I Will Ask A Question That Should Answer Your Question About How Many Potatoes There Are.

46 replies to this topic

#1 Felicitatem Parco

Professor of Memetics

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,522 posts
  • LocationIs Being Obscured By ECM

Posted 25 August 2017 - 10:34 AM

I will ask a question that should answer your question about how many potatoes there are:

Q. Have you ever tried to beat Halo with just plasma pistols?

See, video games are not always about beating the game as best possible, but rather to play the game in fun ways. I run potato builds all the time because I do not view MWO as a venue for me to Win ad hard as I can. It's a place to play stompy robots, just like how Halo was a great venue to play Laser Space Marine.

#2 Dimento Graven

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Guillotine
  • Guillotine
  • 6,208 posts

Posted 25 August 2017 - 10:35 AM

View PostProsperity Park, on 25 August 2017 - 10:34 AM, said:

I will ask a question that should answer your question about how many potatoes there are:

See, video games are not always about beating the game as best possible, but rather to play the game in fun ways. I run potato builds all the time because I do not view MWO as a venue for me to Win ad hard as I can. It's a place to play stompy robots, just like how Halo was a great venue to play Laser Space Marine.
Sooo... You're saying there's a potato behind every keyboard?

One behind the keyboard, and two in the pot!

#3 Y E O N N E

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 25 August 2017 - 10:44 AM

Beating Halo with literally the most efficient weapon in the entire game?

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

#4 AncientRaig

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Guardian
  • Guardian
  • 584 posts

Posted 25 August 2017 - 10:46 AM

There's enough potatoes in MWO to feed all of Ireland for a few years. :P

#5 Kaeb Odellas

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,934 posts
  • LocationKill the meat, save the metal

Posted 25 August 2017 - 10:48 AM

I don't mind seeing potato builds on quick play. Just keep that stuff out of FP, where the stakes are higher. I don't want to be stuck in a match for 30 minutes with someone intentionally gimping his team.

#6 Smites

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 25 August 2017 - 10:50 AM

A.Yes. When I was about 6 or 7 and didn't know better. Posted Image

#7 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 25 August 2017 - 10:51 AM

The Plasma Pistol is actually really good, especially in Halo CE where it's strong against even unshielded enemies. You can mow down Flood with that thing.

Bad example.

#8 The Lobsters

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clamps
  • The Clamps
  • 269 posts
  • LocationLocation Location.

Posted 25 August 2017 - 10:56 AM

View PostAncientRaig, on 25 August 2017 - 10:46 AM, said:

There's enough potatoes in MWO to feed all of Ireland for a few years. Posted Image

Big talk there hombre, we eat a lot of spuds.

Our family christmas dinner has four different types of potatoes on the table.

Then I married an american, so we get sweet potato mash now as well.

And she's from Idaho, the 'potato state'.

Edited by The Lobsters, 26 August 2017 - 03:36 PM.

#9 FireStoat

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tracker
  • The Tracker
  • 1,053 posts

Posted 25 August 2017 - 11:02 AM

View PostKaeb Odellas, on 25 August 2017 - 10:48 AM, said:

I don't mind seeing potato builds on quick play. Just keep that stuff out of FP, where the stakes are higher. I don't want to be stuck in a match for 30 minutes with someone intentionally gimping his team.

I've got some bad news for you. When PGI shifts Quickdrops to 8v8, each slot will count for a hell of a lot in terms of impact for a team winning, and the snobs against non meta mechs / builds will be violent. 12 v 12 CW will be the only place left to troll it up in fun or lore builds.

#10 DAYLEET

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 4,316 posts
  • LocationLinoleum.

Posted 25 August 2017 - 11:19 AM

People in mwo always blamed everyone else for everything, even when you win. How many time you get a guy bitching the second hes dead and you are up on kills and everyone move together and everything is going nicely :/ Worse, sometimes their death(sacrifice) actually help the team win but instead of seeing that, they just blame everyone for their death. You could be the hero that died that match or the ******* that *****, too many take the later.

Potatoe is just the new term i cant wait to get rid of because potatoes are delicious in all sorts of loadout. Mashed, Fried, Baked, and so on.

Posted Image

Edited by DAYLEET, 25 August 2017 - 11:20 AM.

#11 Spr1ggan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,162 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 25 August 2017 - 11:20 AM

I wouldn't compare how someone beats a singleplayer campaign with how someone plays in a multiplayer only, pvp only game.

Edited by Spr1ggan, 25 August 2017 - 11:21 AM.

#12 TLBFestus

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,519 posts

Posted 25 August 2017 - 11:25 AM

View PostKaeb Odellas, on 25 August 2017 - 10:48 AM, said:

What are those "higher stakes" of which you talk about?

In QP it's simply "play a video game and either win or lose", pretty much the same theme in FP/CW

#13 Shadowomega1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 987 posts

Posted 25 August 2017 - 12:01 PM

View PostTLBFestus, on 25 August 2017 - 11:25 AM, said:

What are those "higher stakes" of which you talk about?

In QP it's simply "play a video game and either win or lose", pretty much the same theme in FP/CW

Yet for FW, you sit in que for 2 to 15 minutes, and then wait for another 2 to 6 minutes for the enemy team to be put together, and then another 30 minutes of fighting that team. To many players using builds that barely pass for quick play builds are going to make your time in FW completely unenjoyable.

As for dropping the term Potatoes, I have a few things I like to call them but their unfit for forum use.

#14 Brain Cancer

• The 1 Percent
  • 3,851 posts

Posted 25 August 2017 - 12:05 PM

I've got some bad news for you. When PGI shifts Quickdrops to 8v8, each slot will count for a hell of a lot in terms of impact for a team winning, and the snobs against non meta mechs / builds will be violent. 12 v 12 CW will be the only place left to troll it up in fun or lore builds.

Like people don't want to already.

Posted Image

Nor will it stop. People ran trash builds in 8v8 before, they will again- because that's the playerbase.

#15 Alexander of Macedon

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,184 posts

Posted 25 August 2017 - 12:25 PM

Plasma pistol run? Looool. AKA a solid weapon and the key component of the best combo of every game in the series.

I guess that is a good way to detect spuds, though, seeing who thinks good weapons are bad and vice-versa. :V

#16 Y E O N N E

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 25 August 2017 - 12:36 PM

Best thing to do in Halo was run around with 3x Magnums or 3x SMGs. So inflexible, but so satisfying!

#17 Dread Render

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 847 posts
  • LocationSouth River NJ

Posted 25 August 2017 - 12:44 PM

View PostAncientRaig, on 25 August 2017 - 10:46 AM, said:

There's enough potatoes in MWO to feed all of Ireland for a few years. Posted Image

That is a rather raciest comment don't you think.
Plus you are forgetting that there are now several large Vodka brands in Ireland that use a lot of potatoes to keep up with the high demand over there.... ummm ...n/m

#18 Xmith

• The Ironclad
  • The Ironclad
  • 1,099 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 25 August 2017 - 01:12 PM

T1 potato build? It's not the size of the potato, it's how you use it I guess.

#19 Bill Lumbar

• Death Star
  • 2,073 posts

Posted 25 August 2017 - 05:03 PM

Here is my Potato build..... Posted Image Please, be gentle with me if you see me in gamePosted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

My old Potato Granite wall mount build.....

Posted Image

#20 DaZur

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 7,511 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 25 August 2017 - 06:19 PM

Meh...

What bothers me is the premise that there is only "one way" to play / have fun... And usually it's based around the premise of the individual couched in some altruism.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users