41 replies to this topic

#21 Bud Crue

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,882 posts
  • LocationOn the farm in central Minnesota

Posted 31 August 2017 - 03:55 AM

To many MC floating around in the "economy" or something?
I think we had 1 Mechbay sale in all of 2016 (I only recall the one around xmas), and thus far we've had 2 in the last week and a few before that. Not a complaint. Just seems really odd.

#22 Magik Jack

• PipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 77 posts

Posted 31 August 2017 - 04:15 AM

I always thought champion mechs were really for those select people who enjoyed grinding xp for conversion to gxp back in the old system (or those that wanted that 2nd/3rd mech to finish leveling faster so they could master the others faster). What are they useful for now? TBH I have never really taken a long hard look at them, like, ever.

#23 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 31 August 2017 - 04:45 AM

View PostBud Crue, on 31 August 2017 - 03:55 AM, said:

I think we had 1 Mechbay sale in all of 2016 (I only recall the one around xmas), and thus far we've had 2 in the last week and a few before that. Not a complaint. Just seems really odd.

Well, I believe the reason is quite obvious. And it's the same reason we have seen so many 50% off Hero sales this year, and other discounts that were previously rare.

It's an old stock runout... same as what car manufacturers do just before they introduce a new model. They try to milk some extra sales of old stock, before it loses a lot of its former value.

Mech Con is 99 days away, incidentally. Gosh I wonder* what will happen there?

* Not actually wondering. It's quite obvious what's going to happen there.

Edited by Appogee, 31 August 2017 - 04:56 AM.

#24 Bud Crue

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,882 posts
  • LocationOn the farm in central Minnesota

Posted 31 August 2017 - 05:03 AM

View PostCaptain Hawkins, on 31 August 2017 - 04:15 AM, said:

I always thought champion mechs were really for those select people who enjoyed grinding xp for conversion to gxp back in the old system (or those that wanted that 2nd/3rd mech to finish leveling faster so they could master the others faster). What are they useful for now? TBH I have never really taken a long hard look at them, like, ever.

Tentatively they are supposed to be for new players to find it easier to level.

In my early whale days, when I bought mastery packs like a kid in a candy store, they all came with a hero, a champion and a third mech. I never thought much about the "C", I just new that all the packs had one.

Now though? I can't imagine many new players spending their precious cbills on a "C" version unless they were desperate and...there were a sale (like this one)...that knocked their premium price point down to that mor akin, or less than their non "C" variant. Beyond that, no idea.

#25 Zeoraimer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 181 posts

Posted 31 August 2017 - 05:59 AM

What is the point to getting more XP once a mech is mastered? What is the point of converting XP->GXP (which costs MC)?

Do people really earn XP and GXP in one mech to level another mech? GXP accumulation is quite slow, surely it would be faster just to play the mech you are leveling anyway? OR just don't bother leveling it, since there is no rule of 3 anymore.

I've only spent XP while repsec'ing part of a skill tree. Beyond that, XP is useless once "mastered" (Unless someone can point out what else I can use my XP for?)

A combination of not being not having the time to play, repetitive 12v12 death match boredom, and a small horde of GSP means I don't even need to level grind mechs. Which means I can play even less frequently...

Edited by Zeoraimer, 31 August 2017 - 06:00 AM.

#26 SuperFunkTron

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Slayer
  • The Slayer
  • 910 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 31 August 2017 - 06:57 AM

View PostAudacious Aubergine, on 30 August 2017 - 10:45 PM, said:

Well first things first,
Posted Image
With that out of the way... Thunderbolt, Mauler or Ebon Jag? EDIT: Never mind! The Zeus and Grasshopper have my interest instead

I was very much considering throwing money at the Nanuq, but now that you've said that I think I'll wait a touch longer as well in case it goes on sale. Also I'm pretty sure the WHK-C has a CT energy hardpoint

I'm aware of the missile and laser hard points available in the CT, but there are variants out there that have a ballistic (Variant F) and 2 laser side torso (variant D), not to mention the H variant having a right arm omnipod with 2 lasers and a missile hard point (we've got that in the left arm only right now). That locked left torso means the Warhawks need as many options as they can get!

#27 Tier5 Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,049 posts

Posted 31 August 2017 - 09:52 AM

View PostBud Crue, on 31 August 2017 - 03:55 AM, said:

To many MC floating around in the "economy" or something?

We had at least two in 2016, autumn and christmas. I can't be sure about early 2016 or spring as I wasn't playing so active yet then.

#28 Javin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 519 posts

Posted 31 August 2017 - 10:03 AM

Yay!

#29 Dee Eight

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 31 August 2017 - 11:26 AM

If you need cbills and have MC to spare, buy the locust champion and immediately sell it. The 380 MC works out to about 2 million cbills which is more than you get just directly converting MC to cbills.

