• You cannot reply to this topic
11 replies to this topic

#1 qS Sachiel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fallen
  • The Fallen
  • 373 posts

Posted 25 August 2017 - 11:03 PM

Trying to wrestle with more MWO client failures.

It's been an issue in the past where i'd drop out, it would say 'connection lost' and when trying to rejoin, i would receive a 'servers are down for maintenance' pop up, when i entered my credentials again however (within <5 seconds) it would log me in and i could play, until the game crashed me again.

Today i've had an issue where i'll be playing a game, i started the matchmaker (quick play) it started searching, then disconnected me to 'Connection lost' notification. Rejoined after entering credentials twice again, i got a popup saying matchmaker failed to find a game, but then when i went to select QP in the same mech i was crashed from (before entering a match or seeing any load screen) that mech has been committed to a match.

So recap:
join QP
crash to login "connection lost"
enter password "server down"
enter password "join main page"
"matchmaker failed to find server"
(mech has already been committed to a game)
join the game through QP.

Now i've had this happen multiple times today. My internet is not the issue, it is permanently on and i have confirmed i'm not losing connection on my end. This does not occur with other programs and my hardware is stable. These issues I've experienced since the change to MWO-launcher from portal, but it got really bad in CW update and not sure if this is related to the event mechs that are being tracked.

Another issue i had recently, was being disconnected towards the end of a match (and it doesn't show me match score or CB earned etc). So i tried a 'quick' reconnect, again having hte 'server down' issue. This time however, the game must have finished close to my force-disconnect, because when i went to rejoin QP game, i had to click 'join with currently deployed mech' but rather than reconnect me to the game the mech was committed to, it requested that i select the map and mode (for a new game).

So i select map and mode thinking ok. i've tried to reconnect to the game i was kicked out of, its strange that i'm joining a new game through the reconnect mechanic, ok... i'l just play the new game.
Select map, select mode. It doesn't even give me an error just returns me to main screen and my mech is not committed to the old game, nor any new game.

WTF is going on with the matchmaker / launcher / servers PGI?

Edited by qS Sachiel, 25 August 2017 - 11:04 PM.

#2 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 26 August 2017 - 02:47 AM

I never had login issue with Steam client. Use that one.

#3 qS Sachiel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fallen
  • The Fallen
  • 373 posts

Posted 26 August 2017 - 02:51 AM

thanks ill give it a try.

This is ridiculous.
now when i reconnect i cannot see the quickplay button to rejoin, nor the whole top tab.

ridiculous.

#4 YasuoBloodMoon

• PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 26 August 2017 - 02:56 AM

View PostEl Bandito, on 26 August 2017 - 02:47 AM, said:

I never had login issue with Steam client. Use that one.

LOL... man you tell us to use bycicle when car is broken and we need car to get fixed. Any logic???

#5 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 26 August 2017 - 03:06 AM

View PostYasuoBloodMoon, on 26 August 2017 - 02:56 AM, said:

LOL... man you tell us to use bycicle when car is broken and we need car to get fixed. Any logic???

I am telling you to use the car, instead of the bicycle. Steam client is just superior.

Edited by El Bandito, 26 August 2017 - 03:10 AM.

#6 YasuoBloodMoon

• PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 26 August 2017 - 03:47 AM

View PostEl Bandito, on 26 August 2017 - 03:06 AM, said:

I am telling you to use the car, instead of the bicycle. Steam client is just superior.

Actually... NOT.Posted Image

#7 qS Sachiel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fallen
  • The Fallen
  • 373 posts

Posted 26 August 2017 - 04:02 AM

3 times tonight. Great FP games thx PGI.

I'd think my account was compromised by the frequency if it didn't crush the top bar every time i reconnected, hinting at just bad, bad bad..

#8 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,748 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 26 August 2017 - 04:41 AM

No issues here. Your location, ISP and which servers. The issue does not have to be your ISP itself nor the servers, it could be any router system between you and the servers.

That you continually are having issues points it away from the servers. In the last year, I THINK I have been d/c twice, maybe? And one time it was because a semi crashed and hit a pole in the neighborhood. Rearranged the living room and found almost $10!!! I remember the good times Posted Image

Texas USA, Suddenlink (cable-wired) and I have all servers selected.

