• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,015 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSomewhere where you'll probably never go to

Posted 30 August 2017 - 08:59 PM

Question; can megablocks count as part of the Legos too? I have both mixed together and would like to use both if possible :-)

#22 The6thMessenger

• Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 8,045 posts
  • LocationFrom a distance in an Urbie with a HAG, delivering righteous fury to heretics.

Posted 30 August 2017 - 09:01 PM

View PostScout Derek, on 30 August 2017 - 08:59 PM, said:

Question; can megablocks count as part of the Legos too? I have both mixed together and would like to use both if possible :-)

Yes.

View PostRekkon, on 29 August 2017 - 05:58 AM, said:

Frankly, if the bricks are compatible with Lego, that is good enough for me.

#23 Noodlejr

• Pip
  • The Juggernaut
  • The Juggernaut
  • 12 posts
  • LocationNot sure myself

Posted 31 August 2017 - 11:32 AM

Alright lets see if this works properly!
Spoiler

Had lots of fun building this, pretty satisfied with it being scaled big enough for a lego pilot to fit inside, biggest challenges was finding a leg design that looked close to the cicada's that also allowed it to stand freely on its own with the assorted misc parts I had.

#24 Noodlejr

• Pip
  • The Juggernaut
  • The Juggernaut
  • 12 posts
  • LocationNot sure myself

Posted 31 August 2017 - 07:52 PM

Here's my father's submission, intrigued in what I was doing and wanting to enter as well but not wanting to figure out the forum.
Spoiler

Edited by Noodlejr, 31 August 2017 - 07:53 PM.

#25 Hank Wildcarde

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 37 posts

Posted 03 September 2017 - 04:25 AM

Brilliant contest idea - thanks Rekkon for providing an excuse for Lego!

My Bushwacker model is fully articulated (torso/arms/legs/feet/toes) and quite happily stands up on its own, even when put into running poses. I've followed the MWO version contours as closely as possible and it was a lot of fun to build Posted Image

Duck ornament in garden not part of contest entry

Posted Image

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

#26 The6thMessenger

• Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 8,045 posts
  • LocationFrom a distance in an Urbie with a HAG, delivering righteous fury to heretics.

Posted 03 September 2017 - 04:57 AM

View PostHank Wildcarde, on 03 September 2017 - 04:25 AM, said:

Brilliant contest idea - thanks Rekkon for providing an excuse for Lego!

My Bushwacker model is fully articulated (torso/arms/legs/feet/toes) and quite happily stands up on its own, even when put into running poses. I've followed the MWO version contours as closely as possible and it was a lot of fun to build Posted Image

Duck ornament in garden not part of contest entry

Posted Image

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Damn.

I wish i have that much parts.

#27 F22 RaptoR

• PipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 28 posts
  • LocationAlberta, Canada

Posted 03 September 2017 - 08:46 PM

Well heck, I just pulled some of my old Lego models out of my parents attic as they're getting ready to move.

The timberwolfe-esque one has massive feet to keep the thing counter balanced. Has 2 pilots, and a door in the back. Reactor is underneath between the legs... Stands just a bit over 13" tall.

Posted Image

Spoiler

Spoiler

The Elemental was one of my favorites, but very limited movement in the legs.

Posted Image

Edited by F22 RaptoR, 03 September 2017 - 08:48 PM.

#28 Black Fish

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 255 posts

Posted 03 September 2017 - 10:09 PM

I hope I remember to get the lego box from my parent's house next time I visit them hehe.
Probably wont qualify, but if you want in on the fun and do not own any lego parts, you can download Lego Digital Designer - it's a CAD program by LEGO that probably has all the lego parts ever created and it's a fun and intuitive software to work with. I tried to teach the kids on my robotics class to use it but they didn't had the patience to study it Posted Image

#29 The6thMessenger

• Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 8,045 posts

Posted 03 September 2017 - 10:12 PM

View PostBlack Fish, on 03 September 2017 - 10:09 PM, said:

I hope I remember to get the lego box from my parent's house next time I visit them hehe.
Probably wont qualify, but if you want in on the fun and do not own any lego parts, you can download Lego Digital Designer - it's a CAD program by LEGO that probably has all the lego parts ever created and it's a fun and intuitive software to work with. I tried to teach the kids on my robotics class to use it but they didn't had the patience to study it Posted Image

Eh, wouldn't qualify. The other guy gave a super-awesome render of a Hellbringer, got rejected cause it's not physical stuff. Also LDD doesn't do custom lego sales anymore. Saaaad.

