#1 Asym

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Captain
  • 2,186 posts

Posted 27 August 2017 - 06:13 AM

OK, bottom line up front:
13 or, was it 14 HPG's in a row?
HPG, Mining, HPG, Mining: for hours.
Crimson then River City, then Crimson, then River city: Over and Over and Over again.
Day after day.........

This may be a symptom of low player volume. May be, that players only like areas where there is a lot of places to hide or maps that have more cover and concealment than open spaces?

The other day it was commical: ""Asym, how many time today have we played this freaking map now.........(sigh) "10 or so and I had a 10x selection accelerator and it didn't help""

It gets be like "Groundhog Day."

I wake up, get in any of my mechs, go to this tunnel, die and then go to the other tunnel and die. Or, go to the citadel and die or, go to the center raised platform and die.... No swamps. No volcano's. No snow and when a snow map is selected, the screaming and AFK's/D/C's are insane (3 in one match: "I ain't playing in this ****: D/C") OK, we died in an 9 to 10 match because the other team had the same thing!!!! Enough already.

We need a random map generator to "balance gameplay" for drop in matches.....

Your thoughts? (Please, disagree but be a little nice....)

Edited by Asym, 27 August 2017 - 06:15 AM.

#2 Smites

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 27 August 2017 - 06:15 AM

I respectfully disagree. Not only do I doubt that Franken-Cry™ could support decent random map generation but that method Is often rather poor by comparison to handcrafted maps. Although, at the rate of map development seen, it might be preferable to waiting 6-8+ months. We wouldn't get new maps, but having, perhaps, 8 presets for any 1 map would keep things interesting in Quick Play.

#3 Daemon04

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 199 posts
  • LocationYou can google Mozartkugel or you can scan an Austrian.

Posted 27 August 2017 - 06:38 AM

lol.

we had random map selection before which resulted in people cooking themselves on purpose on therra just to skip to the next match.

some people disliked random map selection so much that they suggested voting and it was altered into map voting then.
now we get the same maps over and over and over again because of this.

unfortunately it has begun to become stale a long time ago. nothing but new maps and real faction play can change it. our beloved devs need to step up their game fast.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users