Pgi, Pls, Let Me Remove The "title" From Hud Target Info. Pls!

16 replies to this topic

#1 Ziogualty

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Sergeant
  • Sergeant
  • 382 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 26 August 2017 - 03:56 AM

Really, i never get why it should be important, when you target an enemy, to know his Title.

Since i started playing, 99% of the caller i play with use to call target by letter designation (Alpha, Charlie, Golf, etc). Just how it should be.

In thousands of matches it's really hard for me to recall someone calling target by the name of the enemy pilot.
But anyway, maybe the player's name in the HUD can have some tactical purpose, even if i miss it. (you know the enemy pilot is good, and you want make it primary? Dunno.)

What about the Title?
I think it is a completely useless info to show in the HUD while playing, it just engulf your view, and nothing else.

I bet no one ever hear from his commander orders like:

"Kill that Giant Helper on the left!"

"Watch out for that Bad Company on our back!"

I just would like to have an option to remove it.

Nothing big like in WoT, where you can select almost everything you want to be shown in your HUD, just an option:

"Display enemy pilot Title ON/OFF"

Hoping is not so hard to implement in the game.
Best regards, love you all!

Edited by Attank, 26 August 2017 - 04:35 AM.

#2 Nik Reaper

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,273 posts

Posted 26 August 2017 - 04:21 AM

I support this emotion, but you should be aware that UI or front end developers at PGI are the rarest kind they have ( probly 1 or 2 guys in all X) ) and they are probly working on special events for the CW for the rest of the year(s) ... and we still have no kill counter on conquest, mech encyclopedia, in game real clock near the minimap and a bunch of other quality of life improvements

#3 Maxxi

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 32 posts
  • LocationArgentina

Posted 26 August 2017 - 04:22 AM

I would prefer change the "hero" name in the target display. I know, it's a hero, but I waste precious time guessing what chassis is.

-"TARGET AQUIRED DEATH KNELL"

-Ok, which one was "death knell"? Furious check on the glossary. Ahhh a COM-TDK! Target lost...

Where's that little motherf****?

#4 Ziogualty

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Sergeant
  • Sergeant
  • 382 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 26 August 2017 - 04:31 AM

View PostMaxxi, on 26 August 2017 - 04:22 AM, said:

I would prefer change the "hero" name in the target display. I know, it's a hero, but I waste precious time guessing what chassis is.

-"TARGET AQUIRED DEATH KNELL"

-Ok, which one was "death knell"? Furious check on the glossary. Ahhh a COM-TDK! Target lost...

Where's that little motherf****?

I feel it too! This is a good suggestion.
I would like to have your suggestion and mine both implemented, instead of choosing one.
;)

#5 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,748 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 26 August 2017 - 04:35 AM

I want the ability to toggle off majority of the items.

#6 Cabusha

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 533 posts
  • LocationAK

Posted 26 August 2017 - 06:59 AM

I'd love it if they'd display the hero mechs by their variant designation, rather than the hero mech name itself. There's so many heroes now, I don't know what half the mechs are until I can visually ID. EG change the Heavy Metal to HGN-HM in the tactical HUD.

#7 Dee Eight

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 26 August 2017 - 07:11 AM

Considering there's a death dealer, death strike, total death and death knell.... I took would prefer NOT to see the Hero name and rather just the variant info.

#8 Y E O N N E

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 26 August 2017 - 07:41 AM

But how are you going to know that I'm The Nimble?

#9 Snazzy Dragon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 2,912 posts
  • LocationRUNNING FAST AND TURNING LEFT

Posted 26 August 2017 - 08:21 AM

View PostYeonne Greene, on 26 August 2017 - 07:41 AM, said:

But how are you going to know that I'm The Nimble?

Hopefully you'll be in a commando rather than a mist lynx. Dat agility

#10 Y E O N N E

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 26 August 2017 - 08:23 AM

View PostSnazzy Dragon, on 26 August 2017 - 08:21 AM, said:

Hopefully you'll be in a commando rather than a mist lynx. Dat agility

But...the MLX is one of the twitchiest Lights!