#30 Rekkon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • 325 posts
  • LocationIronhold

Posted 04 September 2017 - 04:03 PM

View PostF22 RaptoR, on 03 September 2017 - 08:46 PM, said:

Posted Image

I image this photo as the first of two titled "Test of new power armor," and the second image is just the suit face-down in the dirt.

#31 F22 RaptoR

• PipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 28 posts
  • LocationAlberta, Canada

Posted 04 September 2017 - 06:05 PM

View PostRekkon, on 04 September 2017 - 04:03 PM, said:

I image this photo as the first of two titled "Test of new power armor," and the second image is just the suit face-down in the dirt.

"I knew i should've stayed in bed this morning...." Posted Image
Posted Image

#32 Rekkon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • 325 posts
  • LocationIronhold

Posted 05 September 2017 - 06:24 AM

Ok Earth Monkeys, would you prefer the conclusion of this contest to be September 25th (so winners can qualify for Hellspawn early adopter rewards) or late October (so winners can qualify for the presumed next mech, a Clan medium/light)? Is three weeks enough for everyone working on models to finish them?

View PostF22 RaptoR, on 03 September 2017 - 08:46 PM, said:

Posted Image

Hmmm, technically a power armor, not a mech...

Posted Image

#33 Rovertoo

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 408 posts

Posted 05 September 2017 - 08:03 AM

View PostRekkon, on 05 September 2017 - 06:24 AM, said:

Ok Earth Monkeys, would you prefer the conclusion of this contest to be September 25th (so winners can qualify for Hellspawn early adopter rewards) or late October (so winners can qualify for the presumed next mech, a Clan medium/light)? Is three weeks enough for everyone working on models to finish them?

Posted Image

Either is fine by me, if by some great chance I managed to win, Id probably go with a Nova Cat so it doesnt matter to me. My submission is done now too, just waiting on a good photo now

#34 Hank Wildcarde

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 37 posts

Posted 06 September 2017 - 08:14 AM

I'm not particularly taken with the Hellspawn to be honest - if I was lucky enough to win any of the prizes it would most likely be one of the upcoming Clan mechs so one vote here for extending until October Posted Image

Edited by Hank Wildcarde, 06 September 2017 - 08:15 AM.

#35 Rovertoo

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 408 posts

Posted 06 September 2017 - 09:18 AM

Dang. Can we get an exception to the paper/name rule? Ive got a couple photos of mine but no paper in the shot. If no Ill have to get back home before I can upload it.

#36 Rekkon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • 325 posts
  • LocationIronhold

Posted 06 September 2017 - 11:15 AM

The paper requirement is to prevent people from pulling any old image off the internet. You have at least 2.5 weeks, so plenty of time.

#37 Rovertoo

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 408 posts

Posted 06 September 2017 - 05:37 PM

Yeah, not sure why I couldn't think of that that reason before, makes perfect sense. Either way, I re-shot the images with a paper included! Here they are! (assuming I can get the link to work!)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Hope you like black, it's all I got. And in retrospect I should have gone for some lower angle shots as well. A stealthy-black Cicada for anyone who'll have her!

Edited by Rovertoo, 06 September 2017 - 05:43 PM.

#38 Rekkon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • 325 posts
  • LocationIronhold

Posted 11 September 2017 - 06:01 AM

The main post has been updated with the contest completion date (October 16th). We have 7+ prizes up for grabs and relatively few entries so far.

#39 Rovertoo

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 408 posts

Posted 11 September 2017 - 09:46 AM

View PostRekkon, on 11 September 2017 - 06:01 AM, said:

The main post has been updated with the contest completion date (October 16th). We have 7+ prizes up for grabs and relatively few entries so far.

My brother is wanting to put in a submission as well, but how might you judge a small "scene" of mechs? Say, one mech blasting or stomping another in a diorama? I mean having more than one mech in a single submission.

Edited by Rovertoo, 11 September 2017 - 09:46 AM.

#40 Rekkon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • 325 posts
  • LocationIronhold

Posted 11 September 2017 - 10:41 AM

Multiple mechs per image is fine. Each mech will be its own entry.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users