Edit - Also dependent on routing and related issues, if the connection between your system and PGIs has issues, part of the issue may be your router settings, something that is in your control. Routers today do have a software firewall added (security, etc) that used to be called SPI or Stateful Packet Inspection. If there is an issue with an intermediate router system between you and the server (any gaming server) your router may receive a slow down then a large enough influx through a particular port that the SPI sees it as an attack and temporarily closes that port for approx 30secs. Temp closure of that specific port will not affect other programs/ports, since you do not actually lose your system's internet connection, only access to that port, temporarily.

IF this is what is happening, then first option is to setup port triggering for the game. If no resolution then test by turning off the router's Security feature (this is what it is called on number of routers/gateways). Again, this is an software feature, it does not hamper nor turn off NAT itself.

What you do not have direct control over is how your ISP has their routers setup, whether a big company or a smaller company leasing their bandwidth.

Edited by Tarl Cabot, 26 August 2017 - 05:05 AM.

#9 qS Sachiel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fallen
  • The Fallen
  • 373 posts

Posted 26 August 2017 - 07:43 PM

Live in Australia (probably half the problem). Have had no ISP change, no router or other hardware change.
Issue never used to be prevalent with MWO.

Only started showing up for me since the change from portal to client launcher around the CW release.

to restate: there has been zero change of environment on my side since beta release up until these issues.

After a router restart, computer restart and 12hours it still is happening in QP now.

99% sure it's the game because i have zero issues elsewhere (even confirmed on TS and no connection drop while playing in group drops).
Of course the game punishes me for being AFK for more than 1.5 minutes (in FP which are like 20minute games lol) even when the server kicks me off.

Edited by qS Sachiel, 26 August 2017 - 07:45 PM.

#10 MagicIndex

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 77 posts

Posted 27 August 2017 - 05:42 AM

FPS drops, Connection Errors... etc. PGI... Lads what a hell you are smoking there? Or some one again droped a cup of coffee on "big data"?Posted Image

#11 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,748 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 27 August 2017 - 01:35 PM

Live in Australia (probably half the problem). Have had no ISP change, no router or other hardware change.
Issue never used to be prevalent with MWO.

Only started showing up for me since the change from portal to client launcher around the CW release.

to restate: there has been zero change of environment on my side since beta release up until these issues.

Restate? Your modem/router/gateway has had no software/firmware updates from the mfg or ISP? Your ISP has not changed its routing at all during during all that time?..."snip..............." Frak it, not going to sugar coat it, you are an Aussie... :) Damn it, I did... grr....

What has been listed are things somewhat UNDER your control, possible troubleshooting steps. Rebooting everything is a good first step but it is not the only only things you can do. Another would be to test with VPN setups. One player from Australia posted some tracerts from before and after a specific date where he was troubleshooting connectivity issues, and those tracerts had shown his path to the servers has changed, going from mediocre to worse for him. Next he was going to try some VPN setups which would allow him some ability to redirect his pathing. Now to find that thread again.

Anyhow, do with it as you please, or do nothing. Tis no skin off my back unless we happen to be on the same drop where you d/c due your connectivity issues, and failed to try out some things that had been provided which ARE within your control. Unless you actually like being frustrated. I know a few people like that /shakes head...

#12 JediPanther

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,087 posts
  • LocationLost in my C1

Posted 27 August 2017 - 03:25 PM

Steam client doesn't magically fix every thing. Take the advice above to check as much as you can. Pgi normally expects you to have done all you can before email-ing their tech support. They moved the hardware and pc help into a different sub forum. Old hardware can have issues but there are work a rounds in the hardware section. Giving the pgi techs all the nerd info about your system they can most of the time come up with a system specific solution.

I have my internet hard wired with cables but my video card is bare 660 gtx so that would be first thing I'd have to bother with on my end for example. Some times the game just crashes. It's well known how poorly the game runs and pgi is always trying to fix things. The only way to make sure the game always runs is if they were to come out with their own pc made for just mwo and sell it for $500 like you'd find a console priced.

8 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 8 guests, 0 anonymous users