#30 PanzerTC

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 104 posts
  • LocationA Tank

Posted 31 August 2017 - 01:27 PM

Thanks PGI. Topped Mech Bays off to 40 open should last a long time.

#31 G SE7EN7

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 579 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationGaledon District

Posted 31 August 2017 - 02:21 PM

Champion mechs... yuk!

#32 Dee Eight

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 31 August 2017 - 03:16 PM

View PostG SE7EN7, on 31 August 2017 - 02:21 PM, said:

Champion mechs... yuk!

They're useful for events where there is a goal of reaching a certain total accumulated XP. Also if you don't own that variant at all previously to the skill tree change (which would mean you probably have historical XP and SP for it), the extra XP means you'll be able to skill up 91 nodes faster on it.

I don't need anymore champs on my primary account, but I picked up three for my alternate for just that first reason (event XP goal).

Edited by Dee Eight, 31 August 2017 - 03:46 PM.

#33 G SE7EN7

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 579 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationGaledon District

Posted 31 August 2017 - 08:31 PM

Hey I'll take the free ones we get for prizes but no way am I parting with MC for a champion.

#34 XT3RM1N4T0R

Rookie

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 September 2017 - 12:52 AM

I missed out and was waiting for a mech bay sale =/

#35 Zeoraimer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 181 posts

Posted 01 September 2017 - 05:35 AM

View PostDee Eight, on 31 August 2017 - 11:26 AM, said:

If you need cbills and have MC to spare, buy the locust champion and immediately sell it. The 380 MC works out to about 2 million cbills which is more than you get just directly converting MC to cbills.

I think the LCT(C) is the new best "value" for using MC to melt mechs for cash money laundering scheme.

This was done by another forum member, xJohnWolf. I can't find him on the leaderboards after season 3, so he either stopped playing, or doesn't play more than 10 games a month to register:

https://mwomercs.com...e-is-math-here/

Not at home, so I cant see how much the LCT chassis sells for, but so far:

CDA-2A(c) @ 50% off MC = 3,551,523 CB / 800 MC = 4439 CB per MC
XL340 = 5,553,333/2 = 2776666.5
MLas  = 6x(80/2)= 240000
DHS   = 5x(12/2)= 30000
mech  = 504856.5

LCT-1E(C) @ 50% off MC = ??? / 380 MC = ??? CB per MC
XL190 = 3,103,083/2 = 1551541.5
MLas  = 5x(80/2)= 200,000
DHS   = 4x(12/2)=  24,000
mech  = ???

Even without selling the LCT chassis, we still have (1,551,541.5 + 200,000 + 24,000) / 380 = 4672 CB per MC. That XL190 is worth a lot for so little MC spent.

#36 GamerPro4000

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 348 posts
  • LocationSian

Posted 01 September 2017 - 07:44 AM

View PostDee Eight, on 31 August 2017 - 03:16 PM, said:

They're useful for events where there is a goal of reaching a certain total accumulated XP. Also if you don't own that variant at all previously to the skill tree change (which would mean you probably have historical XP and SP for it), the extra XP means you'll be able to skill up 91 nodes faster on it.

I don't need anymore champs on my primary account, but I picked up three for my alternate for just that first reason (event XP goal).

Also some Champion variants have unique hardpoints. I believe the C variant for the NOVA has 3 AMS. A useful omnipod unlock for all novas.

#37 Tier5 Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,049 posts

Posted 01 September 2017 - 09:05 AM

View PostGamerPro4000, on 01 September 2017 - 07:44 AM, said:

Also some Champion variants have unique hardpoints. I believe the C variant for the NOVA has 3 AMS. A useful omnipod unlock for all novas.

Champions don't have different hardpoints, they are always based on the named basic variant, as as quirks and such.

Nova is omnimech and the 3 AMS is available for the one Nova variant with 1xAMS in CT, then selecting ST pods from another variant for two more AMS.

#38 Mikayshen

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 416 posts

Posted 01 September 2017 - 09:23 AM

So what's up with this double XP weekend that was hinted at? When does it start? When does it end? Why is there no information about it on the website as of yet? It would be rather nice to know what's going on when something like that gets announced.

#39 suffocater

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 570 posts

Posted 01 September 2017 - 09:34 AM

View PostMikayshen, on 01 September 2017 - 09:23 AM, said:

So what's up with this double XP weekend that was hinted at? When does it start? When does it end? Why is there no information about it on the website as of yet? It would be rather nice to know what's going on when something like that gets announced.

THIS!

I have so many mechs to level. I need double XP. The earlier the better.

#40 KodiakGW

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 1,775 posts
  • LocationNE USA

Posted 01 September 2017 - 09:54 AM

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 30 August 2017 - 02:29 PM, said:

(Double XP weekend Starts - Sept 1st!)

Hopefully this will start before the Europeans head to sleep. Just played my DRG-5N and no additional XP.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users