#11 Khobai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 23,969 posts

Posted 26 August 2017 - 09:03 AM

I want the ability to toggle off majority of the items.

you can, press alt-f4

#12 Xmith

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ironclad
  • The Ironclad
  • 1,099 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 26 August 2017 - 10:50 AM

I always use letter designation when calling out targets. Never the pilot's title. Frankly, I can not recall in any match when a title name was use to call out target.

Edited by Xmith, 26 August 2017 - 10:52 AM.

#13 Champion of Khorne Lord of Blood

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,806 posts

Posted 26 August 2017 - 11:51 AM

Seems like a nonissue to me, but I'd like to vote against it, as people have paid for or earned those titles, what would be the point of a title is no one sees it?

Besides, titles offer tactical intel on the enemy. If they're running a title from a new mechpack then its likely they're running a mech from it. If they have Bad Company, then its likely they know how to spread damage well. If they have Knight Errant, its very likely they are new and inexperienced. In some cases players pick titles that fit their playstyle, in others they pick ones they wish to live up to.

#14 Dimento Graven

• Guillotine
  • Guillotine
  • 6,208 posts

Posted 26 August 2017 - 12:05 PM

View PostAttank, on 26 August 2017 - 03:56 AM, said:

I just would like to have an option to remove it.

Nothing big like in WoT, where you can select almost everything you want to be shown in your HUD, just an option:

"Display enemy pilot Title ON/OFF"

Hoping is not so hard to implement in the game.
Best regards, love you all!
Actually I disagree, it should be better than WoT and damn near every aspect of the HUD, sounds, and crimany more control over specific graphics should all be controllable via GUI settings in the HUD.

I don't get how half-assed UI builders can be. Every goddamned aspect of the client should be configurable, INCLUDING what f'ing color you want various items in your HUD to be for some REAL goddamned color-blindness support!

#15 Sunstruck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 441 posts

Posted 26 August 2017 - 12:44 PM

Ya I totally agree about the mechs should just get IDs based on the model name. Its more realistic that a targeting computer / friend or foe system would only be able to determine the type of mech base chassis, not in particular the varient.

Also I feel its better overall to remove the enemy pilot names. There are a lot of people in the top tiers / streamers / that get bullied so to speak because someone on the enemy team will call out a specific pilot that the whole team tries to kill reguardless of the actual mech positions or any kind of normal strategy.

#16 Dimento Graven

• Guillotine
  • Guillotine
  • 6,208 posts

Posted 26 August 2017 - 12:58 PM

View PostSunstruck, on 26 August 2017 - 12:44 PM, said:

There are a lot of people in the top tiers / streamers / that get bullied so to speak because someone on the enemy team will call out a specific pilot that the whole team tries to kill reguardless of the actual mech positions or any kind of normal strategy.
Infamy has a price.

That is it.

Please leave pilot names intact.

#17 Champion of Khorne Lord of Blood

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,806 posts

Posted 26 August 2017 - 12:59 PM

View PostSunstruck, on 26 August 2017 - 12:44 PM, said:

Ya I totally agree about the mechs should just get IDs based on the model name. Its more realistic that a targeting computer / friend or foe system would only be able to determine the type of mech base chassis, not in particular the varient.

Also I feel its better overall to remove the enemy pilot names. There are a lot of people in the top tiers / streamers / that get bullied so to speak because someone on the enemy team will call out a specific pilot that the whole team tries to kill reguardless of the actual mech positions or any kind of normal strategy.

I kinda like the whole thing with knowing your enemy. It feels somewhat immersive to be sent into a battle but your team has heard rumors of a glorious enemy ace pilot on the enemy team, demoralizing some and pushing others to test their might. It also keeps the top players on their toes, the more fame the gain the more skulls they can collect.

9 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 9 guests, 0 anonymous users