presents a problem).

#22 MagicIndex

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 77 posts

Posted 25 August 2017 - 03:47 AM

Yay.... Farmland is comming. Hope structures will be destructable and cows killable.

Edited by MagicIndex, 25 August 2017 - 03:51 AM.

#23 Paigan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blazing
  • The Blazing
  • 2,789 posts

Posted 25 August 2017 - 04:40 AM

View PostAnjian, on 24 August 2017 - 09:58 PM, said:

Sorry but I disagree. Missile boaters will always vote for Polar and Artic, energy users will vote for Polar, Artic and Frozen, and this results in a disproportionate number of cold and open maps being chosen, which only solidifies a meta.

I am an energy (and even mostly long range) user, but I vote for tourmaline over polar.
Why?
Because it has nice opportunities for long range (better than polar if you know what you're doing) and because I control my heat better than most others, meaning enemies tend to shut down, I do not but focus their CT instead. Or they flee into hinding to cool off and I dominate the open areas for my team. Either one works.
Playing on polar can be fun with my play style, but playing on tourmaline is more fun with it.

Lesson learned: In a complex system, simplistic "always"-statements are almost always wrong.
(see what I did there?)

Edited by Paigan, 25 August 2017 - 04:43 AM.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users